Your dream Jimmy Page collaboration...

I agree with the Jimmy and Jeff suggestion. I have always wanted to hear what it would sound like, those two playing together. The Yardbirds era don't really reveal much, due to the fact that their styles were still developing. And the period of the ARMS shows, Jimmy was so out of it. I want to hear those two together today! They both love rockabilly, and it would be so cool to hear them do something in that style.

Jimmy needs people around him who are up and coming and who don't already have an expansive back catalog to service on a tour, otherwise you wind up with a Ringo All-Star Band situation.

Jimmy understands the ensemble element of Zeppelin but he's never really recreated it. I'm not sure he's even tried, really.

Jimmy needs people around him who are up and coming and who don't already have an expansive back catalog to service on a tour, otherwise you wind up with a Ringo All-Star Band situation.

Jimmy understands the ensemble element of Zeppelin but he's never really recreated it. I'm not sure he's even tried, really.

Words of wisdom, I'm with that.

No need to be logical since it's "dream collaboration", anything goes in your dreams.

Sorry if this topic has been asked before but I am kind of new to this forum. Jimmy has always been known to collaborate with other music artists. Who do you want to see him collaborate with? They can be singers or other guitar players.

I want to see Jimmy collaborating with these following singers and guitarists:

SINGERS: David Bowie, Anthony Kiedis (Chilli Peppers), James Labrie (Dream Theatre), Eddie Vedder, Sheryl Crow

GUITARISTS: Jack White, Eric Clapton (again), John Fogerty, Eddie Van Halen, Slash

I listed Sheryl Crow in the singers 'cause I know Sheryl is such a huge Led Zeppelin fan and I can always see her singing over Jimmy's guitar playing. We all know she covered "Dyer Maker" for the Encominum. Sheryl and Jimmy would be a killer collaboration!

Name your choices!

Kev

[/quote

Sherly Crowe?? That heartless bludsucking overated bitch? Get real dude! Plant or nobody!

I'd like to see Carlos Santana and Jimmy Page tour, performing as a dual-guitar line-up.

I don't really care what songs they play, just get a Hispanic/Anglo-Saxon vibe going on.

Promote the entire tour as a street festival to help build a bridge between two cultures.

dude...this has always been my dream joint...i think i've even read that carlos would love to do this, too...

Very nice suggestion, Pavoratti and Page would be an incredible collaboration, I never thought of that.

Since Pavoratti is no longer of this world, Vittorio is the best choice of tenors. He's young, he's hot, he can sing "pop" as beautifully as opera, he could hold his own with Page. He's second only to Robert Plant in my book -- can ya tell? :D And Pavoratti was in fact his mentor. If you like the tenor voice, check him out:

http://www.vittoriogrigolo.com/

Since Pavoratti is no longer of this world, Vittorio is the best choice of tenors. He's young, he's hot, he can sing "pop" as beautifully as opera, he could hold his own with Page. He's second only to Robert Plant in my book -- can ya tell? :D And Pavoratti was in fact his mentor. If you like the tenor voice, check him out:

http://www.vittoriogrigolo.com/

Hiya Angel,

How are you luv? Never listened to much Opera, maybe I will give it a go///

Rolls>> :wacko:

Archived