Another question for those who attended.

I did not go to the show, but yeah i agree with the guitar sound. I love -page's elements in this song, but i wonder about a section of -page soloing over this song in a section, could be very interesting. Then again, why break it up....that riff and beat is meant to go on and on.

Standing in the front row , directly straight on with JP's pedal board was not the place to be for analyzing the sound from the entire performance.

To be honest , I've yet to hear any audio or video sources that completely recreate THAT sound.

JP's amplifier's had a tone and feel that can't be defined by words. With each song having it's own personality. Hypnotizing comes to mind.

For audio preference I would choose Jules M's taped version.

It reminds me most of the actual sound from our position.

The one point that I found amazing about that night's Kashmir is the octaver pedal /sound that he used . A very interesting addition and something I hope he expands on in the future.

Kashmir was definitely epic.

Standing in the front row , directly straight on with JP's pedal board was not the place to be for analyzing the sound from the entire performance.

To be honest , I've yet to hear any audio or video sources that completely recreate THAT sound.

JP's amplifier's had a tone and feel that can't be defined by words. With each song having it's own personality. Hypnotizing comes to mind.

For audio preference I would choose Jules M's taped version.

It reminds me most of the actual sound from our position.

The one point that I found amazing about that night's Kashmir is the octaver pedal /sound that he used . A very interesting addition and something I hope he expands on in the future.

Kashmir was definitely epic.

cool...

i just listened to a live version of -robert plants -slow dancer and to hear robbie blunts soloing segments over that tune makes me think page could do some very interesting guitar over -kashmir. i'm imagining some stretched out/white summer guitar, or sonic bowed guitar segments. i know they are arranged differently, yet they are similar songs...just think a solo over that song would be so dynamic. or maybe i'm totally wrong, not a musician.

^^^great hearing that -kashmir07 sounded so great live though.

It was definitely the song of the night for me, between the visuals and just the epic nature of it. All the different boots have problems, as all boots do I suppose. I was 50 to 60 feet back from the stage- just to the right, on the floor. Some songs I couldn't hear Page too well, there was a mountain of bass at times, at certain moments in Kashmir it got that way a little, but overall it sounded great! And not because I was living a total dream, it was just that good.

What?

It's never about just one place. It's another level to Kashmir.

ok, consider this

Crowley performs rituals based on ancient hebrew texts

Jimmy becomes interested in these activities

Jimmy is my greatest influence in my youth

England and Scotland are both rather profoundly heavy into many ancient but lost rituals

In the decade these boys were born, millions and millions of people were slaughtered with no reason other than to serve lust for power and the nazi's attempt to unlock the ancient secrets.

Almost my entire family on both sides were murdered....

Sooner or later, there are deeper levels to the stories that are going to start showing themsleves

I don't know how to explain it all. I knew about Jimmy wanting to cure cancer before I ever heard about it, in fact... I was looking for him because of it. Then I heard about it.

Anyhow, just bringing it on home. It's a Shebrew/Hebrew story.

Religion tends to stink, but spirituality is alive, dynamic and mighty powerful and transcends time and space cases, lol.

It's never about just one place. It's another level to Kashmir.

ok, consider this

Crowley performs rituals based on ancient hebrew texts

Jimmy becomes interested in these activities

Jimmy is my greatest influence in my youth

England and Scotland are both rather profoundly heavy into many ancient but lost rituals

In the decade these boys were born, millions and millions of people were slaughtered with no reason other than to serve lust for power and the nazi's attempt to unlock the ancient secrets.

Almost my entire family on both sides were murdered....

Sooner or later, there are deeper levels to the stories that are going to start showing themsleves

I don't know how to explain it all. I knew about Jimmy wanting to cure cancer before I ever heard about it, in fact... I was looking for him because of it. Then I heard about it.

Anyhow, just bringing it on home. It's a Shebrew/Hebrew story.

Religion tends to stink, but spirituality is alive, dynamic and mighty powerful and transcends time and space cases, lol.

where u going?

My impression from pretty much the middle of the arena floor, once the sound got settled from being muddy through GTBT, was of a well balanced mix. Impressive, where the engineer(s) had only one shot at it with the crowd in the room.

Where keys needed to be well up like MMH and Kashmir, they cut through. Guitar sounded nice and angry when needed.

Can't compare, having never seen Led Zep live before but having seen oodles of bands and evolving sound reinforcement over the last 35 years, with the effort being put into this show, I'd be surprised if it wasn't the best quality live sound they'd ever had.

