Q & A game

Hotplant

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In My Time Of Dying!

What song was it that Bonzo's drum intro accidentally got deleted?

"Friends".

What famous comedian did Robert Plant 'allegedly" hang out with during Led Zeppelin's famous shows in Los Angeles in 1977? Of course I was not there but I have read this and really hope that this is true. I will make it easier. In my opinion, the greatest comedian of all-time. His Comedy is equal to Led Zeppelin's Music. Beyond Brilliant.

"Friends".

What famous comedian did Robert Plant 'allegedly" hang out with during Led Zeppelin's famous shows in Los Angeles in 1977? Of course I was not there but I have read this and really hope that this is true. I will make it easier. In my opinion, the greatest comedian of all-time. His Comedy is equal to Led Zeppelin's Music. Beyond Brilliant.

I am going to say Richard Pryor.

Is This the Right answer?

I am going to say Richard Pryor.

Is This the Right answer?

Yes. I read that in Keith Shadwick's book A Story of a band and Their Music 1968-1980. I am trying to locate the exact sentence from the book but I am having a little trouble finding it. I am pretty sure it was from this book that I read this. I do have over 25 books on Led Zeppelin so I could have read it in another one of my books.

Yes. I read that in Keith Shadwick's book A Story of a band and Their Music 1968-1980. I am trying to locate the exact sentence from the book but I am having a little trouble finding it. I am pretty sure it was from this book that I read this.

Pryor's film 'Greased Lightning' was released June 29, 1977, two nights after Led Zeppelin sixth show at The Forum in Inglewood. Their paths may have crossed briefly in the hotel lobby or at a hangout but "hanging out together" seems a bit far-fetched. Perhaps someone has mistaken Gene Wilder for Robert Plant.

Pryor's film 'Greased Lightning' was released June 29, 1977, two nights after Led Zeppelin sixth show at The Forum in Inglewood. Their paths may have crossed briefly in the hotel lobby or at a hangout but "hanging out together" seems a bit far-fetched. Perhaps someone has mistaken Gene Wilder for Robert Plant.

I found this. Doesn't mean it is true, however, it does seem to come from from a legitimate newspaper.

"Rap Up" King Features Syndicate

"Plant Throws Away His Crutches"

Oakland, CA Tribune

2-22-1976

Led Zeppelin's lead-singer Robert Plant made the most out of his last days in the States. Before flying home to England, he saw Deep Purple in New York, caught two LA shows by a teen-age girl rock group called the Runaways, and spent a night bantering with Richard Pryor at a Hollywood club.

One of his final stops was Berkeley, where he caught the Pretty Things, the British band that Plant "and fellow Zepper Jimmy Page brought to their label, Swan Song Records, a year ago.

Making the most out of this last chance to talk to Plant about his health (he was still walking with the help of a leg brace), his convalescence in Malibu, Led Zep's new album, "Presence" (which will ship

platinum in March), and the group's plans, we approached him in the Pretty Things' dressing room.

He happily agreed to a quick interview, the first he's given since breaking his ankle and elbow in that auto accident last August.

Q-How are you feeling?

A-Well, doctor, everything's improving better than expected. I've slowly put more

weight on my foot until New Year's Eve, when I just threw down my crutch and walked without it for the first time.

Q-Why did you choose to rest up in L.A.? You said a year ago you had become bored with the city.

A-I felt a lot of negativity had set in... the presence of a lot of people doing a lot of dope. Bit by bit I saw the shine on the surface fade away. But when we stayed in Malibu, my trip was to develop a state of mind whereby I could combat the physical problems. Malibu is good for that.

Q-You and the rest of the group must have found Malibu a good place to work in too, having written the new album there.

A-My only alternative was to turn around and stand against the storm and make an album.

All the energy that had been smoldering inside us, getting ready for a lot of gigs, came out in the writing and later in the studio (in Munich). So what we have is an album that is so Zeppelin. In

this time of trouble, it all came together like a dream, and the music bursts off the vinyl. It sounds like the Hammer of the Gods.

Q-Is there a deference to the trial you've been through?

A-It's apparent, but it's shrouded. I was without my old lady (who fractured her pelvis in the accident and had to remain in England), and the realization that I could not get back to her immediately

led to one song, "Tea for One."

Q-It'll be "Tea for Two" shortly, though.

A-In four days I should be treading on the Island of the Blessed. For the first three months I'm not going to get out of bed!

Q-A Led Zeppelin tour has been ruled out until next year. So what are your plans?

A-We can't think now towards the future as easily as we could in six months time. All we want to do is see the people that we love. And I want to take it easy with this foot. No soccer until August.

Back on topic. If it is still my turn to ask another question, this is it and I think it a pretty easy one for anyone who knows Jimmy Page's history:

What illness forced Jimmy Page to leave Neil Christian and the Crusaders when Jimmy was still a teenager?

Archived