Second Album started on Feb. 13

Vega

Hmm, I wonder if it was mentioned here yet - I find it an interesting fact, though much belated, I guess, being almost one week old. Robert says prior to Grammy awards: "I'm looking forward to being in Los Angeles, but musically - and spiritually - I expect we'll be somewhere halfway between the Mississippi Delta and the Clinch Mountains." I hope that would relate to the new album as well, looking forward to hear some blues on it, Rob!

Edited to add that the album seems to be started two weeks before that Friday the 13th. Good on them. :toast:

I do like to be helpful, especially for those who might be geographically challenged.

Clinch Mountain is a mountain ridge in the U.S. states of Tennessee and Virginia, lying in the ridge-and-valley section of the Appalachian Mountains. It runs in a general east-northeasterly direction from near Blaine, Tennessee to Garden Mountain near Burke's Garden, Virginia.

Yes Martha, the Mississippi Delta is much further down river, but I wanted to focus in on the part near Memphis and the Clarksdale region, for reference. And I circled the Clinch range near the peak northeast of Knoxville.

Well look what's right in the middle....Nashville ! :lol:

29o6352.jpg

2mmhlz5.jpg

2l8b39z.jpg

I like to provide detail, so there's no ambiguity. Further info will be provided upon request.

It's Kenner, it's FUN !!! :lol:

;) Hi there and thanks for a post, Richestkind! I just love this - Robert's couple of lines "plantation" worth a thousand words. What music do they play in those areas? Looking forward to further clarifications, especially provided that I am a non-US citizen. B)

I'm looking forward to it. T-Bone is really great. I'm not a huge John Mellencamp fan, my wife is, but T-Bone worked with him on his last disc, and it's really good. Love that dark feel, like some of the stuff off of Rising Sand........

Yes he is. I have a couple of his solo albums which have some great tracks - more of that sparse, dark feel to them. The O Brother Where Art Thou soundtrack is also well worth getting.

I'm looking forward to it. T-Bone is really great. I'm not a huge John Mellencamp fan, my wife is, but T-Bone worked with him on his last disc, and it's really good. Love that dark feel, like some of the stuff off of Rising Sand........

I agree, I learned about T-Bone after his collaboration with Robert started, but he clearly is Robert's peer in terms of musical expertise, age and wisdom, it is fun to watch them on stage together, you can tell T-Bone enjoys it.

I have a couple of his solo albums which have some great tracks - more of that sparse, dark feel to them.
Which ones, Ninelives? I was very much impressed by "Nothing", guess it is fifty-fifty Robert and T-Bone, wonder if I was right. On the other hand, it seems a very "Zeppelinesque" song in itself :-)

Hmm, I wonder if it was mentioned here yet - I find it an interesting fact, though much belated, I guess, being almost one week old. Robert says prior to Grammy awards: "I'm looking forward to being in Los Angeles, but musically - and spiritually - I expect we'll be somewhere halfway between the Mississippi Delta and the Clinch Mountains." I hope that would relate to the new album as well, looking forward to hear some blues on it, Rob!

Edited to add that the album seems to be started two weeks before that Friday the 13th. Good on them. :toast:

I'm happy for Robert, Alison, T-Bone and success of Raising Sand..

I'm livin' in the countryside between a cornfield and empty factories. Considering the Canadian blast of winter today...my days are numbered in this rural setting...."Dahling I love you but give me Park Avenue"

Juliet :freezing:

I agree, I learned about T-Bone after his collaboration with Robert started, but he clearly is Robert's peer in terms of musical expertise, age and wisdom, it is fun to watch them on stage together, you can tell T-Bone enjoys it.

Which ones, Ninelives? I was very much impressed by "Nothing", guess it is fifty-fifty Robert and T-Bone, wonder if I was right. On the other hand, it seems a very "Zeppelinesque" song in itself :-)

I have The True False Identity - love the song "Palestine Texas". Really spooky almost Twin Peaks sounding and The Criminal Under My Own Had.

Funny the original version of Nothin' doesn't have that really dark, haunting feel to it. Was a great song live too - Robert really let loose on it.

I'm happy for Robert, Alison, T-Bone and success of Raising Sand..

I'm livin' in the countryside between a cornfield and empty factories. Considering the Canadian blast of winter today...my days are numbered in this rural setting...."Dahling I love you but give me Park Avenue"

Juliet :freezing:

Winter's almost over, in fact, it is the beginning of spring according to Celtic calendar :D

February 13 came after the Grammys. According to the topic, the second album started on February 13.

Los Lobos released an album in the mid 80's,"How Will The Wolf Survive?" which T-Bone produced.Top to bottom,a mighty fine and entertaining album.I echo your sentiments of T-Bone.

What does that video have to do with Robert and a second album out of curiosity? How about sharing your thoughts on them doing a second album - are you looking forward to it? Not?

I was responding to the following post.

You are so frqn funny.

I wish they all could be California girls. :D

But what does that video have to do with a second album? They are both related to Americana, that is if Robert Plant is doing an Americana-related album. In the case of the video, the song is native American passed through the generations as part of an oral tradition, and as long as Robert's Plant was mentioning California girls, they related, as the video is of a song that is native to California, which is in America.

I am curious about the second album and what it will be like, so yes, I am looking forward to it.

Archived