Mobile, AL May 13, 1973

JRich

I was glad that the LZ site actually posted my experience at this show. It wasn't too long ago that I was made aware that the "Goin Mobile" soundboard audio was available......and then to find out how good it sounds. Mobile was a small venue for Led Zeppelin........which made it an extra "close up" treat for me. I was wondering how many more friends I have out there........that was there.

I was glad that the LZ site actually posted my experience at this show. It wasn't too long ago that I was made aware that the "Goin Mobile" soundboard audio was available......and then to find out how good it sounds. Mobile was a small venue for Led Zeppelin........which made it an extra "close up" treat for me. I was wondering how many more friends I have out there........that was there.

JRich,

I wasn't at the Mobile Show (as I was only 5 at the time) but I have been to the Mobile Auditorium several times and can't imagine how cool it must have been to see Zeppelin there. Goin' Mobile has always been one of my favorite shows and is a nicely performed early show from the 73 US Tour.

Do you remember what time the show started? Plant mentions something about just getting out of bed around 2:30PM so it must have been a very early show. I met a guy in college at South Alabama who went to the show and he had great but vague memories of it.

• 4 weeks later...
JRich,

I wasn't at the Mobile Show (as I was only 5 at the time) but I have been to the Mobile Auditorium several times and can't imagine how cool it must have been to see Zeppelin there. Goin' Mobile has always been one of my favorite shows and is a nicely performed early show from the 73 US Tour.

Do you remember what time the show started? Plant mentions something about just getting out of bed around 2:30PM so it must have been a very early show. I met a guy in college at South Alabama who went to the show and he had great but vague memories of it.

Hey!!

Sorry.....didn't see your post until now. This forum goes in a few directions and is vast. I'm still learning how to keep up with it. The Mobile show started at 6:00 I think. The neatest thing I remember about the start was them dimming the lights slowly until it was dark over the course of an hour before the show.....it sure blowed us away when it started. I see you posted back on Dec. 8. I finally landed my ticket to the 02 Arena and flew out that day. I arrived at London/Gatwick on the 9th.......saw that amazimg show on the 10th......needless to say.....I'm a pretty lucky and happy camper right now. Sorry again I hadn't returned you a reply....Dec has been a neat month.

Take Care,

Jimmy

Hey!!

Sorry.....didn't see your post until now. This forum goes in a few directions and is vast. I'm still learning how to keep up with it. The Mobile show started at 6:00 I think. The neatest thing I remember about the start was them dimming the lights slowly until it was dark over the course of an hour before the show.....it sure blowed us away when it started. I see you posted back on Dec. 8. I finally landed my ticket to the 02 Arena and flew out that day. I arrived at London/Gatwick on the 9th.......saw that amazimg show on the 10th......needless to say.....I'm a pretty lucky and happy camper right now. Sorry again I hadn't returned you a reply....Dec has been a neat month.

Take Care,

Jimmy

Hey Jimmy,

No problem, Glad you got to go to the show, it must have been amazing. Let me know if you have not scored a good copy of the audience source and I can hook you up. Thanks for the info about the Mobile Auditorium show. That is an EARLY start for a rock show.

Take it Easy,

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

Where can I find this? One of my favourite shows with an outstanding version of No Quarter. I'm certainly envious of your experience.

Archived