Finding Led Zeppelin in unrelated places

marmorek

music in "Death Wish 4" I think was done by Jimmy !

I didn't even know there was a Death Wish 4...I've watched 1-3 numerous times...

Anyway-Heres my story:

We were at a Japanese resturant for my cuz Birthday. I'm a vegetarian, so I automatically look for the vegetable plate. Underneath the entry in the menu, it said 'With Red Snapper' and had a higher price. I grinned to myself but didn't say anything at first. But when my mom asked me what I wanted, I couldn't resist.

"I think I'll have red snapper."

At first she didn't get it, I (normally say something stupid when she asks what I want, I get bored of just saying "vegetables" all the time). But then it began to register. She cracked up. Well, then my uncle wanted to know what she was laughing about, so she told him right there in the middle of the restruant. I was about to die.

Reading the book "Stevie Ra Vaughan - Caught in the Crossfire". Here's an exerpt referring to Stevie's older brother and idol, Jimmie:

"Jimmie's greatest contribution was putting the guitar back in its rightful place as an ensemble piece, a discovery that would still reverberate in music circles twenty years later. The average pimple-pocked American male teenager still believed that Jimmy Page and Eric Clapton invented the blues. It was time to educate them that the guitar was more than a big dick in the hand of an Englishman with a shag haircut."

:blink:

I got another...

I was watching the movie Religulous last night and there was a scene where Bill Maher interviews someone who talks about the Koran. His cell phone rings in the middle of the interview; the ringtone was "Kashmir."

Edited by Zepulon

I got another...

I was watching the movie Religulous last night and there was a scene where Bill Maher interviews someone who talks about the Koran. His cell phone rings in the middle of the interview; the ringtone was "Kashmir."

that's pretty cool. my boyfriend and i both have kashmir as our ringtones too.

Interesting story here:

http://www.bloggernews.net/120117

Dunno about the "unrelated" part, however.

:unsure:

"I owned LEDZEPPELIN.com for about 5-6 years. Led Zeppelin then and now is my band.

"Ultimately I gave up (the domain name) without a fight, but I’m sure the bands lawyers billed them for the 1 inch thick book of a lawsuit I was served with.

"Sorry dudes. My bad.

"In this case the lawyers saw an opportunity to build a case against me, a fan that would have been happy with a stupid guitar pick from Jimmy. Instead I sat in silence for a year while they built a huge case as to why they should own the domain. When served, I freaked and called them yelling to take it, I never wanted that.

One of few regrets. But I have a nice 1 inch thick book about me and the band and why I’m an idiot."

:D :D

^ ^ ^

Funny post. that one, about the person ownin g the ledzeppelin.com.

Anyways, one of my guilty pleasures is watching American Idol (YES, I KNOW!! LOL!! :)O I can hear all the collective gasps... ;) ). ANYWAYS...tonight there were not one but TWO Led Zeppelin references!! ABout fell off my chair. Randy Jackson mentioned Dazed and Confused after one person's preformance Imeaning that one of the judges was dazed and confused after it), and paula Abdul mentioned that the sound of the song's arrangement reminded her of "Led Zeppelin's Kashmir". Hmmm...American Idol/Led Zeppelin references...now THAT'S unexpected!!! LOL!! :)

Sharon

^ ^ ^

Anyways, one of my guilty pleasures is watching American Idol (YES, I KNOW!! LOL!! :)O I can hear all the collective gasps... ;) ). ANYWAYS...tonight there were not one but TWO Led Zeppelin references!! ABout fell off my chair. Randy Jackson mentioned Dazed and Confused after one person's preformance Imeaning that one of the judges was dazed and confused after it), and paula Abdul mentioned that the sound of the song's arrangement reminded her of "Led Zeppelin's Kashmir". Hmmm...American Idol/Led Zeppelin references...now THAT'S unexpected!!! LOL!! :)

Sharon

Omg I saw those, technically heard those :D

...I dont know if it really sounded like Kashmir, wasnt really paying attention, I dont like Adam Lambert :/

Edited by theycallmethehunter

Omg I saw those, technically heard those :D

...I dont know if it really sounded like Kashmir, wasnt really paying attention, I dont like Adam Lambert :/

No, it didn't really sound like Kashmir, but Paula was only saying that beacuase of the Middle Eastern sound, moreso than her really thinking it was Kashmir II, or anything. :) (And I agree- I am on the fence about Adam...but strangely enough I liked last night's performance! :) ).

