JIMMY CONSIDERING ROCK HALL OF FAME EVENT

SteveAJones

I heard today on Sirius Satelite Radio channel 14, which is broadcasted from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, that the presenters for the induction ceremony will be announced next week.

I got my tickets delivered in the mail on Saturday. I can't go due to another commitment for the weekend that I can't get out of, but my oldest son and a friend are attending, mainly to see Metallica. They will be staying at the Marriott at Key Center.

My one possibe chance to see Jimmy and I can't go! It is killing me! :lol:

Hmph - totally avoiding the southeastern U.S., as is Jeff Beck's tour. Do they suddenly have an aversion to us rednecks or something? B)

Maybe they will add some dates in the fall. June is the beginning of hurricane season and they may be avoiding possible cancellations?

I was fortunate enough to sit 30ft from Eric Clapton at the HOB in New Orleans when he toured during his blues album release B) Great! show.

• 2 weeks later...

On April 4, 2009, the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony will take place in Cleveland for the first time since 1997. It will also be simulcast live on Fuse TV.

Guitarist Jeff Beck is to be enshrined, and he has asked an old friend who also plays guitar, a certain Jimmy Page, if he would give an induction speech at this event. As we all know, annual induction ceremony always culminates in a jam!

Jimmy is giving due consideration to Jeff's request.

Oh, and where's Eric?

It was an April morning when they told us we should go

And as I turned to you, you smiled at me, how could we say no?

- Achilles Last Stand

I'll believe it when I see it....

Has anyone heard any more about JP at the Induction? Was it just a rumour? I have tickets but I don't know that I want to go unless Jimmy is there in the flesh. Stop now ...

It will be great if Jimmy does indeed attend. I'll have a good time anyway. It's going to be a once in a lifetime chance to attend the Induction Ceremonies. This is the first time that the General Public have been able to attend.

I hope the Toronto folks do decide to come. I know that they can party in Toronto!

The RRHOF is due to announce the presenters any day now.

It would be fantastic if Jimmy attends.

But as Zeppland said, this is the first time that the induction ceremony has been open to the general public, and the first time that it has been held in Cleveland. It is a once in a lifetime chance to be part of rock and roll histroy.

And at least you will get to see Jeff Beck and Metallica!

Well, thank you all for the encouragement to attend. Good news is that the boss won't be coming to town so weekend can be free. Now if the Rock'n Roll Hall of Fame would only confirm the list, that would be the go to find me some airline tickets. But, what's taking them so long to confirm? I called them this week and they said they should finalize soon. Seriously, if you're out there Jimmy, Jeff Beck, Yardbirds ... what's to think about?

Well, thank you all for the encouragement to attend. Good news is that the boss won't be coming to town so weekend can be free. Now if the Rock'n Roll Hall of Fame would only confirm the list, that would be the go to find me some airline tickets. But, what's taking them so long to confirm? I called them this week and they said they should finalize soon. Seriously, if you're out there Jimmy, Jeff Beck, Yardbirds ... what's to think about?

...that would be lovely and they could remain together, I would like that....

:D

I think you should make plans to go either way. This will be a once in a lifetime chance.

For anyone that has never been there, this venue is very small.

I've been to events there before and no matter where your seats are, you'll have a great view.

I think you should make plans to go either way. This will be a once in a lifetime chance.

For anyone that has never been there, this venue is very small.

I've been to events there before and no matter where your seats are, you'll have a great view.

Well, time to decide is soon. Sounds like it could be a very fun time. OK, you're convincing me, Zeppland!

At best.... do you really really think that Jimmy's playing slot will be anything but some rhythm guitar parts, volume mixed down, with just a few bars of lead somehere in the night ? ? ?

Just saying what I think will come down, if he's part of a finale jam..

I think I know how these things are staged.

But, it will be good to see Jim out for the evening! I plan on watching.

Has Jimmy ever jammed with Metallica before ?

Led Zeppelin Rules !!

Not to go all OT, but how the hell is it that Run DMC gets into the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame and yet far, far worthier bands like Yes and Moody Blues are never even nominated? It's against God 'n nature, I'm telling you...

Not to go all OT, but how the hell is it that Run DMC gets into the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame and yet far, far worthier bands like Yes and Moody Blues are never even nominated? It's against God 'n nature, I'm telling you...

Agreed. that's why when black sabbath......finally....................got inducted.......

they refused to play. they sat in the audience and watched the guys from metallica and i think rage against the machine play sabbath songs. which in itself was absolutely fantastic, especially since they played the obscure "hole in the sky" instead of just the favorite commercial songs.

It really seems ridiculous to met but since I don't have the bucks to build the building and start the HOF myself i have to accept it. It's also like when donna summer won best female rock vocalist at the grammy's. You have to say to yourself WTF??

Run DMC is just as worthy as the Moody Blues IMO.

OMG!! So he really IS going to go!! DAMN--now I wish I was going!! Hmmmmm... :Thinking: ...wonder if it's too late to pull this off?? Who all from here is going to this, for sure, now??

Thanks!

Sharon

Is this for real. Someone pinch me ... ok, I am so there!!

I've seen all kinds of tickets posted for this event ... yes, you can do it!

We're going to be at the Marriott ... does anyone know how close that is to the venue? Walking distance I think.

So little time, so much to do .... hope to meet you all there!!!!

Is this for real. Someone pinch me ... ok, I am so there!!

I've seen all kinds of tickets posted for this event ... yes, you can do it!

We're going to be at the Marriott ... does anyone know how close that is to the venue? Walking distance I think.

So little time, so much to do .... hope to meet you all there!!!!

Yes, the Marriott is very close to Public Hall. You will be within walking distance for sure. Don't depend on Cabs in Cleveland. Check with the hotel, many Cleveland hotels have vans for transportation in the downtown area. You most likely won't need it, the Public Square area is close to just about anything you need. Hard Rock, Tower City, House of Blues. Some nice restaurants as well. If you have any other questions, just ask.

BTW: I am still freaking out that Jimmy is actually going to be there!

Yes, the Marriott is very close to Public Hall. You will be within walking distance for sure. Don't depend on Cabs in Cleveland. Check with the hotel, many Cleveland hotels have vans for transportation in the downtown area. You most likely won't need it, the Public Square area is close to just about anything you need. Hard Rock, Tower City, House of Blues. Some nice restaurants as well. If you have any other questions, just ask.

BTW: I am still freaking out that Jimmy is actually going to be there!

Thanks for the info, Zeppland.

Do you think there is a chance that Jimmy is going to perform? I think some are hesitating to go because it's a bit of a hike (not to mention the cost) and if Jimmy's there's for all of two minutes, well you know where this is going. What's your take on it?

I know, it's too good to be true. Jimmy is going to be in Cleveland on April 4th - how cool is that?

Archived