What Are You Reading?

Chicken

5 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

That's so nice to hear, Charles! :D A few people who I know, reacted rather adversely when I picked up Anthem, giving me a series of lectures - how could you read that stuff, etc? :lol: What drew me to this short novel, is the fact that I can identify with Equality 7-2521, in terms of my experiences in school and I really appreciate his bravery to have a vision and way of thinking, way beyond what the esteemed Council prescribes! My dad is a fan of Ayn Rand's work and I came across her novels, in his collection and there was no turning back! I can't wait to dig into We The Living, next! :) 

After that, consider Atlas Shrugged - it will blow your mind away

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Now that we are going through the 50th anniversary of The Sixties, every year seems to bring a new book asserting that X-year was the pivotal year in music. There have been books about the greatness of 1966, 1967, 1969...and now two more have reached my shelves: one on 1965 and the other focusing on 1971.

20161206_193015.jpg

11 minutes ago, Strider said:

Now that we are going through the 50th anniversary of The Sixties, every year seems to bring a new book asserting that X-year was the pivotal year in music. There have been books about the greatness of 1966, 1967, 1969...and now two more have reached my shelves: one on 1965 and the other focusing on 1971.

20161206_193015.jpg

How time flies.

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I always read two at once, one fiction and one non fiction, so any given night I can read what suits my mood.

Currently reading Jordan Peterson's new book, which I'd highly recommend to any other young man. He is an impressively deep thinker and speaks his truths, and is clearly incredibly well read and researched. Plan to follow this up with Modern Man in Search of a Soul.

Also reading The Dispossessed by Ursula Le Guin. This is after just finishing The Left Hand of Darnkess and greatly enjoing it. That said, I'm already enjoying The Dispossessed even more. She is very quickly becoming an all-time favorite of mine. Plan to follow this up with Dune.