What songs are you working on now?

danelectro

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Did you mean "Yesterday" by the Beatles, missguitar, or was that a joke about being behind at work?

"Yesterday" was one of the first songs I learned to play on the guitar when I was a teenager...

I'm trying to learn some acoustic Zeppelin songs including Tangerine, Stairway to Heaven and Babe I'm Gonna Leave You. Making some progress...

• 4 months later...

I usually don't try to learn full songs at once, I have learned probably around 50 different riffs from many different Zep songs then go back on my favorites and learn the rest. Ive learned SIBLY up to main solo, but man that's pretty tough; that and HMMT solo are the two main songs I'm focused on now, and sometimes try to learn SIBLY (TSRTS) parts since the guitar is all quite different at least the intro. I just finished learning Thank You (BCC Sessions solo) which is a blast to play! I couldn't find the BCC song so just learned Thank You (Studio) with the crazy BCC solo (it sounds great together, all electric guitar) but naturally imrovised parts here and there, it's not like Page played that exact solo twice (at least I wouldnt think)

• 2 months later...

I usually don't try to learn full songs at once, I have learned probably around 50 different riffs from many different Zep songs then go back on my favorites and learn the rest. Ive learned SIBLY up to main solo, but man that's pretty tough; that and HMMT solo are the two main songs I'm focused on now, and sometimes try to learn SIBLY (TSRTS) parts since the guitar is all quite different at least the intro. I just finished learning Thank You (BCC Sessions solo) which is a blast to play! I couldn't find the BCC song so just learned Thank You (Studio) with the crazy BCC solo (it sounds great together, all electric guitar) but naturally imrovised parts here and there, it's not like Page played that exact solo twice (at least I wouldnt think)

SIBLY tsrts is really worth learning it mate. Feels like heaven when you play that particular version. Gave it a shot few months back. Cheers!

Archived