Zep w/o Robert?

It's becoming clear that Robert wants a true "One Night Stand" with Zep and then he will move on...to whatever project he chooses.

IF Jimmy decides to continue Zep, minus Robert, and move on with another singer - who would see the New Zep?

I, for one, would. No Doubt about it.

It's becoming clear that Robert wants a true "One Night Stand" with Zep and then he will move on...to whatever project he chooses.

IF Jimmy decides to continue Zep, minus Robert, and move on with another singer - who would see the New Zep?

even with robert..there can be no new ZEP. that ended with the death of JB

Nirvana, why do you suppose I think you enjoy smacking hornet nests with a stick? Why

am I going to take my swing and say David Coverdale remains on Jimmy's Christmas

Card List? :)

I see no reason why Jimmy, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham could not continue without Robert Plant. HOWEVER, there is NO WAY they would do so as "Led Zeppelin". Doing so would relegate them to Spinal Tap status overnight, like Van Halen with Gary Cherone.

Nirvana,

I really don't think that they would do that. Page and Jones may do something, but they wouldn't call it Zeppelin. And even if they had Jason with them, ir still wouldn't be Zeppelin because Jason wasn't a part of the orginal line up.

Jimmy Page has to much respect for himself (and his band) to ever consider, calling anything Led Zeppelin, without Robert.

AYE AYE - it ain't no LEDZEP anymore. Call it the Partridge Family Band.

Led Zeppelin performing without Robert would be an insult to him, and to the LEDZEP fans as well.

If Queen is doing it, that's because Freddy Mercury is dead.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I see no reason why Jimmy, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham could not continue without Robert Plant. HOWEVER, there is NO WAY they would do so as "Led Zeppelin". Doing so would relegate them to Spinal Tap status overnight, like Van Halen with Gary Cherone.

Yeah but it what capacity?

I don't think they would play Zeppelin songs.

I realize that all of them play Zeppelin songs on their own, but I think it would be weirdest of all if the everyone but Robert was there and they did Zeppelin songs.

This whole "w/o Robert" thing just makes me sick :(

But you see, THAT'S the problem. Jimmy Page cannot tour without performing Led

Zeppelin songs, unless he wants to do covers all night. Robert Plant has evolved

musically so much since 1980 he could drop Zep number's tomorrow and still have

sufficient material of his own to perform. If Led Zeppelin is not resuccitated next

summer Jimmy goes back to napping on the couch. What the hell else is a 63 YEAR

OLD ex-Led Zeppelin guitarist going to do, intructional videos? Celebrity signings?

I would see any of the members especially if they played together in any capacity. I think the only way they'd call it zeppelin is if they all played together. In that case, I'd respect it.

Robert has said the same thing for 27 years. Lets see what happens after the gig. Right now, he has a very important project in the works, if he said he was going to tour with zeppelin, nobody would care about those other projects. Lets say he does tour with Allison and he does his SS shows.... he can do zeppelin afterwards. There is nothing saying this has to happen summer 08.

Winter 08??

I realize that all of them play Zeppelin songs on their own, but I think it would be weirdest of all if the everyone but Robert was there and they did Zeppelin songs.

This whole "w/o Robert" thing just makes me sick :(

I completely agree. I think that Page, Jones, and Bonham wouldn't condsider performing as Led Zep without Robert. Robert is an integral part of Led Zeppelin and I would be ashamed if they toured as Zeppelin w/o Robert. Who could ever replace him? He is, without question, the greatest front man/lead singer to ever exist! EVER!

But you see, THAT'S the problem. Jimmy Page cannot tour without performing Led

Zeppelin songs, unless he wants to do covers all night....If Led Zeppelin is not resuccitated next

summer Jimmy goes back to napping on the couch. What the hell else is a 63 YEAR

OLD ex-Led Zeppelin guitarist going to do, intructional videos? Celebrity signings?

oh dear, poor Jimmy!

Jesus, can't Robert at least do it for him?

Does anyone think Robert Plant would be in the position he would be today without Jimmy?

if he said he was going to tour with zeppelin, nobody would care about those other projects.

yeah I guess that's a good point. he'd have to be answering questions about his upcoming Zeppelin tour while he was doing the Krauss/Raising Sand thing.

How annoying it would be for anyone to field those questions when they're trying to do something else.

I really hope he keeps the door open despite of all this talk. I recall him saying something before to the rhyme of "the more people talk the more pressure it puts on us" or something similar to that.

Pressure for or against, I don't know.

oh dear, poor Jimmy!

Jesus, can't Robert at least do it for him?

Does anyone think Robert Plant would be in the position he would be today without Jimmy?

I think Robert has known and accepted for some time it's too late in life to be living for others. Robert would have found stardom eventually, with or without Led Zeppelin. He

wasn't that obscure in the Midlands scene.

I completely agree. I think that Page, Jones, and Bonham wouldn't condsider performing as Led Zep without Robert. Robert is an integral part of Led Zeppelin and I would be ashamed if they toured as Zeppelin w/o Robert. Who could ever replace him? He is, without question, the greatest front man/lead singer to ever exist! EVER!

I think what I meant was that, even though they wouldn't call it Led Zeppelin officially, I would still think it odd for them to play Zeppelin songs.

For some reason, I find it more normal for Jimmy to play with the Black Crowes and do Zeppelin songs than for Jimmy/John Paul Jones/Jason Bonham to do Zeppelin songs without Robert.

Why is that?

For some reason, I find it more normal for Jimmy to play with the Black Crowes and do Zeppelin songs than for Jimmy/John Paul Jones/Jason Bonham to do Zeppelin songs without Robert.

Why is that?

I think you mean more acceptable, and again it comes down to how do you want to use your illusion?

I think what I meant was that, even though they wouldn't call it Led Zeppelin officially, I would still think it odd for them to play Zeppelin songs.

Why is that?

probably you feel that way because if one of the original members is missing(with the exception of John Bonham), why would the others get together as Led Zeppelin? I understand the Black Crowes thing, because that seems to be another project entirely.

Why is that?

my illusion. I'm confused at what you mean

By illusion, I mean how you perceive what your seeing. Not to go John Lennon on ya,

but nothing is real. Anyway, I'm willing to bet your perception of Page performing with

the Black Crowes fits more neatly into the construct of your reality than that of Page,

JPJ & Jason performing sans Robert. I'll give you an example of mine. I cannot look at

photos of Robert Plant holding the double-neck without feeling something is off-kilter.

Archived