• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Figured I would give this a bump due to what's currently happening in Ottawa with the truckers. According to several stories from the AP: The city is literally under siege according to residents and the cops are doing nothing about it. Residents being beat up, assaulted, spit on, etc. The protesters even went to far as to storm a soup kitchen for Indigenous Peoples, demanding to be fed and when someone from the center tried to explain the place is for down and out Indigenous people, they beat him up. This is crazy as the local PD refuses to do anything yet is right quick to crack down when Indigenous Canadians protest. The RCMP really want to come in and clear out the protesters but the local PD refuses their help and Trudeau is staying on the sidelines.

This protest is a result of the mandate that all truckers who wish to cross from Canada to the US or vice versa be vaccinated. Though I am fully vaccinated, with the info which is coming out and has come out regarding transmission, I do believe at this point it should be a personal choice as long as you do not work in healthcare or with the elderly. So I believe these truckers may have a just issue, however their execution is horrible and if true, it seems this is less about a vaccine mandate and more about pissing off a liberal government with the townsfolk getting the brunt of their wrath.

To the Canadian Zeppers out there, is this true and accurate, or is this hyperbole and nonsense?

On 2/4/2022 at 2:01 PM, BobDobbs said:

Figured I would give this a bump due to what's currently happening in Ottawa with the truckers. According to several stories from the AP: The city is literally under siege according to residents and the cops are doing nothing about it. Residents being beat up, assaulted, spit on, etc. The protesters even went to far as to storm a soup kitchen for Indigenous Peoples, demanding to be fed and when someone from the center tried to explain the place is for down and out Indigenous people, they beat him up. This is crazy as the local PD refuses to do anything yet is right quick to crack down when Indigenous Canadians protest. The RCMP really want to come in and clear out the protesters but the local PD refuses their help and Trudeau is staying on the sidelines.

This protest is a result of the mandate that all truckers who wish to cross from Canada to the US or vice versa be vaccinated. Though I am fully vaccinated, with the info which is coming out and has come out regarding transmission, I do believe at this point it should be a personal choice as long as you do not work in healthcare or with the elderly. So I believe these truckers may have a just issue, however their execution is horrible and if true, it seems this is less about a vaccine mandate and more about pissing off a liberal government with the townsfolk getting the brunt of their wrath.

To the Canadian Zeppers out there, is this true and accurate, or is this hyperbole and nonsense?

I am surprised they are letting anyone through at the borders at all.  The pricks that they are   Fuck them and their Canadian funny money.  I am never going back.  After being hassled by the pricks at the border for a traffic ticket from 1981 that does not exist here any more. I have a perfect driving record, perfect credit,  and on and on, but if I go there with my passport I am willing to bet the bastards would pull my name and give me trouble.  They deserve all the headaches they get.  Let the mounties fix it. What say ye Canucks, EY?  Or is it EH?  That is all they ever say over in Ontario. AYE

On 2/5/2022 at 6:01 AM, BobDobbs said:

I'm not a Canadian,  but that is absolute B.S.

They are protesting against mandates  and pro freedom. 

44 minutes ago, slave to zep said:

I'm not a Canadian,  but that is absolute B.S.

They are protesting against mandates  and pro freedom. 

No, actually they are disruptive idiots. Ottawa is the capital of Canada but like Australia, all mandated are provincial, not federal. Trudeau and his cabinet, nor the govt. at large initiated a single mandate. These clowns are beating people up, harassing people, and the town does not want them there. Just imagine how much you would love the sound of their "freedom" as they constantly blow their air-horns 24-7, all through the night. Something tells me you might want to infringe on some of their "freedoms" by day three of their forced insomnia.

There is a proper way to protest and this is not it. You don't block traffic, you don't beat people up, you don't scream at innocent people trying to walk to work, and you don't keep the local population awake for days on end. It's no different then BLM or anyone else as such practices are just wrong under any context including looting. You want to protest, fine, but don't lay siege to an entire town in the process.

BTW I just want to mention I agree 100% all of these mandates should end (except with private business as business owners should have the freedom to do as they wish with their business as long as it is not directed toward a protected class). The vaccine prevents you from dying or getting very sick. Masks it turns out offer little protection. The vulnerable per statical data are the elderly, those with co-morbidity's, & the obese. We need to focus on protecting those groups and let everyone else alone. Don't want to get vaccinated? Fine, it won't affect me, not my issue nor problem. However, if you are un-vaccinated then damn right you should stay away from the old-folks home and the Golden Corral Buffet let you take out several old, and / or tubby folk due to transmission.

Your body, your choice. You decide to live unhealthy, that should be up to you though I also believe should you get severely ill from the COVID and are un-vaccinated, your insurance should not pay for your medical care, instead you should have to pay for that cost 100% out of pocket. That's fair right?