NFL - SEASON 08!

eagle87

When should we transfer this to a NFL 09 thread, since all we are talking about is the prospect of success next season?

Yukon, I do admire your enthusiasm - I'll be there for you come Nov./Dec. when the Bills are on the outside looking in at the playoff picture and the city is blowing up. :lol:

Jimmy Ray, yes I get your spoof. Just used to posts with anger and vengence in this forum, so I wasn't sure what direction you were coming from. I have seen that 70 yard sprint, only to have a 2 yard run a number of times already, followed by a rolling of the eyes and a rant on the sidelines. Again, he is not worth the baggage he brings.

Jimmy Ray, yes I get your spoof. Just used to posts with anger and vengence in this forum, so I wasn't sure what direction you were coming from.

No way I'm here for any of that! I might get on fair weather / bandwagon fans who don't live near or never had any connection to certain teams, but even that is no serious issue. I live in New York and have enjoyed going to Yankee games with my wife and friends in the past, but I still even spoof on that team and don't particularly embrace the legions of so called die hard fans who never even visited here. I guess each person has their own idea of what things in life should be taken seriously - there's very few subjects here on this forum that I would classify as such?

No way I'm here for any of that! I might get on fair weather / bandwagon fans who don't live near or never had any connection to certain teams, but even that is no serious issue. I live in New York and have enjoyed going to Yankee games with my wife and friends in the past, but I still even spoof on that team and don't particularly embrace the legions of so called die hard fans who never even visited here. I guess each person has their own idea of what things in life should be taken seriously - there's very few subjects here on this forum that I would classify as such?

Cool with me. I used to live in upstate and have been a Yanks fan for 30+ years. Been to the Bronx a number of times. Not to jack the thread but how disgusted are you of A-Rod? From day one I knew he was nothing but a loser and he hasn't proven me wrong yet. His stats mean nothing when he doesn't have anything to show for it, in a team sense. So are you a Giants fan then?

We will see about that. On the outside looking in? Whos gonna stop T O? Yo momma?

T O

T O

LETS GO BUFF-A LO

Actually she lives near Syracuse, so maybe she could take care of that - especially if he "accidentally" takes too many pills again! :)

Too funny! :hysterical:

Wait until summer camp starts, you are going to be unstopable with excitement - he does create an aura of anticipation. Are you gonna get your popcorn ready? :wacko:

Cool with me. I used to live in upstate and have been a Yanks fan for 30+ years. Been to the Bronx a number of times. Not to jack the thread but how disgusted are you of A-Rod? From day one I knew he was nothing but a loser and he hasn't proven me wrong yet. His stats mean nothing when he doesn't have anything to show for it, in a team sense. So are you a Giants fan then?

I don't think it would be appropriate to discuss A-Rod in this football thread. The game of Baseball pales in intensity and commitment to teamwork compared to Football, and is loosing my interest due to the controversies that keep building up within it. I dread the possibility of what might be uncovered regarding substances in football's past and present, although I think of the overall game as more meaningful than just stats that might require asterisks someday.

Yes, I'm a Giants fan. I was advised at an early age to never count on the Jets, and we didn't get TV or news coverage of the Bills here on Long Island. Maybe now that will change, with the Jets assembling a defense, and the Bills hitting primetime. We got some popcorn here in the house, somewhere...

Your new boy should be very familiar with baby wipes, and Huggies...

Y.C. should be glad he will not be playing our division this season - the NFC East would deny any success for them and might go ahead and bust T.O.'s jaw, just for shits and giggles. :lol:

This is in today's Toronto Sun

It seems Terrell Owens won't be the only NFL marquee player on display when the Buffalo Bills head north to play at Toronto's Rogers Centre later this year.

Both NFL.com and The NFL Network reported yesterday that the Indianapolis Colts -- led by star quarterback Peyton Manning -- are the top choice to be Buffalo's opponent for the game.

Buffalo made headlines March 7 when it signed the controversial Owens to a $6.5-million US, one-year contract just two days after the 35-year-old was released by the Dallas Cowboys.

Having Owens and Manning would certainly be a boon for the Toronto-based group that last year agreed to pay the Bills $78 million -- more than double Buffalo's calculated 2006 operating income -- to play eight games at Rogers Centre.

