02 Show on TV?

Let's not count the chicken...

I think Jimmy's reasoning goes something like: "Let's see how's it going to be. In any case, we'll record it and keep a good eye on it so that it won't end up in unwanted hands. If there will be no further concerts, we'll release what's worth of it. And if we go on tour, then it can wait..."

I usually was very sceptical about their reforming but now something tells me this won't be a one-off gig.

Thank you for this pinned thread!! Now if only you could make some for "What will the weather be like,should I pack my golashes??"; "c u at the o2!"; and "I'm selling one ticket for $456,600,701.43 USD" this place would be perfect!!

Let's not count the chicken...

I think Jimmy's reasoning goes something like: "Let's see how's it going to be. In any case, we'll record it and keep a good eye on it so that it won't end up in unwanted hands. If there will be no further concerts, we'll release what's worth of it. And if we go on tour, then it can wait..."

I usually was very sceptical about their reforming but now something tells me this won't be a one-off gig.

as long as it all goes well!!!! ;)

Thank you for this pinned thread!! Now if only you could make some for "What will the weather be like,should I pack my golashes??"; "c u at the o2!"; and "I'm selling one ticket for $456,600,701.43 USD" this place would be perfect!!

Ghee, why don't you delete everything posted, and simply allow the threads you fancy, while you're at it.

I think -peter grant's anti tv example is good on the -tsrts dvd. Also, really, something about live tv freaks alot of artists out alittle... a massive broadcast is kinda freaky when you think about it.

I believe it was Grant who said something along the lines of a live Zeppelin concert doesn't translate to a little box.

As I've said before since they haven't played well together (and not wanting to repeat Live Aid) for 28 years there was no way they'd risk it all going wrong live on TV.

Sense would say it will be filmed and recorded but I wouldn't bank on it. Even if it is it may not leave Jimmy's bank for decades.

Those of us without tickets need to hope that it goes well and RP has such a blast that he can't put the genie back in the bottle straight away. I'm still quietly confident that we'll all get a better chance to see them live in the not too distant future.

As I've said before since they haven't played well together (and not wanting to repeat Live Aid) for 28 years there was no way they'd risk it all going wrong live on TV.

Sense would say it will be filmed and recorded but I wouldn't bank on it. Even if it is it may not leave Jimmy's bank for decades.

Those of us without tickets need to hope that it goes well and RP has such a blast that he can't put the genie back in the bottle straight away. I'm still quietly confident that we'll all get a better chance to see them live in the not too distant future.

I agree with you. I was hoping for Pay Per View, but if it all goes south, their embarrassment would be their demise.

It's all a wait and see game for those of us unfortunate masses that have our tongues hanging out without tickets to the show.

According to MTV it seems a DVD is planned! :D :D :D :D

Quote:

AHMET ERTEGUN TRIBUTE CONCERT TO COME OUT ON DVD. Good news for the millions of people who want to go to the Ahmet Ertegun Tribute Concert on Monday, but aren't able to - the event will be recorded for a DVD release. The show, which pays tribute to the Atlantic Records co-founder, will feature performances from Foreigner, Paul Rodgers, Bill Wyman, Charlie Watts and, most notably, a reunited Led Zeppelin. There's no word on when the DVD will hit shelves.

Source: http://www.mtv.ca/news/article.jhtml?id=5678

According to MTV it seems a DVD is planned! :D :D :D :D

Quote:

AHMET ERTEGUN TRIBUTE CONCERT TO COME OUT ON DVD. Good news for the millions of people who want to go to the Ahmet Ertegun Tribute Concert on Monday, but aren't able to - the event will be recorded for a DVD release. The show, which pays tribute to the Atlantic Records co-founder, will feature performances from Foreigner, Paul Rodgers, Bill Wyman, Charlie Watts and, most notably, a reunited Led Zeppelin. There's no word on when the DVD will hit shelves.

Source: http://www.mtv.ca/news/article.jhtml?id=5678

Thank God....there better at least be a dvd. I will buy it and a back up. They know how important it is for us all to see it.

Archived