New singer for Jimmy, JPJ and Jason?

MHD

I just hope that whomever they decide to use as their new singer doesn't look like Robert. They should go the Journey route and get someone who looks completely different than the original singer, but still sounds cool.

I dont care if Page calls the new band the yardbirds, the new yardbirds, the new led zeppelin or the mighty led zeppelin AND I think it is great that they are gearing up for a last go at it, while they can, memories may last forever but our bodies dont, if they are going to do it, reality is it is now or never for a grand scale massive tour and the white hot spotlight and giant crowds and the new younger fans

who cares who the singer is, the aura of the sound will be there with the mighty thunder and wild outlandish heady guitar that no semblance of a rock band short of the white stripes even tries to put out there nowadays

Let BOB enjoy his later years as he wishes, tour without him and if he pops in a for a gig at some huge festival, record it and sell the dvd, then bring the kid out again for the rest of the tour

I am glad to see JPJ back in the saddle- he was the missing link in the page/plant reunions- and jason seems to have his shiite together enough to pull it off

happy days

Ok. This whole Jason/Florida/Bea Arthur thing has me cracking up.

Thanks for the chuckle guys.

I can't help but think that JP, JPJ and JB have been in studio rehearsing (cutting a new album?!) and that RP will join up with them later.

I can't imagine a Robertless Led Zeppelin.

I can accept JP, JPJ and JB with a new singer but calling themselves LZ would be very odd to me.

I hope it is not David Grohl.

I would very much like to see the three J's move forward. Whatever they do, I stand behind them.

There is more chance of it being Leona Lewis than Dave Grohl.

I am not familiar with her work, just from what I seen her do at the Olympics. I thought she had a really nice voice and since I have no preconceived notions about her, she could be the right person for the job. :)

The more I think about this, the more I am in favor of JP just getting out there and putting his talents to good use. I'd like to see more of JPJ as well.

They could call themselves the vegetables as far as I am concerned.

The naysayers can just get in the back of the line for concert tickets. B)

Interesting news. If Robert is not involved, then I really do think they should avoid using the name "Zeppelin". I mean....that's two members gone. It'd be ridiculous. However, new material from JP and JPJ would be exciting:) So we can look forward to some of that.

The absolute worst thing they could ever do would be to hire any singer, and I repeat any, and try to pawn it off as Led Zeppelin. By that I mean go on tour and play and entire Zep set. Even if it's the "three J's" onstage it will come across as a cheesy ripoff. Package them with a reunited Journey and Styx and "Coming next summer to a theme park near you!"

Ridiculous.....and embarrassing I might add.

I can't see Jimmy even hint at "replacing" Robert personally. They couldn't replace Bonzo, so there definitely isn't a chance they could replace Robert.

No Plant = No Zep.

Having said that:

Assuming that Robert is not involved (and that certainly appears to be the case) then the best thing they could do, and I've said it on this board for months, is to hook up with a young (comparitively speaking) energetic guy like Grohl or Jack White, record some NEW material and go out and kick some serious butt....and throw in a Black Dog or Trampled Underfoot into the set for good measure. That IMO would be incredible.

I can see them doing the latter, but the concept of replacing Robert in a "new" Led Zep is silly to even suggest and you can rest assured they realize that as well.

If Percy won't do it, then a new band with Jack White could be amazing. That guy is so talented it's ridiculous.

I predicted they would be in the studio waiting for robert to show up and they would tour after. but... I could see robert maybe not seeing himself as a member of led something at this point.

for him it could be a part of his past. I do not care what happens so long as he keeps making his music and the other guys keep on as a band of something.

the vocals are the 1st to go for the classic rock bands. journey,boston,1 other I forget, all found new singers who sound like the old one on youtube

only david grohl would piss me off. he is all over rock radio now and I dont care for his stuff, so that would turn me fugg off. anything else I am cool with imho.

While I of course want to see Percy in Zep, along a new CD, DVD, and gigs, I was thinking about his hesitation the other day, and I realized that while Zep was a monumental period in his life, it's also true that he lost his son and his best friend while in Zep. Perhaps being in LZ brings all that anguish back, like re-opening an old wound. Remember his quote about the 02 show beforehand? He said "I'm bringing emotional condoms". The memories and pain may be too much for him, and that's certainly understandable.

There is more chance of it being Leona Lewis than Dave Grohl.

It sounds like your kidding. Would that be so wrong? I haven't heard anything else by her, but I've called her back for the 2nd audition in my mind. and she's occupying a style I don't usually like. thurs'n xception to every rule I guess.

Archived