Rehearsals at Manticore Studios, early 1977

Otto Masson

9 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Interesting that Page looks reasonably healthy, esp. in comparison to his ghastly and emaciated appearance in America just a few months later.  

That's because he adopted a no solid foods diet on the first leg of that tour. Everything went through a blender he kept in his hotel room.  

13 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

That's because he adopted a no solid foods diet on the first leg of that tour. Everything went through a blender he kept in his hotel room.  

I'm sure that didn't help, but he looked like shit through all legs of the tour.  And didn't he supposedly eat ribs at some place in Chicago before he got "sick"?

14 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

I recall reading an interview with Jimmy in Circus Magazine during the 1977  tour, "Jimmy Page Files His Report".  Jimmy said he was living on banana daquiris and protein powder.

19 hours ago, John M said:

I recall reading an interview with Jimmy in Circus Magazine during the 1977  tour, "Jimmy Page Files His Report".  Jimmy said he was living on banana daquiris and protein powder.

Doubtless more daquiri than protein.

• 1 month later...

Archived