Zep w/o Robert?

AYE AYE - it ain't no LEDZEP anymore. Call it the Partridge Family Band.

Led Zeppelin performing without Robert would be an insult to him, and to the LEDZEP fans as well.

If Queen is doing it, that's because Freddy Mercury is dead.

Yes, this is what I said, basically. :blink:

Jimmy Page has to much respect for himself (and his band) to ever consider, calling anything Led Zeppelin, without Robert.

By illusion, I mean how you perceive what your seeing. Not to go John Lennon on ya,

but nothing is real. Anyway, I'm willing to bet your perception of Page performing with

the Black Crowes fits more neatly into the construct of your reality than that of Page,

JPJ & Jason performing sans Robert.

Well yeah, that's what I said! :D

Part of our perceptions aren't really our own doings though.

Have Jimmy and John Paul Jones ever played Zeppelin songs together without Robert?

and has Plant ever played guitar on a Zeppelin record, double necked or not?-- in your case

Nirvana, why do you suppose I think you enjoy smacking hornet nests with a stick? Why

am I going to take my swing and say David Coverdale remains on Jimmy's Christmas

Card List? :)

I see no reason why Jimmy, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham could not continue without Robert Plant. HOWEVER, there is NO WAY they would do so as "Led Zeppelin". Doing so would relegate them to Spinal Tap status overnight, like Van Halen with Gary Cherone.

I LOVE throwing a stone into a quiet pond...No, Jimmy wouldn't have to call it Led Zeppelin of course. My point is that Jimmy has new material according to his latest interview, he's been practicing his ass off, he's got JPJ and Jason aboard - but probably no Robert - what is he (Jimmy) to do?

I say put a Band out there - call it what you will, and PLAY!

I LOVE throwing a stone into a quiet pond...No, Jimmy wouldn't have to call it Led Zeppelin of course. My point is that Jimmy has new material according to his latest interview, he's been practicing his ass off, he's got JPJ and Jason aboard - but probably no Robert - what is he (Jimmy) to do?

I say put a Band out there - call it what you will, and PLAY!

I agree. ;)

Jimmy can call up Terry Reid and say "listen, man, that singer you recommended just didn't work out in the end...the gig is still open to you"

reminds me of Bob Newhart

:lol: nice one... and not such a bad idea either :)

I can't imagine Jimmy continuing Zep without Bonzo AND Robert. But if Jimmy and JPJ did something together, uhhh, hell yeah I'd go!!

You said it. Bring it on (home)!

Nirvana, why do you suppose I think you enjoy smacking hornet nests with a stick? Why

am I going to take my swing and say David Coverdale remains on Jimmy's Christmas

Card List? :)

I see no reason why Jimmy, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham could not continue without Robert Plant. HOWEVER, there is NO WAY they would do so as "Led Zeppelin". Doing so would relegate them to Spinal Tap status overnight, like Van Halen with Gary Cherone.

Yes, 'No Way' it should be called 'Led Zeppelin', but also yes to JP, JPJ and JB continuing on. Foreigner can find another drummer anywhere.

I think what I meant was that, even though they wouldn't call it Led Zeppelin officially, I would still think it odd for them to play Zeppelin songs.

For some reason, I find it more normal for Jimmy to play with the Black Crowes and do Zeppelin songs than for Jimmy/John Paul Jones/Jason Bonham to do Zeppelin songs without Robert.

Why is that?

I don't really understand that, since all of them do Zep without the others. For me, they can play whatever they want as long as they don't call it Led Zeppelin. I think whatever JP/JPJ/JB do would be much better than the Black Crowes and JP project. I really like the Black Crowes, but the official release of that, despite being right on, just kind of falls flat for me. I really want to hear those three put together new tunes. They can mix it up with Zep stuff live and they would be great.

I don't think it is or should be called Led Zeppelin without Bonzo, personally, nevermind Robert.

If Page and Jones did make new music that'd be great, but for heaven's sake pick a new name.

YES!

