What Are You Reading?

Chicken

Evil Spirits

The biography of Oliver Reeds life, legendary hell raiser and well known British actor who sadly passed away in 2000.

Second time Ive read this book carnt get enough of it :)

I read that some years ago. Borrowed it from a friend, but I think I really need to hunt down a copy for myself. Very entertaining read - what a life! :D

random.jpg

A thorough analysis of Celtic Occult practices. Some of the rituals and their purposes make you shake your head. Others I found quite interesting esp. since Plant was supposedly reading this book before he wrote STH.

The Irish file or Druid bard discovered auspices by the practice of what was known as the Teimn Laegha or the "Analysis of Song". He composed verses and sang them over any person or object respecting which he sought information.

random.jpg

A thorough analysis of Celtic Occult practices. Some of the rituals and their purposes make you shake your head. Others I found quite interesting esp. since Plant was supposedly reading this book before he wrote STH.

The Irish file or Druid bard discovered auspices by the practice of what was known as the Teimn Laegha or the "Analysis of Song". He composed verses and sang them over any person or object respecting which he sought information.

I read this last year--a classic! I had no idea Robert read it as well. Not really surprising though.

I just got Henry VIII and the Art of Majesty: Tapestries at the Tudor Court and The Age of Chivalry: Art in Plantagenet England 1200-1400. Both very good.

Edited by AllisonAdler

random.jpg

Look very interesting!! :)

I've got a couple of music related books on the go:

Pigs Might Fly: The Inside Story Of Pink Floyd by Mark Blake

41xJlo8X4gL._SS500_.jpg

I've lost count of the amount of Floyd books I have, but this for me is one of the least inspiring. He's tracked down some old colleagues and friends but there's very little in the way of new information and it certainly doesn't encourage you to listen to the music - as the best books should.

Rock Legends At Rockfield by Jeff Collins

514rPPwAHIL._SS500_.jpg

I had no idea this book existed until I came across it in Borders the other day. Crap title I know but it's a fascinating history of Rockfield studios. Collins is a very enthusiastic writer and has tracked down and interviewed many who worked at, or recorded there - including Robert Plant and band (I haven't got that far yet). Well worth a read.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...