Jimmy Page to perform at closing ceremony of Beijing Olympics

widget

i get what you are saying, ev. but sometimes i think its best to let little nasties pass by me. do you know what i mean? and yes, this is their official forum. not ours. i was always taught that if you cant say something nice, dont say anything at all...........most of the time. :)

Nice post Kentucky! It may come as a shock to many here that Alison might have a mind of her own, and be working while Plant's away, I never had a doubt. I've never made a secret my longtime love of her music and talent. If I'd know Plant would be so taken with her (musically), I'd have sent him Everytime You Say Goodbye ten years ago! :lol:

i get what you are saying, ev. but sometimes i think its best to let little nasties pass by me. do you know what i mean? and yes, this is their official forum. not ours. i was always taught that if you cant say something nice, dont say anything at all...........most of the time. :)

Aye, but when the stinging barbs are aimed squarely at you, in name (as was done to me today in another thread, and on many other occasions), claiming I'm a mindless "Percy Apologist", it's hard not to say something. Those who know me here, and from the old board, know what I can bring to the table when I'm on a roll. But I get crap from complete strangers based on what other people say happened somewhere else. Funny how those people are the ones who've had numerous usernames over the years. I've been Evster2012 since the day I signed up in 2001. Know why? I've never been banned for harrassing other board members or making derogatory and inflammable remarks about the band, both of which are against the forum rules we agreed to when we signed up.

Glad to hear this. I for one, don't care who he's performing with. It could be Jimmy Page and a broom and I'd still tune in. Besides, Leona Lewis has a great voice and she seems like a really down to earth pop star (for now at least) Very curious to see what they'll perform.

On a side note, I mentioned Jimmy would be performing at the Olympics to a co-worker, and he says "Oh, that's because he's part Chinese right?" :lol::lol:

Beijing Olympics Closing Ceremony

The closing ceremony of Beijing Olympics 2008 will be conducted at the Beijing National Stadium on 24th August, 2008. Zhang Yimou, the talented filmmaker of China will direct the Beijing Olympics Closing Ceremony. Zhang Yimou along with his team of artists will cater to all the spectators with their creative and mind-blowing performances. His team of artists includes Chen Weiya, Chen Qigang, Yu Jianping, Zhang Jigang, Cai Guoqiang and other talents.

The Beijing Organizing Committee of the 112th Olympiad made a right choice by selecting Zhang Yimo, the artistic talent, for the ceremonies. Seeing Zhang Jigang, an internationally acclaimed choreographer, working for the direction of the 2008 Beijing Olympic ceremonies is a delight for all.

Like the opening ceremony, the closing ceremony of Beijing Olympics 2008 on 24th August will be a memorable event for all the viewers. You will see several dancing dragons and fantastic fireworks. These programs will be guided by the chief special effect designer and a professional firework, Cai Guoqiang. He will be in charge of taking care of all the special effects that will be provided for the closing ceremony. Yu Jianping will be in-charge of the technical part whereas Chen Qigang will be the music director for both the ceremonies.

Nice post Kentucky! It may come as a shock to many here that Alison might have a mind of her own, and be working while Plant's away, I never had a doubt. I've never made a secret my longtime love of her music and talent. If I'd know Plant would be so taken with her (musically), I'd have sent him Everytime You Say Goodbye ten years ago! :lol:

Alison is great, but I think Robert has really bonded with the Band and crew. They tolerate his drinking (I saw them laugh when his assistant discreetly placed his beer on the drum riser, everyone else had water) and enjoy his war stories from the Zeppelin days, and it is amazing how he has adapted to this Southern Baptist culture and seems so comfortable here (although he is quick to point out that he has no plans to live here permanently). It is really fun to watch him right now because he is so happy.

I do not think he is green over JP at the Olympics, IMO. I think he will watch with the rest of us!

You have got to be kidding.

I wrote a lengthy reply to the idea that Robert might be jealous of the opportunity to appear in this dubious event--but then thought, nah--that ^^ says it right there! ;)

(However, I'm certainly with those who are hoping that it might turn out to be--well, better than the concept sounds. Also, that Jimmy wears a scarf. B) )

Oh I knew there was no way Jimmy at the Beijing Olympics could happen without some comment on his supposed Chinese ethnicity. I'm just surprised it didn't come up sooner! :D

Yeah, I mentioned it on another forum on Tuesday! :lol:

Can somebody please explain to me how a thread titled "Jimmy to perform at closing ceremony" has morphed into a pro/can Robert Plant thread......AGAIN?

