Robert on Raising Sand

pujols05

I've seen a number of posts noting how well Plant is singing "right now," with Raising Sand being the most current example.

For me, his work on "Polly Gone Home" is astonishing. The timbre, the delicacy, the phrasing are perfection. It's a haunting song. I could listen to it for hours.

Anyone else amazed at that song?

I've seen a number of posts noting how well Plant is singing "right now," with Raising Sand being the most current example.

For me, his work on "Polly Gone Home" is astonishing. The timbre, the delicacy, the phrasing are perfection. It's a haunting song. I could listen to it for hours.

Me. :)

I really love the whole album. But, this song in particular brought me to tears. :'( It's so beautiful.

To me, the song "Nothin'" ,originally written by Townes Van Zandt, is Robert's best song since "Big Log". Could've been on a Zep album easily. It's that good.

Should have kept all of the verses in the song though, like the original.

Archived