O2 Concert on TV in America?

How many more threads on this subject will get posted? There's like 3 threads asking this question and each time the answer is the same. The concert WILL NOT be televised.

Good Lord.

Here are the threads discussing this already (all one page one since there's only one page):

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com//index.php?showtopic=97

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com//index.php?showtopic=112

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com//index.php?showtopic=13

:D This really pisses you off huh? lol.. I don't blame you.

We had the same problem on the old board before we moved here. Only now it's funnier because there's one page to look at to see if a topic has been posted, rather than hundreds. So there's no excuse to like.....scroll down, you know?

We had the same problem on the old board before we moved here. Only now it's funnier because there's one page to look at to see if a topic has been posted, rather than hundreds. So there's no excuse to like.....scroll down, you know?

Yea well I'm virtually new here so I don't want to make fun or anything, but I have read a thread where the question was asked about the "mystery" song that has never been played live. This was answered three times in the thread, yet people kept posting guesses as to what song it was. BTW the song is For You Life. Please don't ask again. :blink:

Ok. Not being aired on TV. What about filmed & released on DVD? Televised would be better, but either way, I'll still be wishing I got a ticket....

Only doing one show is a real kick in the pants for all us fans that happen to have been born well after the '70s. I mean, I can't go see many of my favorite bands, but zeppelin does a show, and only lets a tiny... tiny fraction of the people that are desperate for a show get to see them. I guess they stay on my list of bands I'll never see..... along with the dead, SRV, the doors...etc...

Ok. Not being aired on TV. What about filmed & released on DVD? Televised would be better, but either way, I'll still be wishing I got a ticket....

To my knowledge there are no plans to release it in any form. That may change after Jimmy hears the soundboards and takes a look at the tape that is being made for their personal use.

OK lighten up what are you the "post" nazi or what? You got more posts on here than anyone Get a life

How many more threads on this subject will get posted? There's like 3 threads asking this question and each time the answer is the same. The concert WILL NOT be televised.

Good Lord.

Here are the threads discussing this already (all one page one since there's only one page):

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com//index.php?showtopic=97

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com//index.php?showtopic=112

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com//index.php?showtopic=13

Guarenteed, huh? Feel free to substantiate this claim. <_<

State of the Art recording equipment. 16 camera angles will be used. If the performance is good, in the bands eye, of course it will be released. If not, 22 thousand people in the stadium. Today we have these little video camera's. Maybe you have seen or heard of them? They are constantly filming young girls without panties for some reason. Anyway, it will be all over youtube Tuesday or wednesday morning. Even Peter Grant himself, (of course he is dead and this is meant to exaggerate the point) couldn't stop it. Why would this concert be any different from any past Zeppelin one? You will hear and see it in some manner. Guaranteed.

State of the Art recording equipment. 16 camera angles will be used. If the performance is good, in the bands eye, of course it will be released. If not, 22 thousand people in the stadium. Today we have these little video camera's. Maybe you have seen or heard of them? They are constantly filming young girls without panties for some reason. Anyway, it will be all over youtube Tuesday or wednesday morning. Even Peter Grant himself, (of course he is dead and this is meant to exaggerate the point) couldn't stop it. Why would this concert be any different from any past Zeppelin one? You will hear and see it in some manner. Guaranteed.

this all makes sense. hard to believe you had to explain it to the moron though.

The word is that there will be a "Pay Per View lottery" where people will be given pass codes that they can pass along to their cable or satellite providers to get access to the special live broadcast. It has not yet been determined how many pass codes will be given out or the cost for said pass codes. Interestingly, this whole venture is being sponsored by Ebay.

The word is that there will be a "Pay Per View lottery" where people will be given pass codes that they can pass along to their cable or satellite providers to get access to the special live broadcast. It has not yet been determined how many pass codes will be given out or the cost for said pass codes. Interestingly, this whole venture is being sponsored by Ebay.

Don't scare the newbies.

So where's your customer complaint desk? Because your original guarentee was we would see the concert. Now you've gone a step further and guaranteed we will see and hear it but then taken a

step back by adding the disclaimer "in some manner".

