Finding Led Zeppelin in unrelated places

marmorek

Hmm.. I'm a Met fan and I always heard Sweet Child O' Mine or Welcome to the Jungle when Piazza was up to the plate. (Since he was such a big Guns N' Roses fan)

He must have changed it some days though.

I know David Wright requested Whole Lotta Love for his at bats.

Piazza didn't use "The Rover" all of the time just once in a while. David Wright uses some kind of hip-hop song I'm not familiar with. I also heard he wanted to use "The Song Remains The Same" as well. I read these things on Metsblog.com, who's info is quite reputable and is associated with the Mets tv network, SNY.

Today I was watching Step Brothers and the one brother, Dale, has a prized drum set that he won't let anyone touch, and he angered his other step brother, played by Will Ferrell, So he threatens to place his sack on the drum set, so he runs upstairs, does it, and says "John Bonham is playing Moby Dick for real!"

Today I was watching Step Brothers and the one brother, Dale, has a prized drum set that he won't let anyone touch, and he angered his other step brother, played by Will Ferrell, So he threatens to place his sack on the drum set, so he runs upstairs, does it, and says "John Bonham is playing Moby Dick for real!"

That's funny! Good one.

Zeppelin music indeed in the White House. From Rolling Stone

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/255...ic_news_rssfeed

I read this a couple of days ago. Interesting how they keep moving the albums around to different part of the White House, depending who's president. Some have more interest in music than others. It also seems the inclusions of various albums have been improving too.

This one's a bit long, so bear with me... :coffee:

I have to do a report on someone in the Civil War, and while looking through a book of soldiers, generals, etc. I found men named William Edwin Baldwin and Milledge Luke Bonham. So I get a Worid Book and start looking for either of them. While looking for "Bonham", I find an entry that says "Bonhomme Richard". I know that "Bonhomme" isn't spelled the same, but beside it said "See Jones, John Paul". Flipping out was an understatement as I frantically looked for the "J" World Book. :run:

Come to find out that John Paul Jones was a Naval officer in the Revolutionary War and Bonhomme Richard was his ship. Even more ironically, John Paul Jones was also his alias.

Never know what you might find while doing a history project... :P

PS- I just learned that Milledge Bonham served under Capt. James Jones.

This just keeps getting better :D

Edited by ms_zeppelin94

I was watching the show "Life On Mars" for only the second time. The show is about a cop who gets in an accident and ends up back in time in 1973 (I think). This episode was about a groupie who was sleeping with a frontman for this band (forgot the name) who went missing. Another groupie was mentioning to the police she suspected a roadie or guitar/lighting tech of killing her as he was in love with her and couldn't stand watching her sleep with all these members of different bands. She said he couldn't listen to any of her ex lovers albums any more and he had to throw them out (Black Sabbath, Cream, and I can't remember the rest). But she mentioned he may of killed her because Led Zeppelin were coming to town next week (indicating she would be sleeping with the band members and that Led Zep were his fav)

The show has an interesting concept. So far both episodes were good.

Edited by timothy5151

I was watching the show "Life On Mars" for only the second time. The show is about a cop who gets in an accident and ends up back in time in 1973 (I think). This episode was about a groupie who was sleeping with a frontman for this band (forgot the name) who went missing. Another groupie was mentioning to the police she suspected a roadie or guitar/lighting tech of killing her as he was in love with her and couldn't stand watching her sleep with all these members of different bands. She said he couldn't listen to any of her ex lovers albums any more and he had to throw them out (Black Sabbath, Cream, and I can't remember the rest). But she mentioned he may of killed her because Led Zeppelin were coming to town next week (indicating she would be sleeping with the band members and that Led Zep were his fav)

Haha!! Caught that last night, too. Love that show... :D

Two members of my immediate family have at some point run into Jimmy. One day my pop, a traveling salesman askes me "Son, have you ever heard of a fellow named Jimmy Page?"

"Uhh yes, Dad. Why?"

"Well He is a nice guy; I met him in the Delta Crown Room at the Atlanta Airport. I told him you played the guitar too. He's a scotch drinker." (In my father's lexicon, this identifies him as a personality type)

Apparently Jimmy was drinking Chivas.

As surreal as that is, what is even more bizaare and more in keeping with the title of this thread was my brother's chance meeting with Page. Imagine the most Non-Page place on the planet. That's right, my brother met our man Jimmy at. . . . wait for it. . . . Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida.

Jimmy was VIP-ing, no waiting, front of the line-ing. My brother recognized him, and Jimmy was nice enough to have a picture with my brother.

He did not have on a mouse ear hat.

What a strange place the world is.

On the t.v. show Jeopardy, tonight, one of the questions was (don't remember exactly), regarding Jimmy Page starting up what foursome after The Yardbirds? Aaaaaahhhhhhh.......duh!

I saw that too. On the Canadian student game show Reach for the Top, they once had a full category for Led Zeppelin (I was playing at the time).

Two members of my immediate family have at some point run into Jimmy. One day my pop, a traveling salesman askes me "Son, have you ever heard of a fellow named Jimmy Page?"

"Uhh yes, Dad. Why?"

"Well He is a nice guy; I met him in the Delta Crown Room at the Atlanta Airport. I told him you played the guitar too. He's a scotch drinker." (In my father's lexicon, this identifies him as a personality type)

As surreal as that is, what is even more bizaare and more in keeping with the title of this thread was my brother's chance meeting with Page. Imagine the most Non-Page place on the planet. That's right, my brother met our man Jimmy at. . . . wait for it. . . . Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida.

Jimmy was VIP-ing, no waiting, front of the line-ing. My brother recognized him, and Jimmy was nice enough to have a picture with my brother.

That's pretty cool, Chap!

Do you know what year that these chance meetings occurred?

Can you post your brother's picture?

I also noticed that the hotel that they said the fictional band was staying in was the Drake Hotel.

"Uhh yes, Dad. Why?"

Could you also tell me what park in Disney World your brother met Jimmy and what line was he on. Was it one of the rides and attractions or something else?