re; Grammy Awards

euro

If anyone is interested this is in the Toronto Sun today..

LOS ANGELES - News and notes from Grammy weekend:

IS THAT THE ROYAL WE?: Robert Plant and Alison Krauss, the favourites to win this year's best album race for their critically acclaimed bluegrass collaboration, Raising Sand, had a grand ole time rehearsing a two-song medley on Friday night at the Staples Centre leading up to their actual performance on Sunday night's Grammy show.

In fact, the jovial one-time Led Zeppelin singer gently chided the small audience in attendance when they politely clapped after he and Krauss performed with their Raising Sand producer T-Bone Burnett on guitar and three other band members.

"No please, please, that's far too much," said Plant before adding: "And next the royal family."

The duo then ran through the slinky-then-uptempo medley of Rich Woman/Gone Gone Gone (Done Moved On) one more time, after which a laughing Plant took an exaggerated bow.

IS THAT THE ROYAL WE?: Robert Plant and Alison Krauss, the favourites to win this year's best album race for their critically acclaimed bluegrass collaboration, Raising Sand, had a grand ole time rehearsing a two-song medley on Friday night at the Staples Centre leading up to their actual performance on Sunday night's Grammy show.

In fact, the jovial one-time Led Zeppelin singer gently chided the small audience in attendance when they politely clapped after he and Krauss performed with their Raising Sand producer T-Bone Burnett on guitar and three other band members.

"No please, please, that's far too much," said Plant before adding: "And next the royal family."

The duo then ran through the slinky-then-uptempo medley of Rich Woman/Gone Gone Gone (Done Moved On) one more time, after which a laughing Plant took an exaggerated bow.

Great stuff and thanks for sharing! Sounds like they will be playing "Rich Woman" and "Gone, Gone, Gone" for certain. Can't wait til tomorrow night! :D

Look forward to hearing that tomorrow :D

Great stuff and thanks for sharing! Sounds like they will be playing "Rich Woman" and "Gone, Gone, Gone" for certain. Can't wait til tomorrow night! :D

Oddly, I'm listening to Raising Sand right now and "Gone, Gone, Gone" just finished and I like the instrumental performance on it but not the vocal harmonies. Overall I like the disc very much, but generally like their individual efforts better, not the collaboration so much.

I hope you don't consider my previous post a "flame". It wasn't at all. Even within the Raising Sand music I prefer the individual vocals not the harmonies. They're not grating but I don't hear the greatness of their vocal blend.

The highlight of the disc to me is the instrumental support.

I hope you don't consider my previous post a "flame". It wasn't at all. Even within the Raising Sand music I prefer the individual vocals not the harmonies. They're not grating but I don't hear the greatness of their vocal blend.

Sorry, wasn't referring to you richestkind. There's been a ton of flaming posts around in other threads over time and no, there wasn't anything "flaming" about your post at all :)

I like their vocals together personally though my favorite songs on the album tend to be ones where they are singing basically alone.

Sorry, wasn't referring to you richestkind. There's been a ton of flaming posts around in other threads over time and no, there wasn't anything "flaming" about your post at all :)

I like their vocals together personally though my favorite songs on the album tend to be ones where they are singing basically alone.

Exactly my sentiments.

Even within the Raising Sand music I prefer the individual vocals not the harmonies. They're not grating but I don't hear the greatness of their vocal blend.

Polly Come Home is strong instrumentally but the vocals wrap around the instrumentals with ease.

Polly Come Home is strong instrumentally but the vocals wrap around the instrumentals with ease.

I agree. The song is simply gorgeous, as well as the whole CD. Oh yes, Robert's Plant, they have a great chance to "Bring It On Home"!! B)

I agree. The song is simply gorgeous, as well as the whole CD. Oh yes, Robert's Plant, they have a great chance to "Bring It On Home"!! B)

Polly Come Home is easily my favorite track on the album. Was sorry not to have heard it live (they did it one time I think but that was it).

Polly Come Home is easily my favorite track on the album. Was sorry not to have heard it live (they did it one time I think but that was it).

Also my favorite song. The first time I heard it I actually sobbed - you know - a big, shuddering gasp that was really embarrassing since I was on the bus on my way to work. I am able to keep myself under control now, but I think it is a really beautiful, haunting song. The music is so spare and the melody so simple. Robert sings it beautifully. I don't think I could stand to hear it live, I would probably lose it. Maybe that's why they only did it once, it reduced the audience to blubbering idiots.

Also my favorite song. The first time I heard it I actually sobbed - you know - a big, shuddering gasp that was really embarrassing since I was on the bus on my way to work. I am able to keep myself under control now, but I think it is a really beautiful, haunting song. The music is so spare and the melody so simple. Robert sings it beautifully. I don't think I could stand to hear it live, I would probably lose it. Maybe that's why they only did it once, it reduced the audience to blubbering idiots.

The song is like a soft caress, very calming. Maybe it released some inner stress that you had kept inside for awhile. That's very healthy, as long as you don't go on crying constantly.

It's a very moving song, especially the way he sings it. The original is good, but a bit lighter in feel.

Archived