Ryan Adams

ledzep45

I am a fan of his work. I recall the video to New York, New York with the twin towers filmed behind him. Good tune (and album) and a tribute to NYC. Having the video release around 9-11-01 was eerie tho.

Yes, it was.

I haven't been fond of some of his more recent outings beginning with Easy Tiger but everything I've heard from Ashes & Fire seems to find Ryan firing on all cylinders again. I can't wait to hear it. It has been a banner year for new music, hopefully this will be the icing on the cake.

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently he upset Neil Finn (Crowded House, Split Enz) and Janis Ian during a taping of the Songwriters Circle for the BBC yesterday, though the story hasn't been picked up by the music press, yet. For anyone that's interested, just do a search on "Ryan Adams Neil Finn Janis Ian" and check the hits for the alt-country.org message board as well as tobeyoung.org.

I like everything I've heard so far too but am holding out to listen to the album all the way through when it comes out on the 11th.

One of the bonus tracks on this stream is an old Alice in Chains tune...........lol nice, very.

So Jahfin, what's your verdict on this new release? Personally speaking I like it a lot. Adams really can pen a great great tune..........or eleven.

I've only listened to it a couple of times so far so it might still be a little early to weigh in with an opinion but my first impressions are that it's much better than those last couple records he did with the Cardinals (Easy Tiger and Cardinalogy).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Ryan Adams: Losering, A Story of Whiskeytown a new book written by David Menconi, music writer for the Raleigh, NC News and Observer is due for publication on September 5th. For many years, whether it was in the N & O or in the pages of magazines such as No Depression, I always thought Menconi did an outstanding job of chronicling the life of Ryan Adams so I'm looking very forward to reading his book. I know next to nothing about it aside from the title and the day it's coming out so I have no idea of how much (if any) input Ryan himself had in the writing of it.

• 2 months later...

51vKXUHaFGL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

In regards to my previous post about Ryan Adams: Losering, A Story of Whiskeytown by David Menconi, as you can see, the cover art for the book is now online as well as an excerpt, which you can read here.

For those in the Triangle area of NC, David Menconi will be doing reading readings from the book at the following locations in September:

September 27 at Quail Ridge/Raleigh

September 28 at Flyleaf/Chapel Hill

Rocktober 4 at Regulator/Durham

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived