Here is the BIG evidence of Zep touring AND recording in the years to come.

AlexKx

Here is more evidance as to Led Zeppelin RECORDING AND TOURING in the years to come. Have you all paid attention to all of the compilations from box sets to whatever else? So some people are asking what the point of "Mothership" is since there is "Remasters" and the two single disc compilations of studio tracks "Early Days: The Best Of Led Zeppelin - Volume I" and "Latter Days: The Best Of Led Zeppelin - Volume II". Especially since the tracklistings while different are very similar.

There has been a response of sorts from the Zeppelin camp that the two single disc compilations "Early Days" and "Latter Days" somehow did not "do" whatever the members of Led Zeppelin wanted. Of course it is just some ambiguous statement thrown around and there seems to have been little thought to what was meant with it.

Well for one (as always and a good thing!) the intent is to make money. Second I think it is to raise the interest level for what is to come from Led Zeppelin. I for one also think after they start making new studio l.p.s that years down the road a more proper compilation will be done with something like three new studio tracks on it and some tour behind it.

My point HERE though is this...look closer...look at the titles for "Early Days" and "Latter Days". They are making "Latter Days" irrelevant. Why? Could it be that those aren't going to be the "Latter Days" after all? I think the evidence is everywhere.

theres evidence also in the fact that zeppelin are doin interviews and having official photos dun. bit fishy for a 'one-off' performance. look at pink floyd they never did any photos or interviews for their one off. i think zeppelin already know how the gig's gonna go due to the rehearsals and the fact that they think jason must be doin an amazing job in order to sit at that stool.

theres evidence also in the fact that zeppelin are doin interviews and having official photos dun. bit fishy for a 'one-off' performance. look at pink floyd they never did any photos or interviews for their one off. i think zeppelin already know how the gig's gonna go due to the rehearsals and the fact that they think jason must be doin an amazing job in order to sit at that stool.

I agree Polo. This is the PR set up for the 08 tour announcement that will follow shortly after O2. Live O2 CD, new Zep album. Plant gushing about how much he's looking forward to the reunion in the new Rolling Stone. LZ on the cover of Rolling Stone....

The seeds are being sowed, similar to the Police earlier this year, and to a lesser degree Genesis. I think the O2 concert was the driver, but the rehearsals have been so productive, it sure sounds to me like a band that will be a force to be reckoned with over the next 5 years. Plus, $200 million for 100 or so dates is a tough # to back away from. Trust me LiveNation is looking for the big '08 product.

Get ready for the $800 meet and greet!

Here is more evidance as to Led Zeppelin RECORDING AND TOURING in the years to come. Have you all paid attention to all of the compilations from box sets to whatever else? So some people are asking what the point of "Mothership" is since there is "Remasters" and the two single disc compilations of studio tracks "Early Days: The Best Of Led Zeppelin - Volume I" and "Latter Days: The Best Of Led Zeppelin - Volume II". Especially since the tracklistings while different are very similar.

There has been a response of sorts from the Zeppelin camp that the two single disc compilations "Early Days" and "Latter Days" somehow did not "do" whatever the members of Led Zeppelin wanted. Of course it is just some ambiguous statement thrown around and there seems to have been little thought to what was meant with it.

Well for one (as always and a good thing!) the intent is to make money. Second I think it is to raise the interest level for what is to come from Led Zeppelin. I for one also think after they start making new studio l.p.s that years down the road a more proper compilation will be done with something like three new studio tracks on it and some tour behind it.

My point HERE though is this...look closer...look at the titles for "Early Days" and "Latter Days". They are making "Latter Days" irrelevant. Why? Could it be that those aren't going to be the "Latter Days" after all? I think the evidence is everywhere.

How many ways of wrong can you be with this post? Let me count them....

1. Early Days/Latter Days is an allusion to a bootleg of the same title.

2. In terms of doing what the band wanted, it's pretty clear from listening to both that the sound quality is what has changed. That's where the dissatisfaction arises.

3. PR to raise interest level? I think the demand for tickets to the O2 gig showed there is (and always has been and will be) interest in whatever Led Zeppelin does. They certainly don't need a PR campaign, much like iconic bands like the Beatles/Stones/U2 wouldn't.

4. As for Floyd, Waters and Gilmour still harbor some animosity toward each other over the lawsuit for the usage of the band name. Zep never really had that kind of acrimony. Publicity photos for an individual show are much different than Floyd reuniting for a multi-band gig like Live 8. I mean, the remaining members of Zep never took photos before the Live Aid gig.

5. Where is this "evidence" you're talking about? It's all supposition on your part.

That's all. Not saying they are/aren't/or won't do something in the future, but there is nothing of substance here with what you say.

Archived