Oh CANADA!

ZoSoDragon

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello and a Belated Happy New Year...

I have not written for awhile due to family cocncerns...I thought of all of you often..I'm glad to have time now to write again...

I heard Gordie Johnson (singer/guitar player/leader) when he had the band, GRADY....he had a female drummer....

Juliet

• 3 weeks later...

Hello and a Belated Happy New Year...

I have not written for awhile due to family cocncerns...I thought of all of you often..I'm glad to have time now to write again...

I heard Gordie Johnson (singer/guitar player/leader) when he had the band, GRADY....he had a female drummer....

Juliet

HI:

Somehow another page appears when I click on "write"..I did not intend for any advertising to be inserted in the word "write"..on my page it is underlined in red..I have no idea how that got there...sorry...the red lines now appear to have disappeared in the original post of Feb 19....now they have disappeared in the quote...oh...I need a holiday..I'm seeing things...HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND ALL....

Edited by Juliet

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I went out to put something in the post today for GeekFreek which I had forgotten about, and while I was standing in the bloody line, some kids were talking about the "Mail box", it really fucking annoyed me, because it was always called a "Post box" when i was growing up. I'm not happy with what is slowly happening to our culture

Edited by Charles J. White

• 2 weeks later...

Hello:

I heard a story on CBC and CTV about a radio station in Alberta (either in Calgary or Edmonton) that is cutting parts of songs. They have this notion/premise that it's too boring for the listener to hear the whole song. They are also shortening the song so they can get more songs on the radio. Canadian singer songwriter,Jann Arden, has been banned from this station because she opposes this type of programming.

Juliet

• 1 month later...

I've visited parts of eastern Canada -- Toronto and points east -- and it's a great place to visit and explore.

Canada is one of those countires that gets caught in the slipsteam of America and Europe and thus goes undiscovered in many cases, there is much more to this country besides Toronto (which is a great city by the way)

• 2 weeks later...

EAGLE ROCK ENTERTAINMENT TO RELEASE

THE JEFF HEALEY BAND
LIVE AT THE HORSESHOE TAVERN

~NORTH AMERICAN CD, DIGITAL AUDIO RELEASE~

~OCTOBER 7, 2014~

JeffHealeyBand-LiveAtTheHorseshoe.jpg

New York, NY (September 22, 2014)- On October 7, Eagle Rock Entertainment will release Live At The Horseshoe Tavern from the Jeff Healey Band on CD and Digital Audio [MSRP $13.98]

In December 1993, The Jeff Healey Band was completing their tour in support of the recently released Feel This album, which culminated in several nights at the legendary Horseshoe Tavern, in their hometown of Toronto. Embellished by two backup singers and keyboard player Washington Savage, The Jeff Healey Band delivered a homecoming barnburner, blazing with favorites like 'See The Light,' 'Roadhouse Blues,' and 'Baby's Lookin' Hot.' Nestled in-between the high-energy set list was a 3-song acoustic set, including 'That's What They Say,' 'You're Coming Home,' and 'Angel Eyes,' as well as stellar set-closing covers of 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps' and 'The Thrill Is Gone.' It was a well-rounded set, made all the more special by performing in their hometown.

Live At The Horseshoe Tavern is one of several classic Jeff Healey Band concerts that Eagle Rock has unveiled from the vaults, including Live From NYC (2013), Live At Grossman's (2011), Full Circle ' The Live Anthology (2011), and Live At Montreux (2005). The band was helmed by guitarist/vocalist Jeff Healey, who lost his sight at infancy. However, one can say that made his sense of sound that much stronger: a masterful musician with a unique style, he championed the lap pedal-steel style of blues guitar. His soulful vocals, instrumental dexterity, and ability to traverse genre styles won over blues and blues-rock fans the world over, until his untimely passing in 2008.

Live At The Horseshoe Tavern brilliantly captures the power of the Jeff Healey Band live.

Band Line-up:
Jeff Healey ' guitars & vocals
Joe Rockman ' bass & background vocals
Tom Stephen ' drums
Washington Savage - Keyboards
Mischke & Toucu ' Backing Vocals

Eagle Rock Entertainment
is the largest producer and distributor of music programming for DVD, Blu-Ray, TV, Audio and Digital Media in the world. Eagle works directly alongside talent to produce top quality, High Definition and 3D programs, both concerts and documentaries, including The Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, The Who, Queen, The Doors, Jeff Beck, U2, Peter Gabriel, Paul McCartney and Ozzy Osbourne. Eagle is a Grammy Award winning company and has received over 30 multi-platinum, over 50 platinum and over 90 gold discs, worldwide. Eagle Rock Entertainment has offices in London, New York, Toronto, Paris and Hamburg.

For more information regarding this and other Eagle Rock Entertainment releases, contact Carol Kaye at Carol@Kayosproductions.com. Follow us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/KayosProductionsInc.

Track Listing
1. Baby's Lookin' Hot
2. The House That Love Built
3. Blue Jean Blues
4. Confidence Man *
5. I Think I Love You Too Much
6. Lost In Your Eyes *
7. Heart Of An Angel
8. That's What They Say
9. You're Coming Home
10. Angel Eyes
11. Roadhouse Blues
12. See The Light
13. While My Guitar Gently Weeps
14. The Thrill Is Gone

*digital tracks only

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Breaking news in Ottawa, shootings at the capital building. Several gunmen and at least one has been killed. One Canadien soldier is dead that guards the Parliament. All over the major news stations

I have multiple friends and family who are in lock down in downtown Ottawa, this really hurts as Ottawa is one of the greatest cities to hang around in.