NEW DVD TSRTS DESCRIPTION

Jorge

Could anybody, who has already seen the new DVD, give a good description about the new release?

Is the movie the same as the one in 1976 but improved in sound and quality? Does it still have the "fantasy sequences"?

Disc 1The film is intact but sound quality has improved immensely

Disc 2 assorted goodies like Celebaration Day and Over the Hills and Far away,misty moutain hop(same as 2003 DVD) and more

Frankly I think the 'music video' sections are really cool and for the time were conceptual pieces that lots of bands were experimenting with in the 60s and 70s remember MTV didnt exist yet. I saw TSRTS in a smoke filled cinema at the midnight showing it was an event with a like minded cinema audience.

I watched the new TSRTS DVD today & noticed something that I don't remember from the first DVD: near the beginning, just after the opening credits are rolling over the backdrop of NYC, there is a brief shot of Grant & Cole coming out of the door in their gangster outfits (like what was already shown earlier)- and then it cuts right to when Grant is preparing to leave for the tour.

Anybody else's DVD have this or is this maybe a glitch with my DVD player?

I watched the new TSRTS DVD today & noticed something that I don't remember from the first DVD: near the beginning, just after the opening credits are rolling over the backdrop of NYC, there is a brief shot of Grant & Cole coming out of the door in their gangster outfits (like what was already shown earlier)- and then it cuts right to when Grant is preparing to leave for the tour.

Anybody else's DVD have this or is this maybe a glitch with my DVD player?

No, that error has always been in there. I have the original DVD, and that's definitely there.

For me, the two extra songs - OTHAFA and Celebration Day - plus, the various beautiful menu footage are the highlights of the new DVD. OTHAFA is my favorite on disk 2 by far. All in all, with the much improved sound of the original film and the various extras, the DVD is worth the price IMO.

There's an option in the menu to just (mainly)watch the concert which is a relief. The Fantasy sequence were only added because when the footage shot on the nights was viewed there were big gaps in the songs that they didn't have on film.

They don't bear repeated watching imho.

Yup, it rules, I just got the TSRTS Collector's Edition Box from Amazon in the mail yesterday. It's f'in amazing! Great package for the buck, love all the extra in the box and on the 2 DVD's. Aside from the famous NQ edit, the package looks and sounds great and has tons of unseen footage on Disc 2. Any Zep fan that doesn't grab this asap is brain damaged.

I had a very rare streak of patience which paid off for me saving a few bucks. Hastings ran this on add on Nov. 20 for $13.99; Best Buy was $16.99 and Wal-Mart is $25.99!!! But my local Hastings could not find the 3 copies they showed on hand until today! Because I picked up a raincheck for it on the 20th, I save another dollar. Yes, I was really eager to get this in my hands, but $12.99 is pretty sweet!

I haven't played it on my DTS system/big screen as yet, but I'm quite impressed at this point with the audio and video improvements just from playing disc 2 on my 32" NTSC and analog stereo receiver. The bonus Tampa news report and Drake Hotel press conference is all pretty cool as well.

Archived