Little Feat

MS1

Feat don`t fail me.

I have a friend in Alabama who travels all over the Southeast with her husband to `Lil Feat concerts.

The equivalent of a Feat dead-head.

I even heard from her in Jamica where they trekked to Feat-jam and...*leaves to imagination*.

I like Boom Box Car from about 10 years ago.

I've got a ton of Feat bootlegs and most of the Lowell-era albums, but I have to admit that I really haven't checked out post-Lowell Feat. I'm a bit ashamed of that, since I hate people who take a similar attitude with Duane and the Brothers. And that fan-fest in Jamaica must have been righteous.

I'm a big Little Feat fan but am not so fond of their post Lowell-ouput. Quite a bit of it is really good but some of it sounds like the Doobie Brothers twice removed. I understand long time fan and supporter Jimmy Buffett is working with them on their next record.

I saw then live while in Seattle in july 4th 2001 !! I thought they were great ! I know this is post George but as not really knowing them to well I loved it. (One of their Drummers Richie Haywood played on Robert Plant's first 2 solo tours & Shakin'n'Stirred album back in 83 and 85). Fred Zeppelin were on the bill.

onstage

littlefeat.jpg

waiting for them to come on

seat22.jpg

• 1 month later...
I'm a big Little Feat fan but am not so fond of their post Lowell-ouput. Quite a bit of it is really good but some of it sounds like the Doobie Brothers twice removed. I understand long time fan and supporter Jimmy Buffett is working with them on their next record.

They're still a great band . When I first heard the new version I was pretty skeptical. Glad I gave them a chance. There's no replacing Lowell but they are still a great live act

I used to go to see a post-Lowell version in the 80s - also Paul Barrerre's band "Bluesbusters" who gigged a lot around LA - they had a great number "If The Phone Don't Ring (You Know It's Me)". I love Little Feat, they are such feel-good music. Surprisingly, Plant isn't a big fan.

I used to go to see a post-Lowell version in the 80s - also Paul Barrerre's band "Bluesbusters" who gigged a lot around LA - they had a great number "If The Phone Don't Ring (You Know It's Me)".

Since they're mutual fans I'm wondering if that's the Jimmy Buffett song If The Phone Doesn't Ring, It's Me from his Riddles in the Sand record?

I love Little Feat, they are such feel-good music. Surprisingly, Plant isn't a big fan.

Not that it isn't true but I find that hard to believe, especially since Plant had Ritchie Hayward play drums on Shaken n' Stirred.

Since they're mutual fans I'm wondering if that's the Jimmy Buffett song If The Phone Doesn't Ring, It's Me from his Riddles in the Sand record?

I have no idea - maybe I could find it somewhere to listen...........

Not that it isn't true but I find that hard to believe, especially since Plant had Ritchie Hayward play drums on Shaken n' Stirred.

Yeah it surprised me too, but I found it out quite recently. But I guess you don't have to love a band to appreciate their drummer.

I have no idea - maybe I could find it somewhere to listen...........

Yeah it surprised me too, but I found it out quite recently. But I guess you don't have to love a band to appreciate their drummer.

Tongue and Cheek... me thinks

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

LGwhfsFrs.jpg

Free download of a vintage Lowell George performance (featuring Linda Ronstadt) from WFHS FM in Bethesda, Maryland on March 19, 1974. Click on the image for more info and to download the tracks.

Interesting. Thanks for the link Jahfin.

I was playing a couple of Robert Palmer albums yesterday, and he does a good cover of "Sailing Shoes". Willin' is my favourite Little feat track.

Yes you're right. On the album "Sneakin' Sally Through The Alley" in fact....And Palmers Backing Band on said Album...non other than...Little Feat...

• 2 weeks later...

Lady in a turban, cocaine tree

Does a dance so rhythmically

She's cryin', and a singin' and having a time

and gee that cocaine tree look fine

You've got to put on your sailin shoes

Put on your sailing shoes

Everyone will start to cheer

When you put on your sailin' shoes

Archived