what song started you on Zeppelin?

walrus15427

Back in the day I listened to mostly AM radio, so the only Zeppelin I knew was Stairway. But that didn't get me really into the band. In the early 80's I moved to the big time to FM and the songs that began the fanaticism with this phenomenal and extremeley seminal band were "Dazed and Confused" and "In The Evening". I supposed it was Jimmy's solos and the power of the band itself. "Kashmir" followed soon after.

This marks my 1,000th post on this unbelievable forum!

:hurrah::party::banana::chickeddance::yay::toast:

Im 39 I can remember enjoying Black Dog, while in the car with mom since Ive become a Zep Freak, and since I remember, dont know why, driving with my uncle and watching him tap fingers on the steering wheel to Fool In The Rain, and liking the song, musta been 8-10???? Remember hearing Zeppelin IV as a lad, still remember at a family party my older cousin, just stopping what she was doing, sitting down, and singing along to Stairway To Heaven?

But driving round with some older friends at 16 in 1996, with some great weed, Led Zeppelin I was playing on the cassette deck, and How Many More Times, just ENGULFED me!!!!!!!! Never looked at music the same way again, LOL Dont do drugs kids!

Back in the day I listened to mostly AM radio, so the only Zeppelin I knew was Stairway. But that didn't get me really into the band. In the early 80's I moved to the big time to FM and the songs that began the fanaticism with this phenomenal and extremeley seminal band were "Dazed and Confused" and "In The Evening". I supposed it was Jimmy's solos and the power of the band itself. "Kashmir" followed soon after.

This marks my 1,000th post on this unbelievable forum!

:hurrah::party::banana::chickeddance::yay::toast:

Congratulations Super Dave! :toast:

We have been missing you!

I was wondering when you were going to make that 1000 post! :lol:

Im 39 I can remember enjoying Black Dog, while in the car with mom since Ive become a Zep Freak, and since I remember, dont know why, driving with my uncle and watching him tap fingers on the steering wheel to Fool In The Rain, and liking the song, musta been 8-10???? Remember hearing Zeppelin IV as a lad, still remember at a family party my older cousin, just stopping what she was doing, sitting down, and singing along to Stairway To Heaven?

But driving round with some older friends at 16 in 1996, with some great weed, Led Zeppelin I was playing on the cassette deck, and How Many More Times, just ENGULFED me!!!!!!!! Never looked at music the same way again, LOL Dont do drugs kids!

Zep IV was the first record I heard in tow. My brother had it and I would "borrow" it from him when he wasn't around and blast it constantly.

Congratulations Super Dave! :toast:

We have been missing you!

I was wondering when you were going to make that 1000 post! :lol:

Just got away from the forum for a couple of weeks with all the holiday stuff etc. Probably needed a break too. Certain threads can get to you with all the redundancy of them. We all know which ones.Purposely left it at 999 for a good post to make.

Thanks for the toast.

Have one on me! :beer:

And maybe another! :beer:

And after that... :beer:

Three hours later... :burp::drunk:

it wasnt just a song it was my friends urging me to listen to this band called led zeppelin.. so i did and it mite have been kashmir im not sure and i felt i was in another world listening to kashmir.. and from then on i was hooked.. the shivers i get when i listen to the zep cant be explained in words.. and i am very thankful to my friends for getting me to become a zeppelin fan.

it wasnt just a song it was my friends urging me to listen to this band called led zeppelin.. so i did and it mite have been kashmir im not sure and i felt i was in another world listening to kashmir.. and from then on i was hooked.. the shivers i get when i listen to the zep cant be explained in words.. and i am very thankful to my friends for getting me to become a zep fan

it wasnt just a song it was my friends urging me to listen to this band called led zeppelin.. so i did and it mite have been kashmir im not sure and i felt i was in another world listening to kashmir.. and from then on i was hooked.. the shivers i get when i listen to the zep cant be explained in words.. and i am very thankful to my friends for getting me to become a zep fan

From Houses of the Holy (1973) as I remember it. My favorites at that time where, "Dancing Days," and "The Crunge." I was probably 14 or 15 the first time I heard it. I had two older brothers in the house. I think I liked Dancing Days because of it's fun, kind of kid friendly melody and The Crunge, because I also was into funk music, like Sly and the Family Stone........anybody remember? I layed on our living room carpet listening to my brother's albums on my dad's precious turntable and stereo with the humongous headphones on to get the total experience!! Also listened to some Janis, Hendrix and others too, like Traffic and other's.

From Houses of the Holy (1973) as I remember it. My favorites at that time where, "Dancing Days," and "The Crunge." I was probably 14 or 15 the first time I heard it. I had two older brothers in the house. I think I liked Dancing Days because of it's fun, kind of kid friendly melody and The Crunge, because I also was into funk music, like Sly and the Family Stone........anybody remember? I layed on our living room carpet listening to my brother's albums on my dad's precious turntable and stereo with the humongous headphones on to get the total experience!! Also listened to some Janis, Hendrix and others too, like Traffic and other's.

Love Sly and the Family Stone! Good to have older siblings to introduce us to some great music as did mine.

Song, Whole Lotta Love. Album, Zep 2. My brother had this album in like 76 when I was 7. I wore it out, until I started asking for Zeppelin albums for Christmas and Birthdays. My 1st Zep album that I asked for was Physical Graffiti. It blew me away. The very next album that had a huge impact on the way I viewed Led Zeppelin was The Song Remains The Same. That was the 1st time hearing them live. Dazed and Confused! At that point, it really registered that there was NO band out there that could even come close to the power of Zeppelin.

I can say the first song I ever heard of LZ was Starway to Heaven, but I must admit I just liked it, not loved it, and then came Since I've been loving you which I totally loved, and then Immigrant Song, then I couldn't stop listening to Zeppelin, it was probably 10 years ago... man I'm old :o I was 15 then... and probably 4 or 5 songs more was all I knew about Zepp.

But I can say I'm totally in love with the band since last year, knowing more about their music and the band, collecting photos and cds... I can blame my mom for introducing their music to me, and some really cool classic rock bands, I'll always love and thank her for that!!! :hug:

I am pretty sure it was Boogie With Stu on the radio, back in 1975, and I was ten. I already knew that they were a hard rock band, so I figured it was an unusual thing for them to do, but I used to like things like that back then. For example I loved all the odd little old-fashioned songs Queen used to do at the time. Well, I just loved Robert's vocals. The piano was obviously great as well, but I guess I did not give that much thought back then, and didn't even know who Ian Stewart was.

Archived