BONHAM READY FOR LED ZEPPELIN THIS TIME

robertkincaid96

News - Music, movie, Entertainment

BONHAM READY FOR LED ZEPPELIN THIS TIME

Print article

Refer to a friend

Movie & Entertainment News provided by World Entertainment News Network (www.wenn.com)

2007-12-03 00:42:27 -

LED ZEPPELIN star JASON BONHAM was thrilled to get another chance to honour his father, the band's original drummer JOHN BONHAM - because he wasn't prepared for his last supergroup show.

The rockers reformed for secret rehearsals this summer (07), and Bonham admits he feared the group would sound rusty after years spent apart - but the get together was an emotional and musical success.

And he's glad he turned up ready to rock this time after playing poorly with his late father's former bandmates when he joined them for a set at the Atlantic Records 40th Anniversary Concert in New York in 1998.

Bonham, who is now Foreigner's full-time drummer, reveals his performance at that reunion was lazy and he's keen to make amends when the supergroup performs at the Ahmet Ertegun tribute concert later this month (Dec07) in London.

He tells Rolling Stone magazine, "I took it for granted... and didn't do my homework." Singer Robert Plant admits he too was a little disappointed with Bonham's attitude and performance at the 1998 show.

He explains, "When Jason was younger and more juvenile, he thought (playing in Zeppelin) was a hereditary situation. But now, Jason knows that not only is he the right guy for this... he's changing it." Bassist John Paul Jones adds, "Jason has an encyclopedic recall of every live bootleg and studio outtake."

Link

I think they have the dates wrong, the reunion was at the Atlantic Records show in 1988 and they were fantastic, that version of Kashmir was the best ever in my book.

You are correct, the year was 88. The rest of your comment is your opinion. An insane one, none the less.

You are correct, the year was 88. The rest of your comment is your opinion. An insane one, none the less.

Have you watched the video from that show, it kicks ass, Kashmir was spectacular, it was raw, Plant sounded fantastic even though he missed a verse, so did Page, I saw the show live on TV and recorded it off the FM simulcast, the version is great, the only other version that may be better is Knebworth (Bonzo's spectacular performance on drums in that one) or the DVD version which was done in their prime in the mid 70's.

Have you watched the video from that show, it kicks ass, Kashmir was spectacular, it was raw, Plant sounded fantastic even though he missed a verse, so did Page, I saw the show live on TV and recorded it off the FM simulcast, the version is great, the only other version that may be better is Knebworth (Bonzo's spectacular performance on drums in that one) or the DVD version which was done in their prime in the mid 70's.

I watched it yes. It was horrible. Robert missed his cue and missed the lyric placement. It was a total botch job.

I watched it yes. It was horrible. Robert missed his cue and missed the lyric placement. It was a total botch job.

Bullshit, it was fantastic, ask any fan that was at the show or watched it in 88 or has the audio recording and has put it on an equalizer.

Bullshit, it was fantastic, ask any fan that was at the show or watched it in 88 or has the audio recording and has put it on an equalizer.

I watched it live. I also listened to it again remixed. I know the keyboards where lost in the feed, It's a fucking horrible version. The band themselves had said this. To call it the best ever is asinine.

No you're asinine for sure, without a doubt you are an ass man!

Plant has said all of Zeppelin's reunions were bad, he said Live Aid sucked, they said Atlantic sucked, but they are full of shit, thinking they could make a one time gig sound as good as they were in their prime.

The fans loved it man, Atlantic 88 was great, I still listen to it to this day, you are just a follower talking shit man.

No you're asinine for sure, without a doubt you are an ass man!

Plant has said all of Zeppelin's reunions were bad, he said Live Aid sucked, they said Atlantic sucked, but they are full of shit, thinking they could make a one time gig sound as good as they were in their prime.

The fans loved it man, Atlantic 88 was great, I still listen to it to this day, you are just a follower talking shit man.

Dude seriously. Put down the crack pipe and step back into the real world. They sucked. Everyone knows it but you. Heartbreaker, was just that. I love Led Zeppelin yes, but I am not deaf, and can tell when something sounds like crap. Let me put to you this way, That night I threw a bottle though my TV set, thats how disappointed I was. Now I know there were glitches with live TV and all that junk, but jimmy was shit that night, and he admits it. And it broke my heart. I am over it, but for you to say that Kashmir from 88 is the best version ever? Crack kills brother.

You're an idiot man, nothing you say means a thing to anyone but yourself, face it.

Now tell us how old you really are kid.

This coming from Kashmir bob. The rocket scientist who thinks the 88 version of Kashmir is the best.

Your opinions speak volumes.

Fine, but why shake the trees of life long Zeppelin fans who were in high school when Zep was in their prime and lived their teen years with and grew up in the Zeppelin era.

Don't you think you guys can learn from them, I will be 49 next May man, I lived Led Zeppelin, they were my favorite band in high school.

I've learned a lot from all kinds of Zep fans of all ages and levels of experience. They were my favorite band in high school, too, but my first chance to see them live would have been the 1980 tour.

Arrogance is never becoming.

Fine, but why shake the trees of life long Zeppelin fans who were in high school when Zep was in their prime and lived their teen years with and grew up in the Zeppelin era.

Don't you think you guys can learn from them, I will be 49 next May man, I lived Led Zeppelin, they were my favorite band in high school.

Bob, with respect to this board, yea i'm a wise ass, No I am not 20, I am around 40. Happy now?

I could give two fucks how many times you have seen Led Zeppelin or who you think you are. If I was 13, my opinion of you saying that the 88 live version of Kashmir is Zeppelin at its best. Is flat out, No questions asked, fucking retarded. And no matter how many Zeppelin shows, or who you think you are in "the business", or what you think of me, or if you have blown Robert a thousand times, is going to change that.

You are a clown to say the Atlantic Records 88 performance sucked, that is the bottom line man !!!

Watch the films on the show and actually listen to the music instead of the filth that pours out of your mind and mouth.

Bob, can you read? I have seen the shit show. I hope never to see it again. One of the lowest points in the bands history. Maybe it's something other then crack that has caused you to be delusional?

And that is why I know you have no taste in music also, nor have you listened to much Zeppelin live bootlegs in your entire life.

You got me. I give. You win Bob, I never have listened to any "much" Zeppelin bootlegs in my entire life. You know all.

We good now?

Archived