Your only criteria for release is "in the bands eye, if the performance is good" of course it will be

released. Well, there's a number of excellent performances professionally recorded which have yet

to see the light of day. Claude Nobs has a house full. Vintage Zep, good Sir. It only took 33 years

for the band to release Royal Albert Hall 1970.

As an accomplished concert taper, I almost see the humor in your inquiry pertaining to if I'm at

all familiar with video camera technology. Are you familar with draconian anti-taping policies some

venues employ? How willing would you be to whip out your recording devices on December 10th at

the 02 if your advised via terms of ticket and/or signage that doing will result in immediate ejection

from the venue. I was beside the soundboard for Page/Plant in Montreux 2001 and I can tell you my recording gear stayed in it's the case for that very reason. Sure a few boots leaked out, but

that was Switzerland and that was then. Little more laid back than London will be in the post-9/11 era. Wristband. Check. ID. Check. Ok, please bend over and spread 'em.

Anyway, we're getting away from the point, which was your guarentee. The performance will be

recorded professionally, but there is no guarantee it will ever be released. Some attendees may

come away from it with a great recording but I tell you now, we can only hope so because it will

be very, very difficult.

:D

I want to believe, that as Page has done for us in the past, all good things come to those who wait. (Pure conjecture on my part, I hasten to add.)

Pet Peeve: there should be an apostrophe after "the band's eye", since it's a possesive, and there shouldn't be one after video cameras, because that's a plural. Just doing my bit to save written English, pardon me, carry on...

One way or another, you will see this concert. Guaranteed.

Yeah someones probably gonna bootleg it and it'll be all over the internet. :lol:

by the way, I love this "Spoiler" option. I haven't seen it anywhere else

But anyway, I think it would be great for Zep to release this, that is if its a great show. It'll give them some extra $$$.

Some other LZ message boards have been speculating over whether a DVD would/should be released. What are your opinions?

So where's your customer complaint desk? Because your original guarentee was we would see the concert. Now you've gone a step further and guaranteed we will see and hear it but then taken a

step back by adding the disclaimer "in some manner".

Your only criteria for release is "in the bands eye, if the performance is good" of course it will be

released. Well, there's a number of excellent performances professionally recorded which have yet

to see the light of day. Claude Nobs has a house full. Vintage Zep, good Sir. It only took 33 years

for the band to release Royal Albert Hall 1970.

As an accomplished concert taper, I almost see the humor in your inquiry pertaining to if I'm at

all familiar with video camera technology. Are you familar with draconian anti-taping policies some

venues employ? How willing would you be to whip out your recording devices on December 10th at

the 02 if your advised via terms of ticket and/or signage that doing will result in immediate ejection

from the venue. I was beside the soundboard for Page/Plant in Montreux 2001 and I can tell you my recording gear stayed in it's the case for that very reason. Sure a few boots leaked out, but

that was Switzerland and that was then. Little more laid back than London will be in the post-9/11 era. Wristband. Check. ID. Check. Ok, please bend over and spread 'em.

Anyway, we're getting away from the point, which was your guarentee. The performance will be

recorded professionally, but there is no guarantee it will ever be released. Some attendees may

come away from it with a great recording but I tell you now, we can only hope so because it will

be very, very difficult.

all this b/s lecturing and in the end you make mr.z's point, moron.

oh btw tough guy, thanks for this p-m. i will be sure to have a good laugh over this with my buddies.

1/1NOTICE ( From: SteveAJones )

PM Sent by SteveAJones to me...

You busted your cherry here to call ME a moron? You may continue fucking yourself now.

SteveAJones is a member of the Members group and has 32 posts.

Sent on: Today, 03:27 PM

State of the Art recording equipment. 16 camera angles will be used. If the performance is good, in the bands eye, of course it will be released.

Where's this confirmed? RP said in Mojo:

'...Somebody suggested that they would film the O2 gig and they might need 18 cameras. What a laugh! Imagine editing that.'

Which doesn't mean that's what's happening. Personally I think it will be filmed, if only for the live video feeds and the band's personal archives

Archived