• Out On The Tiles
    • Gallows Pole
    • Tangerine
    • That's The Way
    • Bron-Y-Aur Stomp
    • Hats Off To (Roy) Harper

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bron-Y-Aur Stomp with Gallows Pole a close second. The guitar playing on Bron-Y-Aur Stomp is just absolutely brilliant and it's one of my life ambitions to be able to play it!

Not sure why "Hats off.." was included on the album as they had other better material at that time. For me one of Led Zeppelin's worst tracks on an otherwise great album.

• 4 months later...

If we're talking about the songs in general then SIBLY live Orlando 8/31/71 is a must listen! It's similar to the studio and BCC but with extra loud (non squeaking) drums and loud guitar and Plant was on fire! JPJ was great which goes without saying. But if we're talking about just the album III, Gallows Pole was absolutely flawless! Usually studio Zep tunes dont do much for me after hearing louder energetic live versions, but It gives me the same rush as WLL does studio! Then again it was never recorded very well live, wish it was performed on BCC Sessions.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't want to single one out... every song on [LZ 3] is relevant to me for some reason. I have listened to this for more than 25 years and naturally it has become

a part of my life... At first, I thought this album was just a novelty, too experimental, too strange but its beauty and sincerity started to dawn on me.

However, I can pick my least favorite one, [Hats Off to Roy Harper]. Never really liked Roy... never had a real chance to listen to him.

• 1 year later...

I don't think I can choose to be honest. I love the live version of "That's The Way", but I wouldn't say it's the best song on the studio version of the album. There's just a lot of really good songs on the album, some are really great live and even better than the studio versions, and it's really hard to choose.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This is one of the albums I consistently play start to finish, every song (including Hats) is fantastic. However, there is one song that exemplifies pure joy on this album and it is a deep cut. Out on the Tiles has always made me smile, always made me happy even in my darkest times. There are very few songs by anyone where the sheer joy just grabs you and this is one of them. Such a gem!

BTW, I am one of the few who likes Hats and is glad it is o the album instead of Hey, Hey, What can I Do. As much as I love HWCID, Hats is just so weird and overblown, its Bukka White on crack and because of that I really like it.

This is one of the albums I consistently play start to finish, every song (including Hats) is fantastic. However, there is one song that exemplifies pure joy on this album and it is a deep cut. Out on the Tiles has always made me smile, always made me happy even in my darkest times. There are very few songs by anyone where the sheer joy just grabs you and this is one of them. Such a gem!

BTW, I am one of the few who likes Hats and is glad it is o the album instead of Hey, Hey, What can I Do. As much as I love HWCID, Hats is just so weird and overblown, its Bukka White on crack and because of that I really like it.

I like Out on the Tiles too, mainly because of the chorus. The lead up verses always seemed a tad cluttered or uneven to me. A little rough around the edges. But a good song nonetheless.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived