Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
BlackDog71

Favorite Zeppelin Ballad/Melodic song?

Favorite Zeppelin Ballad/Melodic song?  

217 members have voted

1. 1. Of the following, which is your favorite?

• Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You
    • Thank You
    • Since I've Been Loving You
    • The Rain Song
    • Going To California
    • Over The Hills and Far Away
    • All My Love
    • Bron-Yr-Aur
    • I'm Gonna Crawl
    • That's The Way

I voted for Since I've Been Loving You, but it was a total 'ermmmmm ok THAT one' choice! I love that song, but I also absolutely LOVE Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, Going to California, That's The Way........ ok all of them.

Babe I'm Gonna Leave You has been my favorite Zep song for at least 25 years. Ten Years Gone is my second favorite melody. Thank You would be my third favorite melody. Other melodies that make my top ten favorite Zep song list include Tangerine, Going To California and I'm Gonna Crawl... :) i love the melodies

edit for typo

what beach is that in your signature?

This is SO HARD! All these songs are great! Yet, if I had to pick, I'd choose SInce I've Been Loving You followed by Babe I'm Gonna Leave You and Going To California.

Edited by cheesehead1204

Ten Years Gone and Tangerine, neither of which is listed here. Of the ones listed, That's the Way, or maybe Bron-Yr-Aur.

I've never thought of OTHAFA or the 2 blues songs as ballads, or as being any more melodic than most Zep songs.

I would pick Since i've been loving(if it actually is a ballad??, it might be a power ballad), but essential stuff like What is, Ramble on, Tangerine, Stairway, Ten years gone and Night flight are missing!!

Edited by Matjaz1

Ten Years Gone. No contest whatsoever.

It might even be my favourite LZ song, period.

Man, it was a tie between Babe I'm Gonna Leave You & Since I've Been Loving You . . .

But Babe I'm Gonna Leave You has to win I think . . . there's just SO MUCH I love about this song!

One, the acoustic guitar in the beginning . . . the haunting yet peaceful rhythm.

. . . And later, there's the part that makes me want to jump!

Yes, there is magic in Babe I'm Gonna Leave You . . .

:wizard:

10 years Gone. I love the story behind the song too.

2nd would be...The Rain Song

Well if Ten Years Gone is a "ballad", then my vote would be for The Battle Of Evermore. That's not on the pick list either.

I seriously don't know how to answer this, soo many to choose from. But judging by the sheer effect it has on me I'll go for The Rain Song, but the live version from MSG 1973 (although the recorded version is great work as well). I do love listening to them all though..Sounds stupid I know :slapface:

I personally really love All my Love. Plant's voice really conveys the emotions of feeling love for a special person his young son who died.

Anyway I had trouble picking, but I went with All my Love.

Edited by Emmy

Rain Song. Pure mellow bliss.

I have a problem with SIBLY being on the list. SIBLY is an ELECTRIC BLUES. It is dramatic, intense, extremely emotional...it is the antithesis of a ballad. You would not sing this to a child or a loved one as a lullaby.

I voted for The Rain Song.

I love playing it on acoustic guitar for my friends. They look at me like I'm a freaking guitar god or something! Little do they know I spend countless hours learning that song as I wanted to nail it from the opening note. D-G-C-G-C-D...love it!

The Rain Song owns all, 1st SIBLY? I think SIBLY is overrated, but still being a very good song.

I love The Rain Song, it was the song that made me want to pay another kind of attencion to Zepp.

But Ten Years Gone is a close second, Tangerine a third.

I didn't know Over the Hills was a ballad :huh: ...