I think 'Sons of Thunder' has already been thrown out there,

by Mr. Plant himself, in fact. That would be fitting,

for Robert to give the new band its name and then move on to his own deal. :)

I agree. ;)

Me Too... I think. :)

I think 'Sons of Thunder' has already been thrown out there,

by Mr. Plant himself, in fact. That would be fitting,

for Robert to give the new band its name and then move on to his own deal. :)

I don't think Jimmy, the eldest of them, would take kindly to Robert, the youngest,

dubbing him Son of anything, particularly a band he would not be a part of. It's all

over but the shouting for Led Zeppelin? :D

Plant was pissed when Page got on with Coverdale, so at this point and at their ages I don't feel Page would do it anyway under the name Zeppelin without Robert.

That would be an insult to the fans and Bob too, it will never happen.

There is no Led Zeppelin without Robert. There can be one without John Bonham

Not according to their statement of December 4, 1980. I don't see why Bonzo should be any less important. He was so much more than just another drummer. To me Led Zeppelin was those four individuals and always will be.

They did break up the most successful act of all time due to Bonham, it is Jason Bonham that was pissed at Robert for not getting back on man.

He wanted to carry on for his Father and that is deserved and due to him and his family and all the fans and the band.

They did break up the most successful act of all time due to Bonham, it is Jason Bonham that was pissed at Robert for not getting back on man.

He wanted to carry on for his Father and that is deserved and due to him and his family and all the fans and the band.

Can you clarify a bit. Are you saying Jason wanted to take over for Bonzo in 1980?? He was like 14! And I don't think being his son gives Jason the 'right' to fill in. I'm glad it is him, I think he's a great choice. But son or no son, it's up to the three remaining members to choose and they alone, IMHO.

Not in 80 man, Jason was pissed for the last few years, he made a statement in an interview that "it had to be Robert's way" meaning that he was pissed that Robert was holding up the band getting back together.

Jason has been hinting for at least 7 years that he wanted to get back, he and Robert have been taking shots at each other in the press on this matter for years also.

Robert shot back that "John Bonham's kid is not as good as John Bonham" after he got wind of Jason's comments when asked if he was ever going to reunite.

Thanks for that clarification.

Personally I don't see where Jason comes off doing that. He was not a member of Zeppelin. The fact that his father was doesn't alter that fact. I don't think the others owed him anything. I think it's a bit crappy he would say that kind of stuff in the press. Maybe he was pissed he didn't get asked for Page/Plant? If that went down, I'm more astounded than ever that they are doing it and that Jason is in.

And while I think Jason is a great drummer and the best choice, Robert's right. He ain't as good as his dad. But then, no one is so that's no shame. ;)

When it comes to a reunion I think that each of the remaining members should have an absolute veto vote, and if it was one person always saying no so be it. I don't think it's fair to villify Robert. He had a good thing going and wanted to continue with it.

What it boils down to is, this is supposed to be art. You can't force people to make art against their will.

I don't think Jimmy, the eldest of them, would take kindly to Robert, the youngest,

dubbing him Son of anything, particularly a band he would not be a part of. It's all

over but the shouting for Led Zeppelin? :D

I kind of like "Sons of Thunder", especially because Robert came up with the line. It's kind of like a tribute to how Led Zeppelin got it's name, from Keith Moon I recall.

Someone outside of the band naming them.

I think it would be fitting.

That may be so, but his vote can't force them to reform. And how does he ever think sniping in the press was going to help in any way?

Jason has been pissed for years after watching the Stones tour and making 100's of millions a year while Zeppelin was sitting back taking a back seat as a washed up band man.

Jason was quoted as saying that Zeppelin would blow the Stones away should they get back together and he has been right, too bad they waited all these years.

Taking shots at Robert were legitimate considering he was the one holding shit up for years going back to Page and Plant in the 90's.

Well we'll have to agree to disagree.

I think Robert had every right to 'hold shit up', personally. Especially if Jason only wanted to do it for the dosh. My other pioint was, however justified Jason felt, taking shots at someone in the press is only going to cause more animosity and make that person less likely to do what you want to do.

Page took a shit load of shots at Robert in the press too, like when Robert did not fly to LA for an award show a while back, they always have taken shots at each other in the press to send messages to each other, that is the nature of the business.

Archived