SIBLY or Tea For One?

mightyzep247

162 members have voted

1. 1. which do you prefer?

• Since I've Been Lovin' You
    • Tea For One

A lot of people compare SIBLY and TFO I've noticed and I was wondering which one you prefer? This is judging by studio versions, btw, since TFO was never played live. I'm gonna have to go with Tea For One. Opinions?

The early live day's of SIBLY were unbelievable. Page's tone and playing in 71 espescially, was undescribable ! Tea For One is a brilliant song but equates a different kind of feel for me. Never had the priviledge of hearing it live in person but none the less, it's on my IPod :D

I love both SIBLY and Tea For One, so it's a difficult choice. SIBLY represents early Zep when they were more rooted in the blues, and Tea For One is a more mature Zep getting back to their blues roots. I think that I will agree with you and choose Tea For One because of the blues drum rolls and cymbals and the guitar solo, not to mention the lyrics and Robert's singing.

TFO ffor me, never been big on SIBLY. The SIBLY vox get a little out there for me, especially live.

It did on many occations danelectro . I'm going on what I saw and heard in 71 . Many of the boots out there don't do the song justice and I must admit, without a good strong Plant vocal, it does fall a bit flat

The early live day's of SIBLY were unbelievable. Page's tone and playing in 71 espescially, was undescribable ! Tea For One is a brilliant song but equates a different kind of feel for me. Never had the priviledge of hearing it live in person but none the less, it's on my IPod :D

Indeed they were! As you say, Jimmy's playing on SIBLY in '71 - and I would also say '72 - are indescribable and the boots don't do it justice. Actually, when I think about the live performances of SIBLY that I saw during the early '70s, I'm almost overcome with emotion - they were that beautiful.

Tea for One is an incredible song but, for me, it's hard for me to compare it to SIBLY because I will always think of those concerts first.

Indeed they were! As you say, Jimmy's playing on SIBLY in '71 - and I would also say '72 - are indescribable and the boots don't do it justice. Actually, when I think about the live performances of SIBLY that I saw during the early '70s, I'm almost overcome with emotion - they were that beautiful.

Tea for One is an incredible song but, for me, it's hard for me to compare it to SIBLY because I will always think of those concerts first.

Yeah, same for me MAD ! A real stand out number that made the hair on my neck stand up. B)

I remember at the 71 concert everyboby was completely silent for that cut. Jimmy was magical, and Bonzo's playing and sound would have made my mother want to become a drummer :D

It's hard for me to answer that question because while both songs share a common chord structure and bluesy feeling they each have their own grooves. SIBLY is unique in its own right just as TFO is. That being said, I personally prefer SIBLY but that's because the meaning of SIBLY resonates more with me than that of TFO. They're both amazing songs, though... brilliant when you consider that they started out with a similar chordal structure and evolved from there into very different songs.

Archived