The cars of zeppelin

LZFord

OK, well here are some of the,

Cars of the song remains the same

BTW: does anyone know where that white Andy Brizio panel that Bonham drov is today, same with the Red 27', and the dragster.

I have also heard during early concerts zeppelin toured in Ford LTD's.

Also I heard Bonham bought a Jaguar XK150 after the 1st contract with atlantic records.

And i wish i could find a picture of this car, but back during the late sixties/early 70's there was a 1969 Pontiac GTO that raced at Detroit Dragway which was Red with a white hood and front bumper, and it had Zep written on the rear quarter panel.

OK, well here are some of the,

Cars of the song remains the same

BTW: does anyone know where that white Andy Brizio panel that Bonham drove is today, same with the Red 27', and the dragster.

I have also heard during early concerts zeppelin toured in Ford LTD's.

Also I heard Bonham bought a Jaguar XK150 after the 1st contract with atlantic records.

And i wish i could find a picture of this car, but back during the late sixties/early 70's there was a 1969 Pontiac GTO that raced at Detroit Dragway which was Red with a white hood and front bumper, and it had Zep written on the rear quarter panel.

Last I heard the Andy Brizio panel was owned by a private collector in England.

Richard Cole (and numerous concert attendees) have confirmed they travelled in a

panelled station wagon during their first North American tour.

Last I heard the Andy Brizio panel was owned by a private collector in England.

Richard Cole (and numerous concert attendees) have confirmed they travelled in a

panelled station wagon during their first North American tour.

Coulda been a Mercury ( cause I'm crazy 'bout a Mercury ) :D

Your Welcome for the link, and thanks for that info Steve. I also read online that bonham owned a 54' ford with a 427 big block in it. And This is kind of unrelated but here is my car. A 1970 Ford Maverick Pro Street. Its only a rolling chassis now. But when its finished I want it dark Metalflake red and to have Starship II to be written on the door.

009go3.jpg

Your Welcome for the link, and thanks for that info Steve. I also read online that bonham owned a 54' ford with a 427 big block in it.

If your interested to know further details about the cars they owned in the 70s I could

post more. The dragster John drove at Santa Pod Raceway was owned by Clive Coulson, but you probably knew that already. I do have some outtake photographs of Peter Grant receiving/driving another roadster which ultimately wasn't used in the film.

Your Welcome for the link, and thanks for that info Steve. I also read online that bonham owned a 54' ford with a 427 big block in it. And This is kind of unrelated but here is my car. A 1970 Ford Maverick Pro Street. Its only a rolling chassis now. But when its finished I want it dark Metalflake red and to have Starship II to be written on the door.

009go3.jpg

My buddy and I drove to San Francisco in one of those back in 80. Went to see Earth Wind and Fire. Set a North American land speed record in doing so....my face still hasn't recovered :D

Did Jimmy ever drive?

No, I don't think so. I don't think he ever has learnt to drive (I'm sure someone will know the answer to that 100%!)

I recently read an interview with Roger Daltrey, where he said he swapped his Jag for one of Bonzo's cars...I'm recalling this from memory and don't remember which one of John's cars it was...but Roger quipped "no wonder he swapped it, it was shit" or something along those lines! :D

Did Jimmy ever drive?

It is generally stated Jimmy never drove, yet in 1988 he did tell 'Musician' magazine writer Charles M. Young he had lost his license at the time, and consequently was

not mobile. Charles attempted to pry into why Jimmy lost his license but no answer

was forthcoming. Regardless, he has had people to take him where he needs to go

for decades. Charlie Watts of The Rolling Stones has an extensive collection of

classic automobiles, yet he too seldom (indeed if ever) drives.

I believe Grant's Pierce-Arrow in the film had a hood ornament in one scene and lost it the next.

No kidding?! I've never noticed. Tell you what, let me dig those photos out this weekend

and post them here. It very well may explain why that is the case, if indeed it is.

Is this why Jimmy Page let Rock N' Roll be used in the Cadillac commercial? Because of their love of cars.

They would not have licensed the use of their song to just any car company. Cadillac's

have been directly associated with rock n' roll since the '50s, specifics of which I have

posted elsewhere in this forum. It's unfortunate The Firm's song 'Cadillac' wasn't used.

It may be obscure but the voice of Paul Rodgers certainly is not.

Anyway, I was there when Robert Plant attended Cadillac's 100th Birthday Celebration

at the GM World Headquarters (Aug 2002). He seemed genuinely thrilled to attend.

009go3.jpg

One of my highschool buddies had a 1970 Ford Maverick "Grabber", it had a stock Mustang Boss 302 somehow shoehorned in and working hood scoops, cool!

Producing Led Zeppelin's motion picture The Song Remains The Same:

Led Zeppelin manager Peter Grant meeting with film director Peter Clifton

Horselunges Manor in Hellingly, Sussex, England Autumn 1974

Photos (from the original negatives) courtesy of Steve A. Jones Archive

1974_PeterGrant1.jpg

1974_PeterGrant2.jpg

1974_PeterGrant3.jpg

Producing Led Zeppelin's motion picture The Song Remains The Same:

Led Zeppelin manager Peter Grant meeting with film director Peter Clifton

Horselunges Manor in Hellingly, Sussex, England Autumn 1974

Photos (from the original negatives) courtesy of Steve A. Jones Archive

1974_PeterGrant1.jpg

1974_PeterGrant2.jpg

1974_PeterGrant3.jpg

N I C E!

Those are nice pictures, Steve.

I read that Jimmy wanted to get his licence while he was writing the Death Wish II soundtrack, but the day of his driving test, he made it sound like he had to finish the soundtrack instead.

Archived