Plantations

mad dog

guys I totally love this thread as I looooove to hear Mr.Plant talking (actually sometimes that's even better than the actual music^^). I must admit that I do get most of his references as they are either connected to Football, Monty Python or the Black Country.

My favourite Plantation so far. May 24th 1975, Earl's Court:

"Well we were unable to play in Birmingham, and we couldn't play in Cardiff cause last time, Cardiff, does that ring a bell? Blight Cum Ree. ah Last time we played in Cardiff at the Locarno the equipment was set up and they wouldn't let us through the doors cause we didn't have a tie on. It was really, those were the days, and has it changed that much? Has Cardiff changed that much? But things do change and, and through the changes we meet a lot of friends. Some of them fall on their faces, and some of them are around to give us some strength when we're a little bit down. This song is really for our families, and friends amd the people who have been close to us through the lot. It's a song of love in it's most, in it's most innocent stages. It's called Tangerine."

simpy because it's insightful, honest and witty like the wickedly wonderful Mr.Plant himself.

Keep em coming guys!!

No, this line is much better from the following night, before the same song:

Plant: "Do you remember your first love, Bonzo?"

Bonzo: "No."

well it might be from the "being funny" point of view, but from the "being sincere and a normal human being" point of view which I appreciate more my Plantation certainly is the better one..anyway it holds a special place in my heart for several reasons :wub:

• 4 months later...

My new updated YouTube channel dedicated solely to Robert Plant's Plantations. :peace:

http://www.youtube.c...up?feature=mhee

30m68fk.jpg

OMG! Roxie! That is you??! Wow! Just wow! :notworthy: Subbed!!!! :D

On YT, I have the same name as on the forums, without the underscores. So, it is just KiwiZepFan87.

Cheers for coming up with such a cool idea for a YT channel! B)

I had no idea that Jimmy was doing that. Some people can handle the lion when he's out of his cage.

If you ever get a chance, listen to How the West Was Won, then listen to the complete show from June 25, 1972 at the LA Forum, and you will see how much was cut out.

"The man who said he could go back to a building site at any time, and we all agreed."

"The Rhinestone cowgirl... Come on Bonzo, get on with it! That's what the Quaalude stagger is."

"A Man, who many people once said.. never heard of him."

All from the Over The Top/Moby Dick intro from the 21/6/77. Always love listening to that,

I remember coming across that on youtube but cannot find it since

I remember coming across that on youtube but cannot find it since

Here's Robert's complete introduction of Bonzo from 6.21.77:

"The man who fought against the elements. The man who fought food poisoning. The man who drinks Heineken. The man who doesn’t get out of bed. The man who hasn’t got a cymbal. The man who’s having a chat with his man who knows the man who tunes Jimmy’s guitar who comes from Scotland, and doesn’t know the man they call Tim...but does know Audrey from Dallas. Thank you. The man who now learns how to construct his own drum kit. The man who’s not very professional. The man who said he could go back to a building site anytime...and we all agreed. The man who’s holding up the show. The rhinestone cowgirl. Come on Bonzo, get on with it. That’s what the Quaalude stagger is. The man who played the Los Angeles Aztecs and beat them 10-1 by himself. The man who one wonders is he worth waiting for, and doesn’t really realize there’s a curfew here. A childhood friend. A man who many people once said, 'Never heard of him'. John Bonham, Over the Top-top-top-top...”

Me, too! Excellent idea for a channel...and a thread! Hate it when Jimmy edits the Plantations out of shows.

OMG! Roxie! That is you??! Wow! Just wow! :notworthy: Subbed!!!! :D

Cheers for coming up with such a cool idea for a YT channel! B)

Thanks to you both as well! Luckily there's so many great Plantations out there, that I don't think I'll ever run out of material! :lol:

Hi Roxie!

I had no idea that was you...no wonder when I posted a few pages back, you said ..or She..as I had no idea it was you!!! I agree with those above^^great idea:-)

:peace:

Haha! Yes, I like to remain stealthy... for the most part! ;) I had to do something with this Plant fascination of mine. ^_^

^^LOL!!!, I love all four of them, but as SAJ once joked that I would check into a hotel and at registration they would ask me how many guest in the room ..and it would be me and a picture of Robert, so it would be two :P ..I mean I am female and I am only human :veryhot:

Here's Robert's complete introduction of Bonzo from 6.21.77:

"The man who fought against the elements. The man who fought food poisoning. The man who drinks Heineken. The man who doesn't get out of bed. The man who hasn't got a cymbal. The man who's having a chat with his man who knows the man who tunes Jimmy's guitar who comes from Scotland, and doesn't know the man they call Tim...but does know Audrey from Dallas. Thank you. The man who now learns how to construct his own drum kit. The man who's not very professional. The man who said he could go back to a building site anytime...and we all agreed. The man who's holding up the show. The rhinestone cowgirl. Come on Bonzo, get on with it. That's what the Quaalude stagger is. The man who played the Los Angeles Aztecs and beat them 10-1 by himself. The man who one wonders is he worth waiting for, and doesn't really realize there's a curfew here. A childhood friend. A man who many people once said, 'Never heard of him'. John Bonham, Over the Top-top-top-top..."

hee hee, cheers mate!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I've done some updating to my PLANTATIONS YouTube Channel and also added new Facebook & Twitter pages.

Please join and follow for many many many Robert Plant's plantations, funny photos and more!!

Archived