Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
BlackDog71

Favorite Zeppelin Ballad/Melodic song?

Favorite Zeppelin Ballad/Melodic song?  

217 members have voted

1. 1. Of the following, which is your favorite?

• Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You
    • Thank You
    • Since I've Been Loving You
    • The Rain Song
    • Going To California
    • Over The Hills and Far Away
    • All My Love
    • Bron-Yr-Aur
    • I'm Gonna Crawl
    • That's The Way

This was tough. The Rain Song is soooo beautiful and melodic, and I love the riff and harmonic guitars from Ten Years Gone. But ultimately it came down to Thank You because the guitar solos in the live versions (mainly BBC version) makes me cry. :tears::)

Oh god, I couldn't ever choose

:unsure: The Rain Song has made me cry but then Ten Years Gone made me cry too .~. I LOVE Babe i'm Gonna Leave You, That's the Way, and Thank You. And Going to California is just so melodic yet intense when it gets to the middle. . . . please don't make me choose!

Choosing one...That's tough.I'll go with Since I've been loving you.First time I heard it,it sounded like Robert really feels what he sings about.

Incredible.He deserves 1st place as the best vocalist.Stupid Rolling Stone magazine. :thumbdown:

From that list 'The Rain Song'

But others I love are Ten Years Gone, Stairway To Heaven, and Thank You :)

I voted for "That's the Way", but "The Rain Song" is a close second. I have several versions of both of those songs on my IPod. Love them!!

I chose That's The Way. It was tough for me choosing between that & Rain Song. I also love Ten Years Gone.

I'm Gonna Crawl, probably. Tea For One would have been my first choice had it been there.

I voted SIBLY. I've never heard a more painful sound, then Jimmy's guitar on the first outburst.

I also have a soft spot for I'm Gonna Crawl. An incredibly painful song, considering the time it was released, the combination of their original blues and newer keyboard sounds, and Plant's perfect delivery.

Since i've been loving you...

It's my favorite ballad... his intensity and emotion are incredible... simply the best!

I voted for it

I voted Since i've Been Loving You, but the rain song was my 2nd choice. The reason i picked SIBLY is because of the live version on How the West was Won

I voted Im gonna Crawl, the emotion coming out of this song is really incredible, then I would have chosen Tangerine and Down by the Seaside.

I like Since IBLY but, according to me that's not really a ballad, that's an excellent blues song though.

Got my vote in for Thank You. I plan to put that on a cd with a few other songs for my 25th wedding anniversary next year.

I voted for 'Since' because that song makes me swoon. It's hard to pick just one though. Thank You holds a special place in my heart. :P