Can You Accept The Truth?

DanelectroGod

Can You Accept The Truth?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Can You Accept The Truth?

• Yes, I realize that it all ended with John's passing, and the band's statement that "We can't continue as we were"
    • No, I will never give up hope
    • Doesn't matter either way

• 1 month later...

I consider all the reunions that have taken place to be valid enough extensions of the band's lifespan, no matter how shaky they were, so dating the end of Led Zeppelin to 1980 is too purist for me. That being said, I seriously doubt that there will be any future reunions, and if there is one 2+ years hence when Robert is done sulking, then it's really past the point where I'd want to see them try due to Robert's reduced ability to play "loud music". The only way for them to stay relevant is to record new material so that you don't get too hung up on comparing the old image of them vs. the young (the split screen of Jimmy with the doubleneck at the O2 vs. TSRTS movie version is a case in point). Media is too much of a time capsule and they need something new to hang their hat on that is very firmly in the here and now.

i've got a sneaking feeling jonesy is the driving force behind all this reunion business

he was the unsung hero last time round

great opportunity to prove himself if this all comes off

Well, I am certainly rooting for him! :cheer:

The truth? That they can do what ever they want to do. We can only type and make ourselves feel like we know what they know? The truth? It happened in December of 07. Enough said

• 2 months later...

I appreciate false hope is not a good thing, but one can always have some hope. In my opinion, it must very difficult to try to put together a band and possibly create new music while being held under a magnifying glass. Wouldn't it be a lot easier to just say, 'listen, we're not touring or doing any new music anymore'? Who knows for sure what they're really up to. If, and when, JP and JPJ are ready with new plans, they'll let us know. In the meantime, always have faith. BTW: With the release of It Might Get Loud this summer, there's sure to be some renewed buzz and interest ... coincidence?

• 2 weeks later...
i've got a sneaking feeling jonesy is the driving force behind all this reunion business

he was the unsung hero last time round

great opportunity to prove himself if this all comes off

Jason has been more than up for it since they came off stage at the O2. Jonesy himself said of his infectious enthusiasm and keen contributions to the jamming/rehearsals last year. Also, it was the biggest reason he left Foreigner. He is pretty devastated that it has come to nothing.

Archived