What next? I'll post a thread titled: "Hey gang, got my beer on sale today". The reply will predictibly be: "Well, if Robert would get off his selfish ass and tour with Zeppelin, you wouldn't have to drink so much".

Is that where we are heading?

This just in from BBC Sport - Olympics 2012 site a few minutes ago:

"London 2012 officials have lost the element of surprise for their eight-minute show at the closing ceremony of the Beijing Olympics.

I understand that reports that David Beckham and Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page and pop star Leona Lewis will take part are correct.

Beckham will appear on the top of one of London's red double-decker buses and kick a football into the crowd when London gets a chance to tell the world what the next Games will be like.

It's been rumoured for some time that Beckham - who in 2005 was in Singapore as part of the bid team when London won the 2012 vote - would take part but London 2012 are disappointed that the news has leaked out more than a week before the ceremony on Sunday August 24 (1300-1600 BST)."

Source:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/olympics/2008/0..._closing_c.html

Meg

Oh! I thought it was FIONA Lewis!!

Call Mrs Fiona Lewis.

(Enter Chapman, in drag)

Fiona Lewis: I swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so anyway, I said to her, I said, they can't afford that on what he earns, I mean for a start the feathers get up your nose, I ask you, four and sixpence a pound, and him with a wooden leg, I don't know how she puts up with it after all the trouble she's had with her you-know-what, anyway, it *was* a white wedding, much to everyone's surprise, of course they bought everything on the hire purchase, I think they ought to send them back where they came from, I mean you've got to be cruel to be kind, so Mrs Harris said, so she said she said she said, a dead crab she said she said? well her sister's gone to Rhodesia, what with her womb and all, and her youngest, fit as a filing cabinet, and the goldfish, the goldfish, they've got whooping-cough, they keep spitting water at the Bratbys, well they *do*, don't they, I mean, you *can't*, can you, I mean they're not even married or anything, they're not even *divorced*, and he's in the KGB if you ask me, he says he's a tree surgoen, but I don't like the sound of his liver, all that squeaking and banging every night till the small hours, well, his mother's been much better since she had her head off, don't you talk to me about bladders, I said...

What, just a little harmless levity! Oh you're no fun anymore! :lol:

Beijing Olympics Closing Ceremony

The closing ceremony of Beijing Olympics 2008 will be conducted at the Beijing National Stadium on 24th August, 2008. Zhang Yimou, the talented filmmaker of China will direct the Beijing Olympics Closing Ceremony. Zhang Yimou along with his team of artists will cater to all the spectators with their creative and mind-blowing performances. His team of artists includes Chen Weiya, Chen Qigang, Yu Jianping, Zhang Jigang, Cai Guoqiang and other talents.

The Beijing Organizing Committee of the 112th Olympiad made a right choice by selecting Zhang Yimo, the artistic talent, for the ceremonies. Seeing Zhang Jigang, an internationally acclaimed choreographer, working for the direction of the 2008 Beijing Olympic ceremonies is a delight for all.

Like the opening ceremony, the closing ceremony of Beijing Olympics 2008 on 24th August will be a memorable event for all the viewers. You will see several dancing dragons and fantastic fireworks. These programs will be guided by the chief special effect designer and a professional firework, Cai Guoqiang. He will be in charge of taking care of all the special effects that will be provided for the closing ceremony. Yu Jianping will be in-charge of the technical part whereas Chen Qigang will be the music director for both the ceremonies.

So what does Zhang Yimou and his team have to do with London's 2012 preview?

I know the Chinese are very protective of "their" games but this has nothing to do with China, rather England.

Perhaps Jimmy doesn't tell everyone, anything or anyone, everything?

Just like with the Foo's at Wembley and Ahmet's reunion show (to which I recall some people saying about both situations, it'll never happen!), we'll just have to wait and see.

Cheers.

I wrote a lengthy reply to the idea that Robert might be jealous of the opportunity to appear in this dubious event--but then thought, nah--that ^^ says it right there! ;)

(However, I'm certainly with those who are hoping that it might turn out to be--well, better than the concept sounds. Also, that Jimmy wears a scarf. B) )

:lol: At least it will now be a reasonably dignified event, if not musically the most gratifying. And a scarf would be v. cool.

Archived