" BIGGEST REFORMATION OF 2009 "

TheZeppyWanderer

Don't think it has - I'm having a brain freeze on what their big hit was :slapface:

"True" from about 1982 or 83. Remember how well it was used in John Hughes' movie Sixteen Candles with Molly Ringwald and Anthony Michael Hall. Also had John Cusack too in it.

Didn't have to do it, but whenever you hit a blank a Google-It will usually cure it!

"True" from about 1982 or 83. Remember how well it was used in John Hughes' movie Sixteen Candles with Molly Ringwald and Anthony Michael Hall. Also had John Cusack too in it.

:D Thanks! I forgot it was in Sixteen Candles. Been ages since I've seen that movie.

Even George Michael isn't that desperate.

You would be surprised!.

I think at this stage in his career,anything musical would be a bonus after the toilet and drugs debacle.

Actually, after several months of ignoring this thread,and happily reliving my childhood ABBA fantasy's, :rolleyes: I have to say that it must have been the welcome return to live music of Mott the Hoople.

I was totally ignorant of them in the 70's,but rediscovered their importance via David Bowie.

Covers of their songs "Once Bitten, Twice Shy" and others,belatedly introduced them to American audiences as well.

Simon and Garfunkel reuniting for tour

(CNN) -- Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel are getting their group back together this spring for a reunion tour of Asia and Australia, according to a source close to the group.

Reunion plans apparently began after Simon and Garfunkel played three songs together during Simon's two-night gig at New York's Beacon Theatre in February.

Tour rehearsals begin in New York in May and the tour will launch in New Zealand around the first week of June, according to the source.

Shows in Australia and possibly Japan will follow, the source said.

Simon's manager, Jeff Kramer, has asked the group's musicians to clear their calendars -- which means canceling other shows -- from late May through June, the source said.

Kramer, in a statement to Rolling Stone magazine after the February show, hinted that a tour was in the works.

No official announcement has been made and Simon's publicist has not responded to CNN requests for comment.

"Yes there have been conversations taking place, but nothing has been confirmed," Kramer told Rolling Stone.

Simon and Garfunkel last reunited for their "Old Friends" tour in 2003 and 2004, which Rolling Stone estimated earned $123 million.

The duo, friends since childhood, is famous for breaking up and making up about every dozen years.

Their biggest hits together came in the late 1960s -- including "Bridge Over Troubled Water," "Mrs. Robinson" and "Scarborough Fair."

Simon and Garfunkel reuniting for tour

(CNN) -- Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel are getting their group back together this spring for a reunion tour of Asia and Australia, according to a source close to the group.

Reunion plans apparently began after Simon and Garfunkel played three songs together during Simon's two-night gig at New York's Beacon Theatre in February.

Great news!!! But not too many teenage boys in the prePunk 70's were getting crazy over "Like a Bridge over Troubled Water" or "Sounds of Silence." (I did (quietly) but if anybody had found me out, they'd have confiscated my Kiss Army patch.) The Winwood/Clapton thing doesn't quite do it either.

Gotta be the full-costumed Kiss.

I've been following this thread for a while and racking my brain on who could it be, and have finally come to the conclusion that the promoter was over exaggerating this reunion of band/artist. It's what they get paid to do. He was just trying to ride all the hoopla regarding Zep reformation rumors. The band has probably already been announced and we all probable went ...whatever... and left it at that.

• 2 weeks later...

anyone heard maybe j.geils band ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, With minimal, a couple of dates recently appeared on venue schedules for one of the hardest working bands ever to walk onstage. Throughout the ‘70s and ‘80s the J. Geils Band was always a party favorite. Fronted by rapid-talking Peter Wolf and featuring tasty guitar licks by founder J. Geils, the Boston-based band always audiences on their feet with stompers like “Must Have Got Lost,” “Give It To Me” and “Southside Shuffle.”

Ted Nugent second only to Zeppelin? :blink:

You may have missed my post above where I stated it had already been discussed in this thread that an Amboy Dukes reunion didn't fit the criteria mentioned in the first post of this thread. If you're referring to something Nugent said in the interview, I don't see it. I just posted a link to the article because I thought it was quite the coincidence that Jabe had mentioned the possibility of an Amboy Dukes reunion and lo and behold, it actually occurs. No one was saying Nugent and/or the Amboy Dukes are "second only to Zeppelin".

You may have missed my post above where I stated it had already been discussed in this thread that an Amboy Dukes reunion didn't fit the criteria mentioned in the first post of this thread. If you're referring to something Nugent said in the interview, I don't see it. I just posted a link to the article because I thought it was quite the coincidence that Jabe had mentioned the possibility of an Amboy Dukes reunion and lo and behold, it actually occurs. No one was saying Nugent and/or the Amboy Dukes are "second only to Zeppelin".

No harm, no foul, just thinking out aloud! ;)

However, I remember reading a magazaine interview with Ted many, many years ago and he said something about how he could outriff Jimmy any day of the week and would've liked to engage in a guitar battle with him.

BTW, Ted's my favourite redneck! :)

• 6 months later...

Bad Company toured in '09

Bad Company Original Lineup Reunite For Tour That Will Include Aerosmith's Joe Perry

11/18/2009

.(antiMusic) Now that his gig with Queen is over, Paul Rodgers is returning to the band that brought him the most fame: Bad Company. The reunited band will hit the road in the UK next Spring for a run of eight shows.

What makes this outing extra special is the fact that it will feature the original lineup of Paul Rodgers, Mick Ralphs and Simon Kirke, who according to Classic Rock haven't performed together in the UK in over three decades – have announced that they will reunite for a series of eight UK shows in April 2010.

The band announced the tour at a press event on Tuesday. Their website was soon after updated with breaking news that Aerosmith's Joe Perry Solo Band (Joe Perry Project) to open for Bad Company UK Tour. No word yet is they will be crossing the pond, but we'll keep an eye out for any updates. In the meantime, here are the dates: Arpil 1-Birmingham LG Arena,

April 2-Manchester Arena,

April 4-Sheffield City Hall,

April 5-Cardiff CIA,

April 7-Newcastle Arena,

April 8-Glasgow Clyde,

April 10-Brighton Center,

April 11-Wembley Arena.

Bad Company Original Lineup Reunite For Tour That Will Include Aerosmith's Joe Perry

11/18/2009

.(antiMusic) Now that his gig with Queen is over, Paul Rodgers is returning to the band that brought him the most fame: Bad Company. The reunited band will hit the road in the UK next Spring for a run of eight shows.

What makes this outing extra special is the fact that it will feature the original lineup of Paul Rodgers, Mick Ralphs and Simon Kirke, who according to Classic Rock haven't performed together in the UK in over three decades – have announced that they will reunite for a series of eight UK shows in April 2010.

The band announced the tour at a press event on Tuesday. Their website was soon after updated with breaking news that Aerosmith's Joe Perry Solo Band (Joe Perry Project) to open for Bad Company UK Tour. No word yet is they will be crossing the pond, but we'll keep an eye out for any updates. In the meantime, here are the dates:

Arpil 1-Birmingham LG Arena,

April 2-Manchester Arena,

April 4-Sheffield City Hall,

April 5-Cardiff CIA,

April 7-Newcastle Arena,

April 8-Glasgow Clyde,

April 10-Brighton Center,

April 11-Wembley Arena.

I would love to see them in concert!

I loved Bad Co. back in the day, more so than Led Zeppelin at the time. (Not now, of course, LOL).

I hope that they do make it to the US. May would be a perfect time. biggrin.gif

Archived