JIMMY CONSIDERING ROCK HALL OF FAME EVENT

SteveAJones

Great song thanks for that.

My pleasure. I want to share this as much as possible. Being at that show and seeing Jimmy for the first time is such a fond memory for me. When I came across this footage a couple of weeks ago for the first time, I couldn't believe it. I never knew pro-shot footage of this concert existed. I thought only London had been filmed. You never know what you can find on YouTube. A lot of gems and sometimes your amazed. The sky's the limit! Considering his state at the time, I thought Jimmy played rather well.

My pleasure. I want to share this as much as possible. Being at that show and seeing Jimmy for the first time is such a fond memory for me. When I came across this footage a couple of weeks ago for the first time, I couldn't believe it. I never knew pro-shot footage of this concert existed. I thought only London had been filmed. You never know what you can find on YouTube. A lot of gems and sometimes your amazed. The sky's the limit! Considering his state at the time, I thought Jimmy played rather well.

Videos from any show are always a great thing to have but it's really something when it's one you were actually at, especially in this case - first time seeing Jimmy etc.

The set of tickets that I posted that were on ebay sold for $599.00.

I see there are lots of tickets listed now.

I hope everyone here who wanted tickets got them.

Cleveland is going to be rockin' for sure. We can start to make par-tay plans!

I will be there..(member seats)along with another Hotel maid B)

I don't know where my seats are..I wont see them for a few weeks. Those Ebay tickets are ones purchased from the walk up sale at the Hall. Curious to see how those sales play out. Makes me want to really enjoy my set of $35 member seats :D:D:D

<---member #19..holy shit I'm out from the rock

I will be there..(member seats)along with another Hotel maid B)

I don't know where my seats are..I wont see them for a few weeks. Those Ebay tickets are ones purchased from the walk up sale at the Hall. Curious to see how those sales play out. Makes me want to really enjoy my set of $35 member seats :D:D:D

<---member #19..holy shit I'm out from the rock

Hello zepenita, member number 19. :)

Glad that you got tickets also!

Why don't you post more often?

I am sure that you can bring some insightful information to the forum!

Thanks...I go to just about all the RRHoF stuff. The Les Paul show was great ..wasn't it

Being the first year they are allowing the public..well I'm there. With or without Jimmy Page. He's not my reason for going, it would however, be icing on the cake

This place just doesn't thrill me like it used to...feel free to pick my brain.. :lol::lol:

So, did the Toronto crew get tickets? I would love to arrange a get together. I want to reserve a table at the Hard Rock for everyone.

I need to know who is interested.

PM me.

If anyone will be in Cleveland early, let me know that as well. We will be there on Friday morning through Sunday afternoon.

Yes, (WARNING: Sexist pig mode now ON): she has quite a body (played bra-less w/Beck at Crossroads Festival in 2007) ... BUT MAN, CAN SHE PLAY SOME KILLER BASS!! It takes a lot of talent to jam with someone like Jeff Beck!

http://k43.pbase.com/o6/90/147390/1/840634...297e7x5copy.jpg

Thanks for the links. I fell into the sexist pig mode with you - very nice indeed! I have read some good stuff about her playing from some people who saw them in Australia recently on another site. Said Beck was amazing and that she was right there with him! B)

Thanks for the links. I fell into the sexist pig mode with you - very nice indeed! I have read some good stuff about her playing from some people who saw them in Australia recently on another site. Said Beck was amazing and that she was right there with him! B)

She is a stunning player for sure. Notice the baby powder on Jeff Beck's hands. He's being doing that for years and really does help your fretting if you've been sweating.

• 3 weeks later...
So, did the Toronto crew get tickets? I would love to arrange a get together. I want to reserve a table at the Hard Rock for everyone.

I need to know who is interested.

PM me.

If anyone will be in Cleveland early, let me know that as well. We will be there on Friday morning through Sunday afternoon.

We're still waiting for real details , for me personally I am not making the trip without a JP appearance.

The JP Online information looks reliable , but further confirmation is still needed.

CheerZ

Thanks for the info Buck'eye'doc!

My sister and I were just talking about the Aerosmith connection last night. We thought perhaps they may be there for Run DMC.

I hope the JPOnline site is reliable.

Now I am thinking about who will give the speech for Metallica? Any guesses?

Thanks for the info Buck'eye'doc!

My sister and I were just talking about the Aerosmith connection last night. We thought perhaps they may be there for Run DMC.

I hope the JPOnline site is reliable.

Now I am thinking about who will give the speech for Metallica? Any guesses?

Maybe Dave Mustaine! :lol:

(You know that he was kicked out of Metallica and later joined Megadeath?)

aen27 just posted this link on another thread:

http://www.futurerocklegends.com/blog_file..._Jeff_Beck.html

Thanks for the info!

This is wonderful news!! Can't wait till the Hall of Fame comes on, I will be glued to my TV set. :D

I also think it is cool that Aerosmith is inducting Run D.M.C. Should be an interesting show.

Oh, and where's Eric?

Eric Clapton & Steve Winwood -

North American Tour Announced:

June 2009

10 - East Rutherford, NJ - Izod Center

12 - Philadelphia, PA - Wachovia Center

13 - Washington, DC - Verizon Center

15 - Columbus, OH - Schottenstein Center

17 - Chicago, IL - United Center

18 - St. Paul, MN - Xcel Energy Center

20 - Omaha, NE - Qwest Center

21 - Denver, CO - Pepsi Center

23 - Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center

24 - Houston, TX - Toyota Center

26 - Glendale, AZ - Jobing.com Arena

27 - Las Vegas, NV - MGM Grand Arena

29 - Oakland, CA - Oracle Arena

30 - Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Bowl

Maybe Dave Mustaine! :lol:

(You know that he was kicked out of Metallica and later joined Megadeath?)

That was my first thought too. Ha! Poor Dave.... they probably did ask him, just to rub it in.

• 2 weeks later...
Eric Clapton & Steve Winwood -

North American Tour Announced:

June 2009

10 - East Rutherford, NJ - Izod Center

12 - Philadelphia, PA - Wachovia Center

13 - Washington, DC - Verizon Center

15 - Columbus, OH - Schottenstein Center

17 - Chicago, IL - United Center

18 - St. Paul, MN - Xcel Energy Center

20 - Omaha, NE - Qwest Center

21 - Denver, CO - Pepsi Center

23 - Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center

24 - Houston, TX - Toyota Center

26 - Glendale, AZ - Jobing.com Arena

27 - Las Vegas, NV - MGM Grand Arena

29 - Oakland, CA - Oracle Arena

30 - Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Bowl

Hmph - totally avoiding the southeastern U.S., as is Jeff Beck's tour. Do they suddenly have an aversion to us rednecks or something? B)

Archived