Finding Led Zeppelin in unrelated places

marmorek

Hard Quiz - a game show/comedy show on ABC (check iview) has 3 contestants who all nominate their "Expert subject" Last week a guy nominated Led Zeppelin. I am pleased to say I got almost every question - including a question the contestant got wrong! (Who sang Ramble On at the Kennedy Centre Honours - the guy said Lenny Kravitz, I LOL'd)
And the Led Zeppelin guy won that episode!!!! :)

Not sure if this was mentioned already, but the final episode of NetFlix "Mind Hunters" (an awesome series by the way)  features Zep's "In the Light".  My co-worker watched the show, heard the song and is a new convert to the Church of Zeppelin.

13 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

Not sure if this was mentioned already, but the final episode of NetFlix "Mind Hunters" (an awesome series by the way)  features Zep's "In the Light".  My co-worker watched the show, heard the song and is a new convert to the Church of Zeppelin.

A great show and pairing of a Zeppelin deep cut! Loved it! 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

Anyone watching HBO's "Sharp Objects"?  The lead character in the show plays snippets of Led Zeppelin songs throughout he first two episodes on her car stereo.  Songs from the first, second and ITTOD so far!

OMG... I was just going to post this same thing !!!

My wife watches this show and said, " you know, they play a lot of zeppelin in this"... so ofcourse I'll start watching it too.

http://www.ghostcultmag.com/hbo-new-sharp-objects-mini-series-led-zeppelin-steve-miller/

HBO’s new Southern Gothic psychological thriller and mini-series event Sharp Objects features an incredible, eclectic soundtrack featuring intense instrumentals, indie music artists, and rock legends like Led Zeppelinand Steve Miller. From Sylvian Esso and The Acid’s lucid ethereal obtuse sounds, to lead character Camille Preaker (played by Golden Globe winner Amy Adams) and her broken iPod Classic Zeppelin playlist on repeat of Led Zepplin II and Led Zeppelin III classics such as ‘I Can’t Quit You Baby’, ‘Thank You’, and ‘What Is And Should Never Be’ among others, the music has almost acted as an extra character in the show. Suspensful, incredibly filmed, well-written, and a great performance from Adams in the lead role, the show has been amazing so far in the two episodes that have aired. Check out this Spotify playlist for the show, hopefully, a portend of a release similar to other HBO shows like Game Of Thrones and Westworld.

On 7/16/2018 at 2:49 PM, Stryder1978 said:

Anyone watching HBO's "Sharp Objects"?  The lead character in the show plays snippets of Led Zeppelin songs throughout he first two episodes on her car stereo.  Songs from the first, second and ITTOD so far!

So I watched the first 2 episodes , can't wait for episode 3 on Sunday .

I was very impressed how they used the tunes and what tunes they used. Very well thought out.  I absolutely LOVED how they used the ITTOD tune. 

14 hours ago, zepscoda said:

So I watched the first 2 episodes , can't wait for episode 3 on Sunday .

I was very impressed how they used the tunes and what tunes they used. Very well thought out.  I absolutely LOVED how they used the ITTOD tune. 

Glad you like it...it reminds me of a female version of "True Detective" (Season 1). 

17 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

...I was watching it at work...damn work must have distracted me!

They do tend to use the same three songs over and over and I’m beginning to wonder if they offer some clue to the final outcome of the story. ICQY was only used in the first (so far) but TY, WIAWSNB and ITE have recurred throughout 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...