Finding Led Zeppelin in unrelated places

marmorek

A few days ago one of our patients' relatives (probably her son) looked so much like Jimmy I swear I stared a hole in poor guy. I had to use some self-restraint to avoid making him feel uncomfortable. Then again, I couldn't have been the 1st one to notice that :blink:

Yesterday we grilled some hot dogs, mine got burned so I announced absentmindedly: I've got a black dog... and of course my husband started singing that.

silly, I know... :D Usually it's the license plates that get me - anything with JP(J), LZ etc... oh, and about 3 miles west of my house my street changes name to Wahalla (yes, I know, the spelling is off by 2 letters, but it doesn't stop me from mumbling a certain line when we drive in that direction... :unsure: )

Hi, I'm brand spanking new to this forum, although I've been spying in on it for the last year! I have a 6 yr. old son that enjoys Zep too and also surfing the web. We where watching some Weird Al Yankovick videos on You Tube. One of our favorites is " Stuck at the Drive Thru." It's really funny and about 2/3rds into it the guy turns on the radio and it blasts out "Black Dog!" My son immediately pointed out the fact that it was a Led Zeppelin song. Kids are the coolest! Led Zep will long be a legend!

Hi, I'm brand spanking new to this forum, although I've been spying in on it for the last year! I have a 6 yr. old son that enjoys Zep too and also surfing the web. We where watching some Weird Al Yankovick videos on You Tube. One of our favorites is " Stuck at the Drive Thru." It's really funny and about 2/3rds into it the guy turns on the radio and it blasts out "Black Dog!" My son immediately pointed out the fact that it was a Led Zeppelin song. Kids are the coolest! Led Zep will long be a legend!

Hey!! Welcome to the forum... B)

On SportsCenter last night..they were going over one of the football games..I forget which one, but the offense messed up a passing play..and one said, "Robert and Jimmy aren't the only ones suffering from communication breakdown."

Edited by bigstickbonzo

I answered the phone one day & the person on the other end said "Hello, this is Jimmy Page..."

Of course I'm flipping out - until I figured out that he is the nephew of the lady we rent our house from. So now I tell all my friends that Jimmy Page was at my house & I'm not lying :D

I saw that Adam Sandler movie "Bedtime Stories" last night. If you've seen trailors, you know that whatever the kids say comes true. At one point, his nephew is talking about a magic cave & Adam Sandler says "And Led Zeppelin was there! Please say Led Zeppelin!"

My favorite part of the movie :D

Edited by ms_zeppelin94

I was shopping for a birthday present for my son who is attending a birthday party today. I saw the entire line of Thomas the Tank Engine toys. The one that jumped out at me was Percy! LMBO! Okay, not a direct LZ sighting, but it did make me laugh.

I answered the phone one day & the person on the other end said "Hello, this is Jimmy Page..."

Of course I'm flipping out - until I figured out that he is the nephew of the lady we rent our house from. So now I tell all my friends that Jimmy Page was at my house & I'm not lying :D

I saw that Adam Sandler movie "Bedtime Stories" last night. If you've seen trailors, you know that whatever the kids say comes true. At one point, his nephew is talking about a magic cave & Adam Sandler says "And Led Zeppelin was there! Please say Led Zeppelin!"

My favorite part of the movie :D

When Major League Baseball players come up to bat they have music playing that they usually have personally selected if they're at home. When Mike Piazza played for the Mets he'd on occassion have "The Rover" play and Chase Utley of the Phillies always has "Kashmir" played.

Does anyone know of other MLB players who use Zeppelin in this manner?

The director (I think...) of "Eagle Eye" last name is Crowley & Jim Page is the editor (or executive producer or something..)

Wow, you are very observant!

I was at a Von's chain grocery store in my neighborhood in California last week and parked next to an old, kind of dirty and dinged up little car. The car and windows where all decorated with white painted words, "Led Zeppelin," along with the group's symbols and other Zep stuff hanging from the rear view mirrow and on the dash. After coming out of the store, the car was still there, so I wrote a little note: "Led Zeppelin Rules!" and tucked it under their windshield wiper blade. I was just at the same grocery store tonight and saw the car again. Must belong to an employee.

I was watching an episode of Gilmour Girls last night and Lane's cousin was going on and on about how cool Lane's room was. Lane has been strickly forbidden for years to listen to rock music so she hides her CD's in the floorboards of her room.

Lane's cousin: I'd like to get into classic rock. What about Led Zeppelin? What's a good Zeppelin? 2 or 3? Three...that's Stairway to Heaven right?

Lane yelling angrily: FOUR. STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN IS FROM LED ZEPPELIN 4. IF YOU ARE GOING TO GET INTO CLASSIC ROCK, KNOW IT, DON'T BLOW IT!

I was flipping channels last night on tv and Stars on Ice was on NBC. I waited a second because the music they were playing sounded familiar....sure enough....I'm Gonna Crawl was the music that this male skater was skating too! They played the whole song and the guy did a good routine to the grand music of Led Zeppelin!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0656199/

Editor of many movies (as listed above for "Eagle Eye")

His name turns up a few more times on IMDB, too...

http://www.imdb.com/find?s=all&q=jimmy+page

JPJ's name listed (a few times as it is a common name, although we know his real name is John Baldwin)

http://www.imdb.com/find?s=all&q=john+paul+jones

http://www.imdb.com/find?s=all&q=john+baldwin

"Kashmir", was in the Ocean's 12 soundtrack, too...

R B)