Finding Led Zeppelin in unrelated places

marmorek

Several years ago there was a cable TV series either on HBO or Showtime called "Going To California". It was about a few guys in their twenties on a road trip and living it up on the way. Having fun, getting into trouble etc. I think it only ran for one year.

on the TV series Supernatural some episodes were named after Led Zeppelin songs like "in my time of dying" and "what is and what should never be" and one of the characters is a big fan of Zeppelin and constantly saying "Led Zeppelin rulez"!

in one episode this character and his brother pretended to be detectives called Page and Plant...

I LOVE this episode ! : LoL

633c71e26d02kv4.jpg

:lol:

couple of days ago my little sister was listening to the song "Return to innocnce" by Enigma and i discovered that the drum beat on this song is very similar to John's drumming on "When the levee breaks"..

so I did a bit of research and apperantly I was right the drum beat of the song was sampled from the Led Zeppelin song "When the Levee Breaks"...

Edited by Adi

Was watching Family Feud on the Game Show Network earlier this week and the question was, "When you think of Rock N Roll Icons, who do you think of?".

the answers were:

1) Beatles

2) Stones

3) KISS

4) Led Zeppelin

5) Metallica

R B)

Edited by reids

couple of days ago my little sister was listening to the song "Return to innocnce" by Enigma and i discovered that the drum beat on this song is very similar to John's drumming on "When the levee breaks"..

so I did a bit of research and apperantly I was right the drum beat of the song was sampled from the Led Zeppelin song "When the Levee Breaks"...

Listen closely to the latest commercial for Denny's restaurants.....

Check this out (I promise you'll not be rickrolled...)

http://www.rpi.co.th/psr/express%20wax.PDF

That company has been around for years. Forgot about that one. They always cleaned up!

Should we not count movies where Zeppelin songs are featured such as Almost Famous and Fast Times At Ridgemont High? Don't think we should include these. :unsure:

Edited by SuperDave

That company has been around for years. Forgot about that one. They always cleaned up!

Should we not count movies where Zeppelin songs are featured such as Almost Famous and Fast Times At Ridgemont High? Don't think we should include these. :unsure:

Small Soldiers features Communication Breakdown and there is a LZ poster in the kids bedroom.

We have a weekend television show called Wide World Of Sports.

I remember watching a montage of surfing video and Ramble On was played uninterupted in its entirety.

Colour tv had only recently commenced transmission and those images of massive wave riding in Australia, Bali, Hawaii, South Africa, Tahiti and the USA by the best surfers in the world of the day and the choice of theme by the world's best band was a perfect fit.

Led Zeppelin truly is the music of the world.

Edited by Reggie29