JIMMY CONSIDERING ROCK HALL OF FAME EVENT

SteveAJones

Jimmy Page and Eminem appearing together - now I'm really really liking this!! :)

It's high time he did away with pop tarts and bandwagon riders. Eminem is one of the best rap artists. Innovative in hiphop as Jimmy Page is in rock. I'm so gonna watch this.

I know not a lot of peeps are keen on hip hop, but keeping in mind who really pioneered rock and roll and even jazz, I''m all for hiphop rock.

Way to Go Pontiac!

Thanks for the info, Zeppland.

Do you think there is a chance that Jimmy is going to perform? I think some are hesitating to go because it's a bit of a hike (not to mention the cost) and if Jimmy's there's for all of two minutes, well you know where this is going. What's your take on it?

I know, it's too good to be true. Jimmy is going to be in Cleveland on April 4th - how cool is that?

If I were to bet on it, I'd say Yes, I think Jimmy will play.

At least at the Jam at the end.

Past inductions indicate that the inductors usually play a tribute.

I think you'll kick yourself if you don't go.

There will be so much talent in that room, just to be there will be amazing.

If I were to bet on it, I'd say Yes, I think Jimmy will play.

At least at the Jam at the end.

Past inductions indicate that the inductors usually play a tribute.

I think you'll kick yourself if you don't go.

There will be so much talent in that room, just to be there will be amazing.

At first I thought, ok, if Jimmy plays, I'll go. But, now, who cares? He's gonna be there and that's good enough for me. Anything else is just icing on the cake. So excited! I actually called the RRHOF just to confirm for real and sure enough, yes, he is confirmed to present. The guy said Jimmy's been there before and he's really a nice guy ... I'm sure he is! :yesnod:

The guy said Jimmy's been there before and he's really a nice guy ... I'm sure he is! :yesnod:

Correct on both counts. Jimmy went there in it's opening year during the Page/Plant tour stop in Cleveland in Oct '95. When Page/Plant returned to Cleveland in '98 Jimmy went there on the off-day (July 2nd), arriving thru the back entrance at 5:30pm and staying until closing at 6pm. He's performed at Cleveland Public Hall with Led Zeppelin (10/24/69, 8/12/70, 9/12/70) as well as solo (10/19/88).

One week from tonite I'll be in my seat ready to rock!

It would be a blast to get together and hang out with some of the folks from here that are going.

Roll Call!

Not me, sadly, Zeppland--I'm still waiting to take my proper place behind you! :D Have a fantastic time, though.

Not me, sadly, Zeppland--I'm still waiting to take my proper place behind you! :D Have a fantastic time, though.

We will definately get together again someday! Hopefully we'll be next to each other! ;)

Here's some news from Cleveland! Metallica is bringing 200 ppl to the ceremony! wow!

One week from tonite I'll be in my seat ready to rock!

It would be a blast to get together and hang out with some of the folks from here that are going.

Roll Call!

Hi Zeppland,

I guess that you are elected to coordinate the get-together in Cleveland. :)

My son and his friend are interested in meeting up with the Led Zeppelin fans.

Anyone else interested?

Any suggestions?

I wish that I could be there.

I would love to meet up with our forum members sometime.

It is so exciting!

This is a great opportunity to be in such close proximity with Jimmy.

I can't believe that I am going to miss it.

Look who is going to Cleveland!

Hope he has good things to say about it.

He will get some great pictures at the induction.

I am glad that he is going, probably with Jimmy and to take photos of Metallica.

Welcome to Ohio, Ross.

Edited to say:

Fantastic pictures of the "Mighty Priest"!

I can not wait to see! I can not wait until Saturday anyway. I hope something is shown on fusetv's site and youtube.

Now I believe this event will be streamed on the net somewhere. I think it was called Fuse TV or something like that. Is that correct? If so could someone post the correct address, where the streaming will be coming from. Thanks and many more will appreciate it too.

Fuse chanenl is on our Direct Tv satelite, channel 339.

I have the TiVo set to record the show.

Looks like it is scheduled to run from 8 PM to 1 AM.

Be prepared everyone for a long night! Fantastic! :)

I don't know if they will broadcast it on the web.

I kind of doubt it since it will be live on tv.

Thanks Buckeye for the info. I'll check to see if my cable gets it. So many channels, not sure of them all.

If my cable company carries it, which it does, yours almost certainly does! :D It's quite a good source for the sort of shows that are now on VH1 Classic (which it doesn't carry :angry: ) too.

was i dreaming, or did i read on this forum that jimmy is going to be giving interviews at the RARHOF with "magazines" about his future plans ?

i thought i read that, but now i can't find it...... help please!

It was indeed mentioned that Jimmy would be in the States for the HoF induction and then probably do interviews with a variety of magazines. But the latter is not a publicly confirmed fact.

Archived