"The J. Geils Band Thread"

Dzldoc

I have a feeling this is how it's going to end for all the bands of my youth...in acrimony and in court.

Which is why I still seek out new bands; so I don't have to worry about the old farts and their lawyers.

Edited by Strider

• 4 years later...

Sad end to an underrated musician....and seemingly so unassuming. I mean, the band was named after him but Peter Wolf clearly was the front man and garnered most of the attention, yet J. Geils didn't seem to mind. At least in the old days before the court cases. I even met people who thought Peter Wolf was J. Geils.

You had to see them live...and preferably in the 1970s. The J. Geils Band was the very definition of a "better in concert than on record" band. Straight outta Worcester, Mass. I hope docron finally saw the light and realized this band was so much more than the hokey "Freeze Frame".

Edited by Strider

Sad new for sure, a very underrated band. Their live shows in the 70's was something to witness. I really hope this group won't be remembered for "Freeze Frame" or "Centerfold" when they had so many better songs. I hope they are remembered for "Ain't Nothin' But A Party", "Give It To Me", "Looking For A Love",  to name a few.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Badgeholder Still said:

Man we drove from El Paso to Phoenix (6 hours) with The Morning After and Cheech -n- Chongs  Up in Smoke 8 track  . 8track -VS- AM radio . wwyd? 

Edited by Wally Hood
atted dext

12 minutes ago, Wally Hood said:

Man we drove from El Paso to Phoenix (6 hours) with The Morning After and Cheech -n- Chongs  Up in Smoke 8 track  . 8track -VS- AM radio . wwyd? 

Seems like the only option would be to light up with Cheech N Chong then get down with the J.Geils Band.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Just as I got to the ticket window at the LA Forum in 1979, they sold out. It was a spur of the moment, but loved J. Geils Band. So my buddy and I hoped the fence where roadies were unloading the equipment. It was an ice plant covered hillside, that led to a concrete ramp. We slid, tumbled and got road rash and obviously busted by the band. They were laughing so hard at us, they said "you want to see us that bad, you deserve it" They let us go backstage for the whole concert! And of course we knew every song. Magic Dick on that harmonica, a night I will never forget. I also saw Led Zeppelin there twice.