Ryan Adams

ledzep45

My favorite albums of his tend to change, but this one seems like a somewhat consistent list:

1. Heartbreaker

2. Gold

3. Cold Roses

4. Jacksonville City Nights

5. Love is Hell

6. Demolition

7. 29

8. Rock n Roll

9. Easy Tiger

Here's to hoping the new record is good.

Edit: By the way, I've heard a few tracks off his unreleased albums, and I'm pretty shocked that some of them didn't make the cut on the real albums. Like many seem to say, whenever that rumored boxset surfaces, it's gonna be killer.

By the way, I've heard a few tracks off his unreleased albums, and I'm pretty shocked that some of them didn't make the cut on the real albums. Like many seem to say, whenever that rumored boxset surfaces, it's gonna be killer.

I agree that it's very surprising that most of the tracks on the unreleased albums didn't make it on the official albums. I hope he does release the boxset, if he does he should include 'the suicide handbook', it's awesome, I'm listening to it at the moment. It's worth searching on the web for it. If you have a look, good luck :)

The new record came out yesterday but was leaked several weeks ago. I'm not all the way through it but like what I've heard so far. It doesn't seem to be nearly as adventurous (or uneven) as past efforts and seems more in line with the safeness of Easy Tiger.

As for the long awaited box set, I wouldn't hold my breath. It's been promised many times but has never been delivered. That's not to say it won't be released someday but it seems like every time it's announced that it's coming out, another announcement follows quickly saying it's been delayed (again). It was supposed to be out this year but Ryan was recently quoted as saying it wasn't the "right time". I don't think there's any way in hell he could have released all that he's recorded (not just solo but dating back to Whiskeytown and before, not to mention all of his many side projects) anyway since there's so much. Most of it is available to download online. The Answering Bell site does a very good job of tracking all of his many projects but it hasn't been updated in over a year.

I think Cardinology is out now. Has anyone listened to it? If so, post what you think of it. :D

Giving it my first listen right now.

Some good stuff but I think it will get better with each listen B) I'm looking forward to seeing them on the 10th :)

• 1 month later...
Extremely short notice but Ryan and the Cardinals are on Letterman tonight. A clip of Cobwebs from the new record is up on Dave's site

(sorry a bit of a late reply but...) Thanks. I watched is when you posted the link. It was awsome. B)

BTW did you enjoy the concert ledded1?

• 3 weeks later...

Ryan & the Cardinals just backed up Oasis at the Palace in the Detroit area. Only 6,800 people showed up in a 22,000 seat arena. Not really a comment on either band, as that's a decent bill these days, but I think the economy is definitely taking it's toll on the live rock industry, especially around here.

Poor Ryan? Really? I have to wonder just long you've been a fan. This is just more of his grade school dramatics.

I don't know much about him or his music. He played at the Arthur Lee Benefit I attended and he seemed a bit whiny - commenting on how this wasn't his sort of music (Love stuff). Can't remember what song he covered. Seemed a bit odd if he felt that way why he participated. Yo Le Tengo was there too and I don't think they cover Love but they were happy to be there and such.

I don't know much about him or his music. He played at the Arthur Lee Benefit I attended and he seemed a bit whiny - commenting on how this wasn't his sort of music (Love stuff). Can't remember what song he covered. Seemed a bit odd if he felt that way why he participated. Yo Le Tengo was there too and I don't think they cover Love but they were happy to be there and such.

A "bit whiny" is an understatement. I'm a fan and will continue to be but anyone that's followed Ryan's career any at all is well aware of his antics by now. This is merely the latest chapter. I'm just glad I got to see him with Whiskeytown and early on in his solo career before he slipped entirely into mediocrity.

A "bit whiny" is an understatement. I'm a fan and will continue to be but anyone that's followed Ryan's career any at all is well aware of his antics by now. This is merely the latest chapter. I'm just glad I got to see him with Whiskeytown and early on in his solo career before he slipped entirely into mediocrity.

Whiskeytown I just discovered and like them.

Hell Jahfin, I think he never have slipped into mediocrity, maybe a couple of songs here and there, but the word mediocrity is a bit harsh.

While consistent throughout, I think he's been coasting on his last couple of records. Whereas prior to that, his albums at least included some real standouts. His setlists as of late have also become extremely predictable with him and the Cardinals playing nearly an identical set night in and night out. Before the release of Easy Tiger his sets were wildly unpredictable and you never knew what you were going to get. That also had it's downside but I'll take that Ryan over the Ryan who's currently coasting.

Poor Ryan? Really? I have to wonder just long you've been a fan. This is just more of his grade school dramatics.

I havent been a fan for ages, 1 because of my age 2 because only got into his music 3/4 months ago. But i have read a bit about so yeh, your probably right.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DcuScKlXDbA

I havent been a fan for ages, 1 because of my age 2 because only got into his music 3/4 months ago. But i have read a bit about so yeh, your probably right.

These type of antics predate Ryan's career even with Whiskeytown. Of course, he's already removed the post from his blog and replaced it with an edited version. I'm sure the inevitable Cardinals "reunion" tour is already in the planning stages.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived