Second Album started on Feb. 13

Vega

If they're in the studio now how long before release? It would make sense for strategic marketing that they should "ride the wave" of the grammy's and try to get it out sooner than later.

But you should never, of course, rush an artist.

If they're in the studio now how long before release? It would make sense for strategic marketing that they should "ride the wave" of the grammy's and try to get it out sooner than later.

But you should never, of course, rush an artist.

No you certainly can't rush things. I don't know how long before it comes out. Depends on when everything is done. They likely would want it out by October of this year and not much later (dead time release wise) or wait until the new year. Guess we'll have to try to patiently wait for some news!

No you certainly can't rush things. I don't know how long before it comes out. Depends on when everything is done. They likely would want it out by October of this year and not much later (dead time release wise) or wait until the new year. Guess we'll have to try to patiently wait for some news!

I could be wrong but I believe RS was recorded in June of 2007 in almost no time and was released on October 23, that year. The followup to RS, I think might take a bit longer depending how they go about it and whether they are writing new material as well as rearranged covers. It also could depend on Buddy Miller's recovery, which could further delay this project for a while. I would guess a September/October release, if all things go as planned.

CONGRATS NINELIVES ON 4K!!!

:thumbsup::chickeddance:

I could be wrong but I believe RS was recorded in June of 2007 in almost no time and was released on October 23, that year. The followup to RS, I think might take a bit longer depending how they go about it and whether they are writing new material as well as rearranged covers. It also could depend on Buddy Miller's recovery, which could further delay this project for a while. I would guess a September/October release, if all things go as planned.

Sounds like a fall tour then and not summer. Or maybe they will tour and that way the only way to hear the new stuff before fall is to go see them.

Now that's impressive!!!

Raising Sand was recorded pretty fast but it's hard to say with the follow up as I'd imagine they want to ensure it's going to be a different record than the first and as you said, if Buddy is involved as I would imagine he is, that could postpone things.

thanks on the 4K - at first I thought you meant I won that much money which is cause for celebration :D:lol:

I could be wrong but I believe RS was recorded in June of 2007 in almost no time

In an interview some time ago Alison mentioned how (before working with Robert) she used to record several times again and again until she gets what seems to be right for her. Robert, she said, taught her to go for it now and here, when the tim eis right. This came to my mind when I read your post as a possible reason why it happened so quickly with the RS One.

In an interview some time ago Alison mentioned how (before working with Robert) she used to record several times again and again until she gets what seems to be right for her. Robert, she said, taught her to go for it now and here, when the tim eis right. This came to my mind when I read your post as a possible reason why it happened so quickly with the RS One.

I think with Raising Sand it's intention was to be more sponteneous and I guess almost "live" in sound. Alison has mentioned with Union Station or her own albums that it is much more planned out and everyone knows exactly what they're playing. Must have been an interesting experience for her to record this way!

Now that they have begun recording their second album, is Buddy Miller playing on it as well? If, so then there could be a delay due to his recent heart attack. He is said to be recovering after surgery. He was recently touring with Emmy Lou Harris and Kathy Griffin.

More info can be found here: http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?showtopic=9953

To whom it may concern: I'd like to respectfully and humbly recommend The Legendary Rich Gilbert, master of country picking, and pedal steel, currently residing in Nashville. He also worked with Frank Black as a member of The Catholics. I'll bet he knows every Sun Records lick there is.

To whom it may concern: I'd like to respectfully and humbly recommend The Legendary Rich Gilbert, master of country picking, and pedal steel, currently residing in Nashville. He also worked with Frank Black as a member of The Catholics. I'll bet he knows every Sun Records lick there is.

What I've heard from other people on this board is that Buddy Miller is suppposed to be on the new album as well. I'm sure they'll just postpone some of the recording until he is ready to return. Probably just try to do as much of the album until they need him. I can't answer whether they'd think about using another guitarist. Buddy is absolutely brilliant as I'm sure they'd want him back on tour as well. But that will depend on his recovery I'm assuning.

I'm not familiar with him but I would suspect that since they've developed a strong rapport with Buddy, they'd want to continue to work with him.

I'm not familiar with him but I would suspect that since they've developed a strong rapport with Buddy, they'd want to continue to work with him.

So it's a bit hasty for suggestions then, eh? I already fought a knee jerk reaction to suggest Jimmy Page. I've heard he does a mean Scotty Moore.

From Buddy Miller's web site:

"Following his show in Baltimore last Thursday evening, Buddy Miller was not feeling well. After consulting doctors at Johns Hopkins Hospital, tests revealed some heart blockage.

"It was determined that surgery was needed right away.

"He is now resting and recovering and expected to be released from hospital shortly. Buddy and his family would like to thank all for their well wishes and prayers."

Ugh.

ya know what they say...

Nashville Cats, play clean as country water

Nashville Cats, play wild as mountain dew

Nashville Cats, been playin' since they's babies

Nashville Cats, get work before they're two

Well, there's thirteen hundred and fifty two

Guitar pickers in Nashville

And they can pick more notes than the number of ants

On a Tennessee anthill

Yeah, there's thirteen hundred and fifty two

Guitar cases in Nashville

And any one of them Texas guitars could play

Twice as better than I will

Yeah, I was just thirteen, you might say I was a

Musical proverbial knee-high

When I heard a couple new-sounding tunes on the tubes

And they blasted me sky-high

And the record man said every one is a Yellow Sun

Record from Nashville

And up North there ain't nobody buys them

And I said, but I will

And it was

Nashville Cats, play clean as country water

Nashville Cats, play wild as mountain dew

Nashville Cats, been playin' since they's babies

Nashville Cats, get work before they're two

Well, there's sixteen thousand eight hundred twenty one

Mothers from Nashville

All their friends play music, and they ain't uptight

If one of the kids will

Because it's custom made for any mother's son

To be a guitar picker in Nashville

And I sure am glad I got a chance to say a word about

The music and the mothers from Nashville

-Lovin Spoonful

And then they went heading down that Hillbilly Highway.

I can't find any current info on the recording session or Buddy Miller's recent progress.

I thought I should follow up on the guitar player I mentioned, forgive me this once if you find me treading on the boundaries of bad taste.. I really think this guy is worth it.

Check out Rich Gilbert teaching you a country lick

My future references to this cat are going to be limited to the Other Bands/Music section, which I hope you'll check out. I'll be working backwards on the career of The Legendary Rich Gilbert, and by the time I get to The Zulus, I think you'll see the Zeppelin in him.

I wonder if they will sing Cryin' ? It was covered by Roy Orbison and k.d.lang.

There's a tune that Dolly Parton and Porter Wagoner did together..I have to look up the name..don't have it in front of me right now. It's a nice duet...

J :coffee:

PS I found the title ..It's called Please Don't Stop Lovin' Me.

I think I'd like to hear Robert make an attempt at Roy Clark's "Yesterday When I was Young." That would make for an interesting take and could be somewhat autobiographical and topical considering his career path.

I think I'd like to hear Robert make an attempt at Roy Clark's "Yesterday When I was Young." That would make for an interesting take and could be somewhat autobiographical and topical considering his career path.

Dear Robert Plant,

Look, things are bad enough as they are. Don't do anything that

wouldn't do. Think damage control, please.

Love,

Eternal Light

I can't find any current info on the recording session or Buddy Miller's recent progress.

I thought I should follow up on the guitar player I mentioned, forgive me this once if you find me treading on the boundaries of bad taste.. I really think this guy is worth it.

Check out Rich Gilbert teaching you a country lick

My future references to this cat are going to be limited to the Other Bands/Music section, which I hope you'll check out. I'll be working backwards on the career of The Legendary Rich Gilbert, and by the time I get to The Zulus, I think you'll see the Zeppelin in him.

Buddy Miller is expected to make a full recovery.

Archived