Out on the Tiles ending lyrics?

dpat

Just wondering what the fine participants of this board thought it was Planty sings before the fade-out on Out On The Tiles ... I guess I hear with my sound-shattered ears (too many Motorhead concerts) something akin to:

"All the rhythm said was keep on rock"

OR

"All the rhythm said was keep on walk"

OR

"All the rhythm said was keep on 'n on"

Any suggestions?

... and I'll say it again: Mr. Plant has to one day release an official lyrics book written by himself, not some lackey in the Atlantic offices. He'll never do it, though...

• 5 weeks later...
... and I'll say it again: Mr. Plant has to one day release an official lyrics book written by himself, not some lackey in the Atlantic offices. He'll never do it, though...

That would be nice. Even the lyrics in the Mothership tab are wrong.

:huh: Sorry, but the lyrics've got me stumpped too

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

The lyrics are: "Oh, just remember said to 'Keep On' "

"All I really said was 'Keep On' "

Just refer to the previous lyrics. The song is about the journey of life, as in keep on keeping on. Plant would throw in 'Keep On', in live sets all the time. He would rarely get mushy with lyrics asking someone to be "his one".

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

one of the aspects of joy I find in listening to LZ is so often the lyric is indivisible from the music, explaining myself more is just this: I feel the lyrics just as much as the rhythm and not separately. Mostly tracks are seemless and just as good with lyrics or without. with some "music" the spotlight is mostly on vocals then a spotlight on a lead or small section. LZ is so much more.

• 4 weeks later...

That's awesome! That had never crossed my mind!

Like Dallas Knebs said, one of the greatest things about Plant's voice is how it is essentially an instrument equal to the others in the band.

He can improvise groans and shouts and cries, and they all sound amazing; like he is playing his voice as an instrument.

If anyone else tried that they would probably come across as fools.

Plant surely is 1 in 7.021 Billion.

Archived