My impression from pretty much the middle of the arena floor, once the sound got settled from being muddy through GTBT, was of a well balanced mix. Impressive, where the engineer(s) had only one shot at it with the crowd in the room.

Yes GBGT was muddy but at that point the cheers were so loud and I was in shock reaslly that it was ok for it to be muddy, I thought For your Life really cut through nice and clear !!

I'm thinking my comments on -page doing anything extra on this song were stupid. it is the best example of -page giving -led zeppelin a riff and the band just taking off with it and the whole less is more with music is the example here.

-page/plant did have the restructuring of this with the violin solo and spectacular ending, so i guess thats as far they could go with changes to this song.

i guess i was thinking of the posibility of -page,jones and jason playing and possibly touring. they could definatley play this song without singing and have people very happy listening.

I'm thinking my comments on -page doing anything extra on this song were stupid. it is the best example of -page giving -led zeppelin a riff and the band just taking off with it and the whole less is more with music is the example here.

-page/plant did have the restructuring of this with the violin solo and spectacular ending, so i guess thats as far they could go with changes to this song.

i guess i was thinking of the posibility of -page,jones and jason playing and possibly touring. they could definatley play this song without singing and have people very happy listening.

Yes the P/P version was a great reworking extension of the song, but to hear it played in its original form was evn better. I think people can change extend music to create a different feel to it, but some songs just do not need altering and Kashmir I think s one of them...in saying that I wish Pagey would play a solo sometimes live on it, I think the outo keyboards is a harmonic minor run, to hear Pagey adlib on that would be cool, but thats being to picky.

I absolutely loved the P/P version of Kashmir. They took an amazing song and altered it to be shaped for Eastern music. Brilliant.

that song would probably sound great in any style of music. except rap, of course.

Did you say crap or rap :D:rolleyes: ..thing is though the rap version Jimmy and P daddy did i thought was cool !!

Yes the P/P version was a great reworking extension of the song, but to hear it played in its original form was evn better. I think people can change extend music to create a different feel to it, but some songs just do not need altering and Kashmir I think s one of them...in saying that I wish Pagey would play a solo sometimes live on it, I think the outo keyboards is a harmonic minor run, to hear Pagey adlib on that would be cool, but thats being to picky.

Yeah i hear ya. i just got a copy of a live recording from -plant 85 and listening to robbie blunt soloing in sections of -slow dancer sounded so good, so i had just been imagining what page could have done over jones and bonham playing the riff. yeah, -kashmir is just that huge riff and whole song structured around that. with jones' arrangement and bonham and plants lyrics and singing...the 07 version just is stellar and makes the song shine so bright. how can one not have sonic visions listening to led zeppelin though. ofcourse they could re-record some of their stuff and add some really interesting things.

yeah, the reworking of the page/plant -kashmir is great, so thats a nice alternate version to listen to.

Yeah i hear ya. i just got a copy of a live recording from -plant 85 and listening to robbie blunt soloing in sections of -slow dancer sounded so good, so i had just been imagining what page could have done over jones and bonham playing the riff. yeah, -kashmir is just that huge riff and whole song structured around that. with jones' arrangement and bonham and plants lyrics and singing...the 07 version just is stellar and makes the song shine so bright. how can one not have sonic visions listening to led zeppelin though. ofcourse they could re-record some of their stuff and add some really interesting things.

yeah, the reworking of the page/plant -kashmir is great, so thats a nice alternate version to listen to.

Yes Robbie did play Slow Dancer well, great track in the eastern tradition.Its funny as I worked out in the Middle east a good few years ago and when I played them Kashmir, to them it didn't sound very eastern but to us it does in the confines of western music/scales/harmony etc.

Yes Robbie did play Slow Dancer well, great track in the eastern tradition.Its funny as I worked out in the Middle east a good few years ago and when I played them Kashmir, to them it didn't sound very eastern but to us it does in the confines of western music/scales/harmony etc.

Wow. maybe they interpreted it as a rock song cause of the sound of it. i think thats cool though, cause its -led zeppelin's hybrid take on alot of music, or something that just sounds like them.

Wow. maybe they interpreted it as a rock song cause of the sound of it. i think thats cool though, cause its -led zeppelin's hybrid take on alot of music, or something that just sounds like them.

Yes well Zeps stuff was a mix/hybrid of many styles as you say ,thats why they sounded as they did, although they came from a blues based background they managed to create something unique and original, thats the magic of Zeppelin :)

Archived