The Bills Toronto Series consists of five regular-season and three exhibition contests to be played in Canada through the 2012 season.

Wow. Are things really that bad between him and Denver? And how does a guy just walk away from a contract and his team simply because he is mad at management for looking into a trade. In my opinion the guy is being a typical baby in the sports world. You dont want a guy like this in Detroit do you? 0-16 or not. Besides, your troubles are on the defensive side of the ball. You cant stop grandma if she were carrying the football. I have never seen a worse run defense in my life. They looked like fish out of water on Thanksgiving. What a joke.

There was a worst defense in 1942....so they tell me. :D

We've made some decent moves this off-season. I highly approved of this weekend's trade (DT Redding for Seattle's OLB Peterson). If we take the LB from Wake Forest with the # 1, we would actually have 3 very respectable linebackers. You have to start somewhere.

As for Cutler, I think we would be better off with him than using the #1 pick on Stafford. I'm not quite sure what the real story is there, but none of this is helping his trade value any. That's a plus for us. As far as being a crybaby, I think I'd rather put up with Cutler on my team than T.O.

I'm predicting we start out at least 0-5 next year.

At first I was worried about the Pats but now...we have the best roster in the NFL. I think it's safe to say we've got won monster of a season ahead of us especially with the return of THE Tom Brady. We're probably even getting Julius Peppers! Now just to re-sign Harrison. I'll say they go 6-0 in division and 14-2, to 16-0, and Super Bowl champions of 4X. All other teams...get ready.

As for Buffalo, we are loaded with talent. I think we are gonna kick some butt.

2z6w8qv.jpg

:D:D:D

So you got T.O. but who's gonna throw him the ball, Trent Edwards HA! I look forward to another two blowouts around 56-10 again. But good luck I suppose and hey if the Bills make the Super Bowl I'll root for 'em. But to say the least the Bills will win maybe 2 games in division...against the Jets. Your the one who's dreamin the Bills will be lucky to win above 6 games.

Bullshit. They will beat Miami and at least split with NE. And make the playoffs. And then who knows. We are gonna kick ass. Edwards is a good QB.. You will see sucka.

Well, maybe Miami. But they have no chance against New England.

Tom Brady

Fred Taylor

Randy Moss

Wes Welker

Joey Galloway

Grag Lewis

Ben Watson

the whole O-line

Richard Seymour

Vince Wilfork

Tedy Bruschi

Jerod Mayo

Adalius Thomas

Shawn Springs

Ellis Hobbs

Brendon Marriweather

Possibly even by the end of the off season Rodney Harrison, Junior Seau, and Julius Peppers.

Well, maybe Miami. But they have no chance against New England.

Tom Brady

Fred Taylor

Randy Moss

Wes Welker

Joey Galloway

Grag Lewis

Ben Watson

the whole O-line

Richard Seymour

Vince Wilfork

Tedy Bruschi

Jerod Mayo

Adalius Thomas

Shawn Springs

Ellis Hobbs

Brendon Marriweather

Possibly even by the end of the off season Rodney Harrison, Junior Seau, and Julius Peppers.

That is A LOT of aging players. Taking on a young and hungry group of teams in the AFC East is going to take its toll......

As far as being a crybaby, I think I'd rather put up with Cutler on my team than T.O.

Absolutely. Why wouldn't a competitive and productive QB get his back up about the new coach bringing in one of his boys, an obvious candidate for starter - when the focus should be on improving the defense. The Jets can't get Cassel, so Cutler should be their top priority, if he becomes available.

Amen to that Walter. And some of the best sports writers in the country are saying T O will not start trouble in Buffalo. He is out to prove to the other teams they made a big mistake passing him by. Some of you suckers are gonna eat your words. Who's gonna stop TO? Who's gonna stop Lynch?: Yo momma?

TO is going to stop TO,he always does! He doesn't know how to shut up and play.

Edited to get that stupid mug of his out of my post. ;)

Ah, you are just a disgruntled Eagles fan. What do you know? Nuttin.

Someone is going to hit him so hard that his ego is going to be knocked to Kingdom Come.There's a lot of DB's,safties and linebackers out there that are completely capable and waiting for the opportunity.There are some mean MF's in the AFC chomping at the bit. :injured:

Edited to get douchefaces' pic outta my post! :angry:

Archived