13 MOST SHOCKING HOLLYWOOD CURSES

Bitchin Soul

I do not envy you in that meeting with Manson. I have read a few books on the Tate/La Bianca murders and Charles Manson. They scared the shit out of me. I do believe some people are just born evil. He is defenitely one of them. You can tell my looking in his eyes. I always wondered how he could convince his cult members to do these horrendous crimes. It has got to be a evil source. Scary Stuff.......

Hi "Bitchin Soul?" I keep forgetting to tell you, we do not live too far apart. You live in Dallas, Texas and I now live in San Antonio, Texas. Small world huh? ROCK ON!

HA!! I knew it. I've always said that whole thing was a misunderstanding... It's just some studio chatter that didn't get completely erased... that Robert and Jimmy were discussing fabric and the reason one heard it backwards was because they had their backs to the recording equipment. If they'd been talking about flannel, there wouldn't have been this controversy. :hysterical:

edited to add... Bitchin Soul- I'm not making fun of a typo, that's an 'explanation' I've posted a few times in the past... your typo just reminded me of it.

How's it going "Lake of Shadows" or should I say Ms. Bitch? All of the controversies surrounding the mighty LED ZEPPELIN are all rumors, just rumors! ROCK ON!

Either you are making the mistake or its the E channel or I.

It goes that everyone except JPJ sold his soul to the devil thats why

J.Page broke his finger in 75

Plant son died in 77

and Bonzo died in 80

and JPJ lived happily ever after

Except for when he's not called for reunion tours :P

HA!! I knew it. I've always said that whole thing was a misunderstanding... It's just some studio chatter that didn't get completely erased... that Robert and Jimmy were discussing fabric and the reason one heard it backwards was because they had their backs to the recording equipment. If they'd been talking about flannel, there wouldn't have been this controversy. :hysterical:

edited to add... Bitchin Soul- I'm not making fun of a typo, that's an 'explanation' I've posted a few times in the past... your typo just reminded me of it.

Yeah - everyone knows Jimmy sold his soul to Santa. :D

:D

:o You'd be surprised!

I remember the day like it was yesterday.

Robert had just checked into his hotel here in New Orleans 3 days before the show in the Superdome when he recieved the news about Karac.

They had sold 95k+ tickets up to that point and with 3 days to go they surely would have toped 100k.

That would have eclipsed the previous indoor record set by the Rolling Stones at the Dome of 87.5k still the indoor record.

I don't remember who it was that released the stats but they went on to say how many hotdogs,hamburgers,boxes of popcorn,beer,softdrinks etc,etc.... that was lost due to Zeppelin canceling the show.

I thought Shit! the man lost his son for christ sake :o

It's all about the money :rolleyes:

i thought the dome record was for a rolling stones concert in 1981 (that i attended). many other bands were on that bill: prince, fab t-birds, george thorogood, blah balh. no one else was on the zep bill, right, doc?

i thought the dome record was for a rolling stones concert in 1981 (that i attended). many other bands were on that bill: prince, fab t-birds, george thorogood, blah balh. no one else was on the zep bill, right, doc?

Yep that's the one, I was there as well. It is still the record. Zep would've had it but for the cancellation. Man I hated turning those tickets back in :boohoo:

Yep Zep was playing alone.

Click on the timeline link and scroll over to 1981 they have a small pic of the dome floor for that show. Largest ever indoor concert.

http://www.superdome.com/index.php?option=...0&Itemid=38

edited to say oh I said previous ok oops!

If breaking your finger is the worst thing that happens to you as a cursed being, I think I'll sell my soul to the devil and become a famous rock star, too!

Anyway, the whole thing's pretty dumb, but the thing that pisses me off is that they included Robert's son's death as part of the "curse," as if it was Robert's fault that he died. How absolutely low-class can you get? Worst channel on TV, along with VH1. <_<

Aside from the whole thing being plain stupid (E news and their retarded shows), i agree with you about Karac. It's a disgrace to call his very heartbreaking death part of a curse. That little boy died much too young and it was so unfair his life was so short. sad0065.gif

EDIT for picture:

i167126048_57580_3.jpg

It goes that everyone except JPJ sold his soul to the devil thats why

J.Page broke his finger in 75

Plant son died in 77

and Bonzo died in 80

and JPJ lived happily ever after

How does this work then, out of interest? You sell your soul to the devil, presumably via a website these days, and then someone else comes after you with nasty revenge. Is it God that does that? I thought he was a nice guy.

It would make more sense if the person that didn't sell their soul to the devil got some horrible curse put on them... by the devil.

I suppose I should read up on this, but I don't want to piss Richard Dawkins off.

I tuned in a few minutes late to this programme, but caught the Zeppelin bit and also an even more ridiculous pseudo-story about John Lennon being cursed by the number 9.

Was there a segment about the curse of the many rock stars who died at age 27? I notice the title scene had a photo of Jim Morrison, and there was a quick flash of Janis Joplin video in the closing montage.

There was also a photo of Christopher Reeve, but they didn't do a segment on the Superman curse (unless I somehow missed it).

Archived