Zep Concert on on DVD

As far as I know, the show was not formally filmed. There's just the cameras for the screens above the stage. I doubt Jimmy and the band would release a dvd from that. Not of this show anyway. I do hold hope that they'll play again, even if it's just a few select dates and not a full-blown tour. Hopefully last night's success will inspire them to make a record of an event at some future time. Clearly they still have that magic.

As far as I know, the show was not formally filmed. There's just the cameras for the screens above the stage. I doubt Jimmy and the band would release a dvd from that. Not of this show anyway. I do hold hope that they'll play again, even if it's just a few select dates and not a full-blown tour. Hopefully last night's success will inspire them to make a record of an event at some future time. Clearly they still have that magic.

You might know the answer to this, you handsome hunk of man.

If they did decide to put this out on DVD or CD or something, can they clean up/overdub the feedback, like the couple of times it happened on GTBT?

:beeremoticon:

You might know the answer to this, you handsome hunk of man.

If they did decide to put this out on DVD or CD or something, can they clean up/overdub the feedback, like the couple of times it happened on GTBT?

:beeremoticon:

Yes, as the feedback is generally one very specific frequency (I think). Also, a wild guess - the guitar, if that was what was producing the feedback, might have been wired from the soundboard to a separate preamp so maybe the soundboard won't have any feedback to begin with. But yes, stab in the dark there.

If there's not a DVD, maybe at least they'll release a CD of the concert, I'd be really surprised if there wasn't at least an audio recording of the concert.

Although I'm sure it was filmed. Wouldn't be surprised if they just said that as a tease for the fans that way if the concert wasn't up to the band's expectations, there wouldn't be so much disappointment in the fan base.

But with the (at least so far) positive reviews of the band, maybe we'll hear something in the near future?

The rumour about Zepp reuniting a good 3 weeks before it was officially announced turned out to be true. :P

Actually, I knew it was true months before! :lol:

I knew they were rehearsing as far back as June. I'm just saying that none of the people who shared those secret facts with me have said anything about any plans for a dvd from this. There may be an Ahmet dvd spanning the event, but no talk of the whole Zeppelin performance has been buzzing as of yet. ;)

Hammer of the Cods, how I've missed you, you master of the riding mower! Nice to see you, you sexy beast! :beer:

It would be mean of them not to release a DVD. They know they have lot of fans so they just must put out a recording.

I literally feel anxiety, as Led Zeppelin was in concert and I didn't watch it. They are rumours about the tour. Probably if it was one I wouldn't see it cos I am to pooor to travel in the USA or any other country( believe in mine there will not be). The proper word for me now is F@#$

Hi guys and gal's! Newbie to the forum here...

I bet that the show was taped and filmed "just in case". I've seen some clips on TV in the last few hours, and while they showed clips of Black Dog it said "courtesy of Led Zeppelin" on the screen.

It's fantastic that a band can do such a show after so many years. What a band!!!

Just the cameras for the screens? I don't think you need a legion of cameramen to make screen projections for a show. According to those who were at the O2 last night and cared to look around there were about ten cameras if not more. That stinks of a pro-recording. Which, on the other hand, doesn't necessarily mean it will be released. Knowing Jimmy Mr.Perfectionist Page we might as well kiss good-bye to it, although judging from the youtube-materials, they were indeed ass-kicking.

Hopefully it won't take as long to hit DVD as No Quarter...certainly not soon enough for Christmas, although my husband would freak it he found it under the tree!

Watching it all on repeat play might bugger up the days festivities though!

I doubted it would get an official release but it certainly sounds like they had far more cameras than were needed for the video screen. As the performance seems to have exceeded the wildest expectations I think we're all going to be lucky with it's release......

To coincide with the first dates on The World Tour!

Okay...here's my contrib. About eight months ago, I posted to a Macca group saying that some contacts in Soho in London had said they'd had footage of his 1976 tour through their company for restoration. This led to speculation about a release of McCartney's 'Rockshow' tour movie on DVD. Well that didn't happen leading people to damn my info and then suddenly the footage appeared as part of Macca's 3-DVD retrospective that just came out.

So I'm reporting to you that I just heard that some Zep stuff from the O2 is currently in a Soho edit facility. Make of it what you will but for my money this gig is going to be OUT SOON AT A SHOP NEAR YOU.

I too am too young to have seen them 1st time around and did not make it to the gig of all time last night.

A friend of my brother got one of the lucky password emails but could not go and asked if I wanted to try for a couple of last minute tickets but with all the crap about not being able to pass on passwords to anyone else and having to collect the tickets in person with ID etc. etc. I just couldnt take the risk of losing £250 plus travelling expenses.

Though I dont know what was worse - not getting an email myself or having to turn down my brothers mates! Come on lads, do the decent thing and put on some extra gigs please pretty please with sugar on top! :)

Evester,

When you say formally filmed, what do you mean? I guarantee they recorded all feeds right to disk arrays and not just the produced mix for the screen. Everything seems to leak out these days so I bet they had technical security personnel working to ensure that it was captured to two different raids (in case one failed) and then taken and locked up for further use or to be locked away. I just cannot see them not wanting the masses to see that they could pull it off 27 years later. Let's hope I am right.

Peace all.

I have been wanting to go back to the boot shops in Japan, so I will wait until the report of new boots come out and then had to Shinjuku.

Peace

Well the clip of 'Black Dog' on the BBC came during the show and 'courtesy of Led Zeppelin' so this didn't happen by accident. As the whole thing is for a charity the boys obviously felt passionate enough about to actually reform AND because the whole thing, fedback and lack of cameras notwithstanding, is an historical document, it's inconceivable that the event will not be shared with the rest of the world via DVD and all the income that will bring to the charity.

As I say, my info is that it's IN PRODUCTION RIGHT NOW.

Evester,

When you say formally filmed, what do you mean? I guarantee they recorded all feeds right to disk arrays and not just the produced mix for the screen. Everything seems to leak out these days so I bet they had technical security personnel working to ensure that it was captured to two different raids (in case one failed) and then taken and locked up for further use or to be locked away. I just cannot see them not wanting the masses to see that they could pull it off 27 years later. Let's hope I am right.

Peace all.

I have been wanting to go back to the boot shops in Japan, so I will wait until the report of new boots come out and then had to Shinjuku.

Peace

Archived