acdc

ACDC

okay if you like acdc then you should post here just saying what your favorite acdc song list is. Here's mine 1:highway to hell 2: back in black 3: for those about to rock 4: TNT 5: hells bells. 6:you shook me all night long 7: let there be rock 8:dirty deeds done dirt cheep 9: big balls 10:jailbreak

All your questions will be answered here.

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?showtopic=4670

As for AC/DC vs. Led Zeppelin.

No contest, it's Led Zeppelin first - daylight second.

AC/DC lost their "spark" when Bon passed away.

My best mate and I would virtually spend our weekends checking out bands, at Chequers in Sydney on Friday nights where they were the house band and played for hours and hours.

Saturday nights we would go to The Bondi Lifesaver, which was the mecca of all the best bands from Oz and elsewhere.

One night a band (you may be familiar with, GNR were), Rose Tattoo was playing and Angus and Bon Scott joined them for a set of classic rock 'n' roll tunes.

This is the AC/DC I like, not the show ponies who think thay need bells, cannons and locomotives breaking through walls to present their music.

I like Brian as a singer, one of my favourite albums back in the day was Geordies' Don't Be Fooled By the Name.

I was at the same concert where Bon Scott said he was impressed with the band and particularly Brian.

Back In Black was a step in the right direction, but was short lived and they went backwards after that.

Led Zeppelin had more creativity than AC/DC could ever dream to have.

No-one comes near them live.

The concert I saw, well, there wasn't even a light show!

Sometimes less is more.

They along with Pink Floyd created "Stadium Rock Shows" complete with images, mirror balls, pyrotechnics, dry ice, fog / smoke machines, lighting banks, and of course Jimmy's laser beams and all the time with subtley and class.

First and foremost this is a Led Zeppelin forum, so while it won't be all one sided you should expect some sort of backlash when you go on about how this band is better than

that band.

Particularly when it's anti-Zeppelin, or the members therein.

Welcome.

Enjoy your stay but just try to keep everything in perspective.

Edited by Reggie29

From the original thread.

Big AC/DC fan here, same as X in that Led Zeppelin and AC/DC are my two most favorite bands. I have to say that I enjoy the Bon Scott material far more than Brian, well not far more just more because I do like Brian for keeping AC/DC alive after Bon Scott sadly passed away and I like a good number of his songs and albums. Brian's vocals can sometimes be great and sometimes I'm not in the mood for his style of vocals. Whereas I can always enjoy a Bon Scott song. Just like Led Zeppelin with Bon Scott every song was great, no fillers. The recently released album Black Ice is a great album done by the boys and Brian was great. Even at their age they are far superior to any new band out there live or of studio work. My favorite albums include:

High Voltage, Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap... all of Bon Scott's albums and from Brian Johnson it would be Back In Black and Black Ice.

Something to add is AC/DC a lot of their magic once Bon Scott tragically died and when Phill Rudd was fired. Great band.

so that would have been around 78/79? any stories you can share?

Yeah a few, though for the most part I was usually drunk and / or stoned!

I'll have to get back to you on that!

They played extensively during that time, sometimes four or five gigs a week.

okay if you like acdc then you should post here just saying what your favorite acdc song list is. Here's mine 1:highway to hell 2: back in black 3: for those about to rock 4: TNT 5: hells bells. 6:you shook me all night long 7: let there be rock 8:dirty deeds done dirt cheep 9: big balls 10:jailbreak

How's it going "ACDC?" It is really hard for me to choose a favorite song especially since I love all of AC/DC's songs and albums. My favorite album is the "Back In Black" album from 1980. In my opinion, the "Black In Black" album is Brian Johnson's Eulogy to the late great Bon Scott. "Hells Bells" is without a doubt, Brian Johnson's all out Eulogy to Bon Scott. Why, because Robert Plant sang about a Stairway To Heaven, Bon Scott sang about a Highway To hell and Brian Johnson sang about Hells Bells. My favorite song on the "Black In Black" album is "You Shook me All night Long." ROCK ON!

Thanks, dear! B)

QUOTE (ACDC @ Dec 29 2008, 10:56 AM) post_snapback.gif

real funy xtaxy

LMFAO! :lol::lol::lol:

I see your girlfriend got themselves banned. :o

BTW it had nothing to do with me.

I never got to read any of your / their pearls of wisdom as they were taken down quicker than a brides nightgown on her wedding night.

PM me if you like.

Edited by Reggie29

• 2 years later...