Favorite Zeppelin Ballad/Melodic song?

BlackDog71

Favorite Zeppelin Ballad/Melodic song?  

221 members have voted

1. 1. Of the following, which is your favorite?

• Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You
    • Thank You
    • Since I've Been Loving You
    • The Rain Song
    • Going To California
    • Over The Hills and Far Away
    • All My Love
    • Bron-Yr-Aur
    • I'm Gonna Crawl
    • That's The Way

• 4 weeks later...

I voted for Since I've Been Loving You, but it was a total 'ermmmmm ok THAT one' choice! I love that song, but I also absolutely LOVE Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, Going to California, That's The Way........ ok all of them.

• 2 months later...

Babe I'm Gonna Leave You has been my favorite Zep song for at least 25 years. Ten Years Gone is my second favorite melody. Thank You would be my third favorite melody. Other melodies that make my top ten favorite Zep song list include Tangerine, Going To California and I'm Gonna Crawl... :) i love the melodies

edit for typo

what beach is that in your signature?

• 1 month later...

Ten Years Gone and Tangerine, neither of which is listed here. Of the ones listed, That's the Way, or maybe Bron-Yr-Aur.

I've never thought of OTHAFA or the 2 blues songs as ballads, or as being any more melodic than most Zep songs.

• 9 months later...

Man, it was a tie between Babe I'm Gonna Leave You & Since I've Been Loving You . . .

But Babe I'm Gonna Leave You has to win I think . . . there's just SO MUCH I love about this song!

One, the acoustic guitar in the beginning . . . the haunting yet peaceful rhythm.

. . . And later, there's the part that makes me want to jump!

Yes, there is magic in Babe I'm Gonna Leave You . . .

:wizard:

I seriously don't know how to answer this, soo many to choose from. But judging by the sheer effect it has on me I'll go for The Rain Song, but the live version from MSG 1973 (although the recorded version is great work as well). I do love listening to them all though..Sounds stupid I know :slapface:

I personally really love All my Love. Plant's voice really conveys the emotions of feeling love for a special person his young son who died.

Anyway I had trouble picking, but I went with All my Love.

Rain Song. Pure mellow bliss.

I have a problem with SIBLY being on the list. SIBLY is an ELECTRIC BLUES. It is dramatic, intense, extremely emotional...it is the antithesis of a ballad. You would not sing this to a child or a loved one as a lullaby.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived