Whateve Happened to Jugula

I remember I bought this album just cause Jimmy is on it. I wasnt expecting much. It turned out to be one of my favorite albums ever. There are some really good tunes on it, Elizabeth, Hope, etc.

Yes 1984ish I really like and loved th LP cover too, I think Jimmy played with Roy at the Cmbridge Folk Festival about that time too..good stuff.

And they did a performance on The Old Grey Whistle Test which left them fuming afterwards. The reporter cut the performance short and wanted to talk more about Jimmy's past and his new band The Firm rather the Harper-Page collaboration, in standard condescending style of the post-punk period.

And they did a performance on The Old Grey Whistle Test which left them fuming afterwards. The reporter cut the performance short and wanted to talk more about Jimmy's past and his new band The Firm rather the Harper-Page collaboration, in standard condescending style of the post-punk period.

oooh, Wonder if thats on uTube anywhere? I have the proigram on DVD where Harper and Paige are on the hills playing and being interviewed.

oooh, Wonder if thats on uTube anywhere? I have the proigram on DVD where Harper and Paige are on the hills playing and being interviewed.

That's the one. But the reporter - Mark Ellen - is quite friendly with Jimmy.

When I saw it way back then I remember a shiver going down my spine when Jimmy said he was now "a better guitarist because I'm working harder" Some of the Jugula album was played at the Cambridge Folk Festival in 1984 where Jimmy played 2 sets with Roy Harper - what a bloody great day that was!! Anglia TV(the local TV station filmed the entire first set)promised to show highlights but it never saw the light of day. No one knows where THAT went!! :(

Been a huge fan of the album for years! First got it in 92. Stormcock lives in my truck nowadays.

But yeah, Elisabeth!

And "standing here squirting the loo" :lol:

"And here comes P.C. Bill Identikit. Saying my backside is very badly lit allo, allo, allo?

Allo?"

Yeah man! B)

How interesting would a page/harper album be today? i saw -roy harper at the bottom line back in 97 and havent heard of him being back to the -us since. I was forwarded some info on him releasing podcasts now. Even if they didnt tour at all, a new collaboration from -harper/page would be soo cool to hear these days.

In regards to that -harper show at the bottom line in 97, there was a second show that night and i'm happy i stuck around and bought a ticket for that second show.

Thats right Ialso remember them up a hill doing an interview on OGWT, or maybe the same episode .

• 10 years later...

Mark Ellen is such an ‘80s douche in this....what’s missing from this clip is the portion of studio interview with Depeche Mode in which they call JP and RH “old stoned hippies,” which is ironic considering one of their members had a significant heroin problem and they were notorious partyers....

Didnt Ellen write about this interview in his book? Wasn’t there supposedly a clip from the interview where JP went tumbling backwards off the rock and RH cracked up?

Archived