Sharon

^ ^ ^

Sharon

i saw that, too (guilty for watching AI as well). it made me think how sick i would feel if a Zep song was performed on the show. there is no way JP, RP or JPJ would allow that, right? and i really dont like that adam lambert....but he does have amazing vocal range.

^ ^ ^

Sharon

I was watching 'America's Got Talent' over the summer, and my favorite act was Nuthin But Strings (twins on violins playing hip-hop; really pretty interesting). After one of their performances, David 'Don't hastle the Hoff' said "Man! You're like Led Zeppeln on violins!" I turned to my mom & said "He's so stupid! Led Zeppelin was on violins - Kashmir, hello!" :slapface:

i saw that, too (guilty for watching AI as well). it made me think how sick i would feel if a Zep song was performed on the show. there is no way JP, RP or JPJ would allow that, right? and i really dont like that adam lambert....but he does have amazing vocal range.

OMG!!!!! You're right!! I have never even THOUGHT of that.... Imagine a whole Zep night (like how they did Michael Jackson the other week). OMG, that would be horrible!!! Obivously I love Zep, and have admitted to being a closet Idol addict, too..but the two should NEVER MEET!!!!!!!!!!! LOL! :)

Sharon

OMG!!!!! You're right!! I have never even THOUGHT of that.... Imagine a whole Zep night (like how they did Michael Jackson the other week). OMG, that would be horrible!!! Obivously I love Zep, and have admitted to being a closet Idol addict, too..but the two should NEVER MEET!!!!!!!!!!! LOL! :)

Sharon

yes, Idol is a guilty pleasure, right? and, NOOOOOOO, THEY SHOULD NEVER MEET!!!!!! i am wincing at the thought of it.....it cannot be allowed

yes, Idol is a guilty pleasure, right? and, NOOOOOOO, THEY SHOULD NEVER MEET!!!!!! i am wincing at the thought of it.....it cannot be allowed

It's quite possible it may eventually happen as a number of major artists such as Elvis, The Beatles, Michael Jackson and the Rolling Stones have had AI shows. Who knows? Although, I would like to see Adam do a Zeppelin song. He might do it justice. He's the only one on the show who could handle it and possibly turn in a good version.

My wife just called me from a public atrium near Trump Tower in New York City (she was on lunch break) to tell me there was a high school marching band performing and they were in the middle of playing "Stairway to Heaven"! She held the phone up- sounded decently good (for a marching band version of the song anyway...).

So it's not Zeppelin themselves, but still, it's pretty funny and definitely an unrelated place (certainly an unexpected one).

Edited by TonyV

It's quite possible it may eventually happen as a number of major artists such as Elvis, The Beatles, Michael Jackson and the Rolling Stones have had AI shows. Who knows? Although, I would like to see Adam do a Zeppelin song. He might do it justice. He's the only one on the show who could handle it and possibly turn in a good version.

Oh, geez, I never thought about it that way (i.e. all those other artists opening up their songbooks for AI). Although I don't remember which season the Stones one was on??

Well, here's hoping it will NEVER happen to Zep. Altho you are right--it could really be kind of interesting to see what Adam would do/what song he would pick. I am sure he would be theatrical to the hilt with a Zep tune (like he is every week, only probably moreso!!).

Sharon

Oh, geez, I never thought about it that way (i.e. all those other artists opening up their songbooks for AI). Although I don't remember which season the Stones one was on??

Well, here's hoping it will NEVER happen to Zep. Altho you are right--it could really be kind of interesting to see what Adam would do/what song he would pick. I am sure he would be theatrical to the hilt with a Zep tune (like he is every week, only probably moreso!!).

Sharon

Adam is the only one on AI I'd like to see cover Zeppelin. Perhaps, SIBLY would be a good one to do. The vocals in the song have a lot of range and this would allow Adam to show it. The other contestants...well forget it! None of them are worthy of being allowed the honor to try.